I have seen some sites linking to Gamble Aware and other such sites. Have affiliates got to do this?
Printable View
I have seen some sites linking to Gamble Aware and other such sites. Have affiliates got to do this?
It is a requirement to include this link if promoting your site in the UK using Google Adwords;
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw...topic=gambling
I left the links live after i dropped Adwords campaigns as I just felt better about it being there !
M
Some do it for Adwords, however I think most do it as it seems the right thing to do!
If you are in the UK and/or promoting your site in the UK (whatsoever) you need to include it as part of the Gambling Act, 2005. There are a few other requirements too.
Until now these requirements haven't really been enforced, but from the 1st of March the Advertising Standards Agency will be actively policing web sites.
I link out to them and to Gambler's Anonymous too. Just feel it is the right thing to do.
Ya I was never aware of this either.
Learn something new every day it would seem.
We are moving to this in an upcoming website redesign. As others have said, because it is the right thing to do. Also adding in an over 18 only icon.
I have it in the footer so it's on all pages. I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact rule is.
There would be no SEO benefit to doing this (read this thread if you're not sure why).