kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Google Merchant Center

HI there, could someone tell me, what is google merchant center, do affiliates use it?
    Because i receive an e-mail from them today and i dont understand well what i must do

Thank you

slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Been using it for years for my retail sites. Its a tool used to have products listed in Google shopping. You create a product feed and upload it to the merchant center or can schedule the feed to be fetched from your site.

Unfortunately, in 2012 Google forced all merchants to run ppc ads or be booted from Google shopping, no more free clicks/visitors these days.

What did the email say? Can you post it or tell us the nature of it?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slotplayer For This Useful Post:

kazinoportal (14 February 2014)

kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slotplayer View Post
    Been using it for years for my retail sites. Its a tool used to have products listed in Google shopping. You create a product feed and upload it to the merchant center or can schedule the feed to be fetched from your site.

Unfortunately, in 2012 Google forced all merchants to run ppc ads or be booted from Google shopping, no more free clicks/visitors these days.

What did the email say? Can you post it or tell us the nature of it?
    Thanks for replying slotplayer

Actually i dont know nothing and never used this for site, i was just wondering if it is something necessary for our job or just something not very much important

E-mail is:
    Create and upload a data feed
    We've noticed you've successfully created a Google Merchant Center account and claimed your website. Now you need to set up and upload a data feed if you want to create Product Listing Ads, which will help shoppers find your site by showing images and details of your products in Google search results. Log in to your Google Merchant Center account and click the Data Feeds tab.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kazinoportal For This Useful Post:

slotplayer (14 February 2014)