adrianm is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default How do you track your visitors?

How do you track your visitors?
    i am thinking to use addfreestats.com. anyone here using there? it's seems a little bit complicated for me having different code for each page. what if i have more sites?if anyone using them please let me know how their tracking works .
    i am also opened to other sugestions as i am sure everybody here is counting their visitors.

Thanks

other things that would realy help me is how you manage your links. are you using simply html files where you manualy add the links or you use scripts to handle this. are you using simply links or links with small description?
    probably the last thing(but one of the most importants) i have to setup for my sites is the newsletter. i am not a programmer and a hint here will help me a lot.
    thanks

VPJunkie is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I use free HitBox for my stats & Links Manager for my Links pages.

Manually doing links at first is fine, but when they start adding up, it gets too time-consuming.

peralis is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I am using Indexu.com for my links etc. Saves me stacks of time.

LineResearch is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'm using addfreestats and am very satisfied with it. Rather than add the code for each page of a site, I usually just pick a few pages with the highest traffic which gives me a pretty good idea of how the site is doing. You'll run into the adding code to every page issue with most free stat services. Still doing all my links by hand but it is getting tiring.

Pam712 is offline Assistant Manager
    Thanks

I agree they are OK The putting the code into each page separately is a bit of a pain but as Ed said you'll have that problem on most free services

Thanks

thanks for your answers. i will use addfreestats for statistic and manula add for links. i will order them alphabetical and i still wonder if it is best to use small description or link only. comments here will be apreciated.
    i am still waiting for a solution for newsletter problem.
    Thanks

VPJunkie is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Mihai - you're almost in here - we have a TON of info on this in the private forums!

I use Constant Contact for my emails now.

Thanks

ok then.
    i will just wait for my membership to be processed .

BadBoy is offline New Member
    Thanks

Default use this

mihai, for stats use AXS by Fluid Dynamics. This is a real access logging cgi program, so you will get more stats than you would with most free services, and you do not need to post any codes on your pages because this gathers info directly from your log files. The best part is you wil not have any unwanted logos or banners on your site. Oops I lied... the BEST part is that you don't need to know how to install cgi! You don't need to do anything really, you simply enter your ftp info and such into the form on the AXS website and it automatically installs! Go to www.xav.com and under AXS Visitor Tracking System click the install link.

For your mailing list use Subscribe Me, it's easy to install and use. You'll find it at http://www.siteinteractive.com/subscribe/