Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ziggy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb1web View Post
    sponsor responsibility will be the deciding factor in such matters.
    You are correct - worked like a charm.

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb1web View Post
    Hi all,

sponsor responsibility will be the deciding factor in such matters.

if the offending webmaster can't make money. ...... they'll stop.

it is the rest of the community's responsiblity to NOT promote sponsors that support BH tactics. that is the only way we will prevail.

and its the right thing to do.
    Hear...Hear

Without regurgitating...Remove the cash incentive, and the catalyst is no longer an issue.

The BIG problem is although a lot of aff programs respect a zero tolerance to BH, content theft, spam and other scallywag rogue activities, there are those that are still in a grey area.

Point in question, I've received a growing number of SPAMS from a certain bingo affiliate program lately. This is directly from the Aff manager. Where as, their site clearly states a zero policy to SPAM.

Either this is a basic misunderstanding of the mechanics or its something less than kosher. Personally one unsolicited email (sent via webmaster@ or through my domainbyproxy email addy) from an aff program is not going to shake my tree, but a continued effort imho displays a level that evolves back to the topic in question.

Unfortunately in most cases, change does not take place without some form of loss.

It's with this view that I agree to BB's comments above. If an aff program is unwilling to protect genuine webmaster's interests, then maybe that program needs to be black banned for a while.

Cheers

Dave
    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

igaming affiliates rights - fairness for all iGaming affiliates

matted is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I know I take the non-business side of the business very seriously when deciding who to promote. Not always the best business decision short term, but being this is supplemental income, I can subscribe to a higher sense of ethics... And I still see it as a profitable strategy in the long term.

However, it takes all of us united to make our voice heard loudly.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

pgaming is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Certainly a nice theoretical view of things on how things should work. On occasion some programs actually do take swift action and choke off the BH SEO cash flow. But the thief just moves on continually stealing, spamming, etc… Picking on new targets often with the same program.

Seriously a BH SEO affiliate making 100x for a particular program than Zig will be banned from the program. More like just remove the stolen content and we are back in business.

BH SEO is just that “Black” the creepy crawling little buggers that employ exploitative measures to ensure success. I find it very strange when I read articles about SEO. Questions like “should I BH SEO or WH SEO?” Well if you are a gangster without any moral fibre jump on the Trojan horse and go BH SEO. Go ahead just smash your way in cowards.

I guess lots of people blame Google as if it their fault. The day when there are no more viruses kicking around then blame Google. BH SEO a hackerish exploitive technique no different from viruses, malware, spam email etc… An exploit is an exploit I see no difference.

I better stop here before it really gets to me. I would just like to say hi to my good friend iraxian.

Greek39
    Last edited by pgaming; 3 May 2007 at 12:47 am.

jagan is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I have seen google punishing the websites which stole the contents or produce duplicate contents.

Google can also determine the stolen or duplicate contents by comparing the age of the domains. Its always good to report google about stolen contents!
    Jagan
    ON Page SEO, Content Creation, Blogger Outreach and Brand Building Services
    Send me PM

WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I just thought that I would add this into the discussion. It is very easy to steal content from peoples website. All people need to do is visit your website, and click on "view" in their menu bar, and then click "view source code", and it will give you all the html code for any site.

I just thought I would add that so you know how the people are getting the coding for your website. There may be a patch somewhere where you can stop this from happening and secure your websites coding, but I do not know any off hand.

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerK View Post
    All people need to do is visit your website, and click on "view" in their menu bar, and then click "view source code", and it will give you all the html code for any site.
    Yes you can do it that way, but it's very rudimentary.

9 times out of 10, content that is stolen and used, is obtained from harvesting software, much like software that is used to scour the net looking for email addresses.

This software usually mimics human browsing behaviour and can rip an entire site's content, including code very quickly. No point disabling highlight/copy & or even right click access at it's useless. Even combining these measures with a site to load in window with all navigation and stripped of tools.

As long as the user has your site's URL their in.

Rule of thumb, anything a SE can crawl, means that harvest software can too.

Cheers

Dave
    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

igaming affiliates rights - fairness for all iGaming affiliates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12