We have some sites that are Dutch sub domains. I was wondering is German so close to Dutch that it may not be required? Just wondering if its worth translating to German when we already have Dutch content?
Printable View
We have some sites that are Dutch sub domains. I was wondering is German so close to Dutch that it may not be required? Just wondering if its worth translating to German when we already have Dutch content?
Hi, although it is a bit similar and Germans and Dutch can understand each other when spoken slowly (and with fluent English to make educated guesses), the language itself is way too different. Probably like Italian and Spanish, it`s not all jibberish to each other, but it is still way diffrent...
thanks.. do you know anyone who could do around 10-12 pages of translation of my poker site? and also include the proper meta tags and descriptions?
Try fiverr, a cheap way to get translations, but be sure you won't get babelfish or google translated pages, ask for references.
yeah i would never use that site for serious work like this :-) i would rather pay a good writer to translate. So far we got a swedish one and brazilian one. Looking at others like german now :-)
+1
I studied both languages for a bit at uni. Similar but different sums it up. Unfortunately I don't know of a Dutch>German translator...not sure if many Germans actually learn Dutch. You might do better to translate the Dutch to English and then to German; but of course that involves more expense...
yeah i am looking for English to German right now. I have Dutch already :-)
I have Swedish coming and Brazilian.
Just need German and then Spanish and then other..
But looking for some German translations from English right now
How big are the pages ? I could do English->German and wouldn`t even require payment, I would like to include a link of mine here or there, of course... ;-)
Pages around 500 words maybe a little bigger. Looking at getting the whole page done with meta titles and descriptions as well. More or less about 12 pages to start - just to get my feet wet a bit :-). Would be homepage, one other page, and maybe 10 reviews! I already have pages in English.
However i would prefer to pay for them :-)