View Poll Results: How many iGaming and affiliate conferences do you plan to attend in 2009?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

7 38.89%
  • One

4 22.22%
  • Two

1 5.56%
  • Three

1 5.56%
  • Four

1 5.56%
  • Five

1 5.56%
  • More than Five

3 16.67%
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,740 Times in 1,830 Posts

Question How many iGaming and affiliate conferences do you plan to attend in 2009?

There has been an explosion of iGaming and affiliate conference in the past year. There was ICEi and CAP Euro in London and the GPWA conference in Las Vegas in January, AiG in Macau in February, and CAC Amsterdam at the end of March.

And the Amsterdam Affiliate Conference is scheduled for the beginning of April, BetMarkets Asia in Macau in May, Affilicon in Israel in June, an affiliate gathering in Toronto in July, the Budapest Affiliate Conference, EiG in Copenhagen, and CAC Moscow in September, The Betting Show in the UK and Affilicon Scandinavia in Sweden in October, the Madrid Affiliate Conference in October, the Sydney Affiliate Conference in and Affilicon Far East in Bejing in November.

And I'm sure I'm missing a few others as well.

So, how many of these conferences do you personally plan to attend this year? And besides indicating how many you plan to attend this year, be sure to share your thoughts about which ones you will attend and why with us in a post in this thread.

Michael

Thanks

Well, I figure I will be at more than five conference this year for me. For the GPWA it is important to have a presence at many of these conferences. Personally, I've already been to three conferences in the first three months of the year. The GPWA conference in Las Vegas in January, AiG in Macau in February, and CAC Amsterdam in March. While I do not expect to keep up a pace even approaching that, I know I'll be at least once conference a quarter for the rest of the year.

Michael

wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Michael

It is always good to see but you should send you team instead let the likes of Steven be the face of GPWA.

We are also looking at the non gaming events so a lot of travel and lots of crap to steal from hotels.

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    Well, I figure I will be at more than five conference this year for me. For the GPWA it is important to have a presence at many of these conferences. Personally, I've already been to three conferences in the first three months of the year. The GPWA conference in Las Vegas in January, AiG in Macau in February, and CAC Amsterdam in March. While I do not expect to keep up a pace even approaching that, I know I'll be at least once conference a quarter for the rest of the year.

Michael

alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will be attending a shed load this year which is often frustrating as it does mean being out the office a lot but its not too bad once you get the hang of it - Problem I have is that I also have an iGaming Business hat so have to attend a lot of the main stream events which aren't so relevent for the affiliate market but more supplier/operator orientated and then like Shaun I am attending a few non gaming events too.
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

raphnix is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Me too, I want to join as much as I can but the problem is it would mean I should leave my works and other campaigns. Also, I haven't enough revenue to spend to those travels.

Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

i put down none

Maybe next year for me, but to be honest just too busy keeping my head above the water line to justify the spend this year.

I know conferences can be invaluable and will try in the future to attend some but the cost of travel and accomodation as well as the time lost away from family means that i have decided my money and time is better spent staying at home.

But maybe next year, who knows
    Arthritis Care

To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

thetroglodyte is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I would like to attend my first one this year.

Chips is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

Health permitting I am hoping to make it to Budapest, not committing yet. If not, London in frigid January is on the scope for me. I feel if I can make one per year that is enough for now. The travel expenses are crazy. I think attending every conference would be redundant and the productivity would suffer.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Michael

It is always good to see but you should send you team instead let the likes of Steven be the face of GPWA.

We are also looking at the non gaming events so a lot of travel and lots of crap to steal from hotels.

Shaun
    Well, of course that is generally the way we do things. Steven, Rebecca, Eric, and J.Todd were all present at all of the iGaming affiliate conferences so far this year. The only other major conference I was at was AiG, which is a more general iGaming conference not really affiliate focused.

Michael

Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Probably I will attend none. I actually wanted to attend CAC, but could not make it for some private reasons. I have actually made up my mind to attend only one conference a year, and that will be CAC. So I hope to attend the next CAC. Generally speaking, I don't think this conference inflation has any value for the affiliates.

brucefinaldi is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

After going to AAC, which I thought was a success considering the current situation it was in, I will be going to Affilicon Israel, Budapest and Madrid.

I feel that is important to place a face with a name, and build personal realtionships, and conferences provide the ideal environment to help both affiliates and operators achieve this.

Thanks

Now add Mind The GAP to your diary...

Shaun

matted is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I've made a point to go to one conference per year... I missed 2008, but hit up GPWA Conference in January.

I feel they are an important part of success in the industry, especially for newer webmasters who have a website, but need to get ideas to drive traffic and conversions.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

Thanks

I loved the GPWA section on the end of Barca it was great and I was lucky enough to have teh stage for 20 mins, i hope see the GPWA do more events in the future.

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by matted View Post
    I've made a point to go to one conference per year... I missed 2008, but hit up GPWA Conference in January.

I feel they are an important part of success in the industry, especially for newer webmasters who have a website, but need to get ideas to drive traffic and conversions.