Originally Posted by
Amateur
Jinnia,
I, too, have been thru this at Christmastime.....it was Dec 8 of 1990, and I'll never forget it!! My tree was up, and I had some presents under the tree. I got a call at work that my home was on fire!!
I didn't believe it at first, but it was all too real. My tree lights had shorted out, and b/c my home was weather proofed, no one saw a thing til the windows blew out. That started a real blaze. It was the most sickening feeling I can ever remember. Fortunately, the kids were at school, and no one else was endangered.
I got thru with the loving support of family, friends, coworkers, and even strangers who wanted to help. Sometimes I wanted to turn down offers of help, but my sister told me it's called "bread on the water" - pass it on. So some of those who offered help were probably passing on the help they were given at some point in their lives. How could I refuse??
So, don't look at it as "charity" or anything like that. It's just passing on the grace we've been given at some point along the way.:hug:
You're so blessed that you and yours are well, and no one lost their lives. Everything else comes after that...but it does come. :wave:
Liz