-
Hi all
Hey everyone
Just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. I am not new to the gaming world having been involved in various different guises for a number of years now but have decided to branch out on my own and do some websites!
So my first one can be found in the sig below - any comments welcome - it is still very much under construction as you will see and not indexed or anything anywhere as of yet.
Anyway great to be involved
Cheers
Andy
-
Welcome to the forum!
I think your site looks great, off to a very good start. I like the mix of content and banners/promotions that you've got on the homepage above the fold.
I would however change the font and colour of your header, the white on light blue doesn't really stand out, and for branding purposes, you want your readers to remember your site's name.
Cheers,
-
Free bets site
Hi there
Yes, I would have to agree with Julia. You need to work on the top part and the branding of your site.
Whenever i start working on a new site, I always start working with the logo and the branding first. I think some affiliates get a great url, put it on the top (typesetting only) and focus on the rest of the site. Concentrating on links, photos, banners, content, reviews etc. This is fine, but like Julia pointed out, you want readers to remember your site or brand. Give the brand personality!
I think its a good investment to develop a good logo and tag or positioning line. Then when the viewer comes to your site they remember it.
The branding is important because it's what people will remember when they recall your site, discuss it and this will build more word of mouth in the long run.
It's also a good idea to build a "style guide" to your site. This includes, fonts, colors, images, what's important to include, how to use the logo etc. Build the document. So when you grow and build your site, you keep the fundamentals of the brand intact and if you use other designers, they have something to follow.
Your brand will evolve and change over time, but keeping the brand strong, consistent and unique will benefit your site in the long run.
Those are my thoughts
Robert
WorldRefer
-
-
Hi Andy! Your site is off to a great start but I'd agree about what's been said regardin the header. It needs to be bolder.
-
Welcome to the forum Andy! Nice start-up on the site.
-
Hi Andy - welcome to the forums!
-
Hi Andy! Glad to see you here! I agree with everything that has been said about your header, but other than that your site looks very nice!
-
hey! nice site. Perhaps you might want to add a header or a logo of some sort at the top.
-
Thanks to everyone for their great feedback - really appreciate it and have taken it on board
I have a designer working on the header as we speak and to develop a brand with the site
been a bit busy with other things for the last week or so and have not done any further work on the site so now need to get a grip!
Cheers and best regards
Andy