-
Google Spam Update
Hi guys, hope everybody going well, i wonder if many you guys got harmed from the last update form Google Spam Update this month, in my case for sure i got, one of my best pages i lost all my keywords in one of my review pages, im awared that my backlinks could be done much better... but the question is in my case if i can recover this page, my review page still is indexed in google (site:domain..), but not keywords is indexing, so should i add more content and build a better link building stategy to recover this page or should i create a new page?
What you guys recommend?
Best regards
-
The first thing I'd be thinking is ' Is this really down to the spam update?'
There have been plenty of changes in recent months that might play a part. How can I really be sure whether it was one of those, something I did (on page maybe), something I haven't done that's now a critical/desired element, something that's always been 'wrong' and has only just been noticed, whether a significant number of competitors all got a boost (there are many ways this could be happening with some of the current techniques and Google's own changes).
If this is just a recent drop (and I do have exactly the same currently with a page that's been in the retrievable index for 6 years and suddenly dropped like a stone to nowhere, but is still indexed as such ), I wouldn't do anything drastic and wait a bit to see what happens. If you know your page wasn't strong enough anyway, then yes, reconstruct/add content. If you know you have crap links, then get rid of them. But not building more crap links would seem to be very simple/sensible advice. As would checking the page to make sure there's nothing technically wrong with it.
-
Hi,
If you know you could have done better on your linkbuilding strategy, yes I suggest you reworking on it (possibly removing harmful backlinks).
Creating a new pages does not make sense to me because the link spam update is all about "backlinks".
So the best approach for you to recover is
1. get organic links , not paid ones
2. remove harmful backlinks to the pages that you have see traffic drops
3. the problem can be site-wide, so check on the HP page which sends linkjuice to all the other pages on the site if you have any harmful paid backlink.
I know we currently have 2 google algo updates at the same time in 2022 (link update on the 14th & helpful content update on the 5th of Dec) and some SEOs are panicking, but at least, we are not going to have a big update this year, so rest assured my friend!
-
I have a young site. It is 5 months old. For the past 2 months I have had a steady increase in positions. In the last few days, it suddenly dropped 15 positions in one day (average) but is slowly increasing the ranking again.
Although my knowledge of SEO is negligible and I know enough that proper content, links and technical things are important, the most important thing is patience. It all takes a long time and whatever we do we won't speed it up.
But so going off topic it's lame that so much depends on one search engine. It would be nice to diversify traffic sources. But it's easy to say.
-
According to the updates log it could take 2 weeks to fully roll out so you might find that the positions you're seeing right now change again. Should be complete by the 28th December although they normally announce it on their twitter feed when it's done.
-
As I heard, the last spam update was heavily targeting domains that managed to receive many links via guest posts, that were marked as sponsored content. Though I did not use those in my link-building strategy and did not notice any concerns by now. Although the rollout can continue so it is better to hold a hand on the pulse and track any changes via the search console these days.
-
As far as I know these are still going - link spam and helpful content updates.
https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...yed-34643.html
Seeing a lot of movement today and yesterday (new years day). Weird un-related results on pages 2, 3 and 4 for some queries too.
-
How is it going for top-markets?
Working for 3rd world countries, I guess this update comes a bit later