Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Gambling Operators in Costa Rica

I came across a brief article regarding online gambling operators in Costa Rica. I knew there were many operators based in Costa Rica but really was not aware too much about the situation there.

I found it interesting that although it is illegible to gamble online it is also illegal to gamble on games that have a random outcome. It is also interesting that although online gambling is illegal in Costa Rica it is very simple for an operator to start and establish themselves.

To read more about this check out this link: http://thecostaricanews.com/legal-st...ng-costa-rica/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (21 May 2017)

Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    I came across a brief article regarding online gambling operators in Costa Rica. I knew there were many operators based in Costa Rica but really was not aware too much about the situation there.

I found it interesting that although it is illegible to gamble online it is also illegal to gamble on games that have a random outcome. It is also interesting that although online gambling is illegal in Costa Rica it is very simple for an operator to start and establish themselves.

To read more about this check out this link: http://thecostaricanews.com/legal-st...ng-costa-rica/
    Some countries let you do whatever as long as you don't bother their residents with your product. A lot of government see it as their task to protect their citizens, not citizens of other countries.

If you see some "unexpected" countries in the excluded countries list, it's many because they're based there or operating from there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (22 May 2017)

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 981 Posts

That article is completely erroneous, there is no gaming commission or licencing in costa rica, most probably a paid article with a dofollow link embedded, operations do have call centres that hold a data license which means they can have an office for it and Telefonic reasons, but gambling operations are not permitted, and since 2005 government has been closing them down along with help of the usa.. Starting a corporation is now a complete nightmare and has been since 2012, don't believe everything you read

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

Triple7 (21 May 2017)

-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,162 Times in 1,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    That article is completely erroneous, there is no gaming commission or licencing in costa rica, most probably a paid article with a dofollow link embedded, operations do have call centres that hold a data license which means they can have an office for it and Telefonic reasons, but gambling operations are not permitted, and since 2005 government has been closing them down along with help of the usa.. Starting a corporation is now a complete nightmare and has been since 2012, don't believe everything you read
    Many of the operators situated in Costa Rica try to represent (or imply) that their business license as a gambling license.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

wonderpunter (22 May 2017)