The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Default G2E Asia planning to go ahead with July dates for 2020 trade show

Despite a plea from London-based gaming table developer, G2E Asia confirmed its intention to hold this year’s event in late July despite concerns over the COVID-19 outbreak.

From Inside Asian Gaming:

In response to queries from Inside Asian Gaming, co-organizer Reed Exhibitions – which has already rescheduled the show once from its original dates of 19 to 21 May – said it was sticking with its plan to host this year’s G2E Asia at The Venetian Macao from 28 to 30 July.

“We would like to emphasize that health and safety are our top priorities,” Reed explained. “In consultation with our customers and the Macau government, and out of an abundance of caution in March, G2E Asia is [already] postponing its event in Macau to July 28 to 30.

“As the global pandemic crisis keeps evolving, we will continue to monitor the situation and remain in close contact with all G2E Asia stakeholders to provide updates as available.

“Having established in Asia [for] over a decade, we are committed to continuing to serve as a strong partner of the industry and economic driver by holding the premiere gaming industry event in Macau. This is the time we stand by with each other."
    Read more here: https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2020...20-trade-show/

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,923 Posts

It's not worth it to go to one of these busy events that's full of people and any one of them might be carrying the awful coronavirus. Way too risky. Some people are just carriers of the virus without even realizing that they actually have it and they say that it can be 20 times stronger than influenza!
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 30 March 2020 at 3:40 pm.

MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    It's not worth it to go to one of these busy events that's full of people and any one of them might be carrying the awful coronavirus. Way too risky. Some people are just carriers of the virus without even realizing that they actually have it!
    So you should avoid any conference like LAC in February every year because of influenza which is not less harmful tbh.

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,923 Posts

I didn't say to avoid every conference, but at least just for this year until they hopefully find a vaccine for this thing and to at least slow the spread of it around the world. Thousands of people are dead (and still dying) all over the world and this has to be taken very seriously. Just keep watching the news on TV and you'll see what everyone's been talking about and to stay up to date. You, me and everyone have to take this seriously and do our part
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 30 March 2020 at 3:53 pm.

MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I'll do my part as should everybody else. But panicking won't make it better especially when you have to admit that you had to enforce the same measures every year with influenza which kills easily 5 figures each year in EU alone. It's good that some already try to move on especially in Asia where things are under control again. Anyways, stay safe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrAJ For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (30 March 2020)

Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I believe it is irresponsible for the organizer to still plan on holding this or any event as it is irresponsible for anyone who attends any events during this crisis. Even best scenario puts the timing of events in July questionable.
    statsdrone.com

Want to try the StatsDrone for free for 30 days? Would you like a demo? DM me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (31 March 2020)

The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Not shocking, but G2E Asia has been postponed again, this time until December. Once again, seems like wishful thinking . . .

https://www.gpwa.org/article/g2e-asi...d-again-234598

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (20 April 2020), universal4 (17 April 2020)

cantona07 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I cant see many people being daft enough to want to go

Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

We will have to see how the pandemic spreads and if we will be allowed to travel around the world. Countries will be careful to open their borders again.

golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantona07 View Post
    I cant see many people being daft enough to want to go
    Even when things have turned the corner on this episode, there’s still going to be a level of fear and reluctance to travel for many people I expect, not only for things like conferences but also holidays to badly affected areas etc. Sadly I think we’ve barely touched the surface of the wider implications of this pandemic for the way we live our lives.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (20 April 2020), universal4 (20 April 2020)