The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Default Full Tilt to enter French market

Full Tilt, just like its major rival PokerStars, is making a move into the French market. And the poker room is now blocking French residents from using the site while it applies for an official license.

Gaming Intelligence has the details:

The news came as a surprise to French Full Tilt customers who have complained that they were not warned about the move. The company has made it clear however that despite the temporary suspension of real-money gaming by French residents, player accounts remain available for withdrawal.

fastermule poker is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I really think this buzz is worded poorly. Full Tilt have chosen to cut their French players off from the World Poker Market and rake them at a higher level in line with the new French regulations. They were already IN the French Market.
    fastermule poker: www.fastermule.com
    poker comedy & the donkey talk podcast:
    www.poker-spank.com

Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,813 Posts

I can't read the article.

Gaming Intelligence wanted an account created and then they had different membership levels.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator

The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Here's a piece from PocketFives.com about a French player's dealings with Full Tilt:

http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/full-t...osatge-591501/

webophil is offline New Member
    Thanks

I am a french poker player, also a french affiliate. Last years, I was advertising many poker rooms over the world, and now, I have to limit my work to... licensed operators.

Everybody was aware of the FullTilt position: yes for the french market, even it is a small one, with many bad and free players.

At this time, when you want to play at a french poker room, you have to wait a long time to find a table or a turney. It seems poker is not the real good deal that operators was expecting...

Rakes are higher, but... peoples have to pay a taxe to play poker, it is normal! Dont you pay a taxe when you eat meal or drink wine? It was an outlaw market, but now, everything is clear and I think it is better for everyone.

I hope sincerely the same for US players: with lower rakes if taxes are not as high as ours!

If you read french, I am publishing everyday the news about the french market here :
    poker-internet-france.com

Best of poker for all!
    Phil