Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Alex_PlayAttack is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts

    Default

    Hi Guys,


    Thanks for such an interesting thread, of course it's not a surprise to know cold-base emailing could be annoying. Just my two cents about aff. manager's side of the coin: for us emailing is another way to reach our target audience (you guys actually). We don't like this way but we can't skip it as well.
    As for me, world would be better if not interested recipient replied "don't touch me" and a sender immediately canceled any further efforts.
    But unfortunately, there is still not much place for politeness and intelligence in the world we live in, so if we swap our places, I'd rather block and ignore than take risks to face another objection overcoming robot.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_PlayAttack For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (21 August 2017)

  3. #22
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 660 Times in 380 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_PlayAttack View Post
    Hi Guys,


    Thanks for such an interesting thread, of course it's not a surprise to know cold-base emailing could be annoying. Just my two cents about aff. manager's side of the coin: for us emailing is another way to reach our target audience (you guys actually). We don't like this way but we can't skip it as well.
    As for me, world would be better if not interested recipient replied "don't touch me" and a sender immediately canceled any further efforts.
    But unfortunately, there is still not much place for politeness and intelligence in the world we live in, so if we swap our places, I'd rather block and ignore than take risks to face another objection overcoming robot.
    The op wrote:
    Now - I don't want to do business with either of these groups - I just want to get rid of them ... but currently I cannot get of these people either by ignoring them, or even telling them that I am not interested and to delete my email from their list.
    Seems a simple "don't touch me" doesn't always work and that the lack of politeness and intelligence is not exclusive to affiliates only.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (15 August 2017)

  5. #23
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,264
    Thanks
    1,952
    Thanked 4,213 Times in 2,005 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_PlayAttack View Post
    As for me, world would be better if not interested recipient replied "don't touch me" and a sender immediately canceled any further efforts.
    As DaftDog has mentioned ... the OP explains the issue.

    I understand cold-calls and I attempt to reply to most AMs even if it is to say NO.
    Unfortunately only about 10% of AM's take NO as the answer ..

    I am then bombarded with daily mails because the AM thinks they've "lucked" into a live email address and won't let it go.
    So this is an attempt to find ways to "outprice" myself and get off the list ...

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (15 August 2017), Alex_PlayAttack (15 August 2017), Luke Affalliance (15 August 2017), PROFRBcom (15 August 2017), Triple7 (22 August 2017)

  7. #24
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 318 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Since this topic was raised, I have 2 questions for you.

    1) What is your attitude if, for example, an affiliate manager, whom you`ve refused and for whom your traffic is relevant(!!!) contacts you in a month or two with a polite question whether you do have any free spots coming up in future?

    2) If you are refusing every affiliate program who is trying to reach you, how do you update your websites with new brands? I understand that you may not do it on the regular basis, but I assume you still do it once in a while.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    Alex_PlayAttack (15 August 2017)

  9. #25
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    1,424
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Affalliance View Post
    Since this topic was raised, I have 2 questions for you.

    1) What is your attitude if, for example, an affiliate manager, whom you`ve refused and for whom your traffic is relevant(!!!) contacts you in a month or two with a polite question whether you do have any free spots coming up in future?

    2) If you are refusing every affiliate program who is trying to reach you, how do you update your websites with new brands? I understand that you may not do it on the regular basis, but I assume you still do it once in a while.
    1) Contacting me once a quarter wouldn't be terrible. But once a month? They'd end up spam listed for sure.

    2) We are a part of our niche. We participate and follow social media, forums, and talk to our customers. We tend to hear about options relatively soon after they are created.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (15 August 2017)

  11. #26
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 318 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    1) Contacting me once a quarter wouldn't be terrible. But once a month? They'd end up spam listed for sure.

    2) We are a part of our niche. We participate and follow social media, forums, and talk to our customers. We tend to hear about options relatively soon after they are created.
    Coming from that I assume that you prefer to reach the program you are interested to promote rather than having program reaching you to offer you a deal?

  12. #27
    Miles_Videoslots's Avatar
    Miles_Videoslots is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 477 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    I have to agree with you in most respects and ultimately it's your business and you get the choice of who to tell to F off and who to work with for sure and for one who was lucky enough to work with you in the past.

    I have always found that your frank upfront and direct approach was always a good one.

    You have always been honest and truthful and I feel you should stick to that approach rather than a trick , lie or be deceitful in what you tell affiliate managers just be YOU! it's your business.

    Just want to say that persistence is a trait I know all too well and it has done well for me personally its what makes me good at what I do and it is part of an affiliate managers job to keep hunting deals if we didn't we wouldn't be doing our job in saying that ... there should 100% be a limit and NO is NO .

    if you can't find a good medium and an affiliate just does not want to negotiate then well its time to close that chapter and move on. you have every right to choose your partners and discard those that you don't need or want /

    My gut feel is if you start telling programs that you want $xxxx listing fees etc then this is just inviting them to keep coming back as they may feel if they offer enough they will turn you .. Just be Gooner and tell them how it is you work.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miles_Videoslots For This Useful Post:

    Partnerama (18 August 2017), TheGooner (16 August 2017)

  14. #28
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 592 Posts

    Default

    The internet is no excuse for poor approach etiquette. You wouldn't just meet someone and right away ask them how much. Then why do it over an email. I'd gladly reply to an email that starts with "Hi, my name is ..... and I work for ...... . Would you have the time to discuss a potential partnership?" and end it there.

    I've never received such email, in one affiliate manager letter, you get their name, the program they work for, how great their program is, what you get and what %, how much money they'd make you etc etc, 500 letter message that I guess most just delete before they even read the 2nd sentence.

    Why would you assume a copy-pasted message that has been sent bulk to 50 sites will get you anywhere?

    I personally delete and move on. Takes me 2 seconds, which means that I'd waste 1 minute every 30 messages, rather than 2h 30min, if I took the liberty to reply (around 5 mins) per message. So go ahead Paul, check how fast you can delete a pile of link sales/aff offers within a minute
    Gambipedia.com - casino & slot reviews accompanied by casino betting guides

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (18 August 2017), Alex_PlayAttack (18 August 2017), Luke Affalliance (18 August 2017), Partnerama (18 August 2017), universal4 (18 August 2017)

  16. #29
    Partnerama's Avatar
    Partnerama is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    The internet is no excuse for poor approach etiquette. You wouldn't just meet someone and right away ask them how much. Then why do it over an email. I'd gladly reply to an email that starts with "Hi, my name is ..... and I work for ...... . Would you have the time to discuss a potential partnership?" and end it there.

    I've never received such email, in one affiliate manager letter, you get their name, the program they work for, how great their program is, what you get and what %, how much money they'd make you etc etc, 500 letter message that I guess most just delete before they even read the 2nd sentence.

    Why would you assume a copy-pasted message that has been sent bulk to 50 sites will get you anywhere?

    I personally delete and move on. Takes me 2 seconds, which means that I'd waste 1 minute every 30 messages, rather than 2h 30min, if I took the liberty to reply (around 5 mins) per message. So go ahead Paul, check how fast you can delete a pile of link sales/aff offers within a minute
    Totally agree with above, the frequency and tone of "affiliate acquisition emails" is key.
    Keeping it short with a closing line: ...."our proposal is simple: have a look at Casino XYZ (URL) and let me know your initial thoughts?"... usually works well. If it sparks an interest, it opens the door for a more detailed conversation.

    However spamming the life out of affiliates is sometimes encouraged by certain operators, in the past I have witnessed an appraisal for an AM who created a fake Facebook profile (of a very aesthetically pleasing young female) to re-target an affiliate who failed to respond to his previous emails.

  17. #30
    WagerX's Avatar
    WagerX is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 90 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    Good question.
    If I had an epic site like yours I would so the following:

    For affiliate programs.
    Most are probably using an automated bot. How about a contact form with an advanced captcha? A high price point would be 1000 cpa with minimum of 10000 per month. First month up front. lol..

    For links.. charge 10,000 per month on the homepage and 2,000 on an internal page. Tell them that it is a no follow link, of the url of their website only. This amount is super high, and not sustainable. That should scare them away and shouldn't be a burden on your site's SEO profile if they accept.

    If any of these guys say "yes" please post here. .. and factor up to 2X..

  18. #31
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 318 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerX View Post
    Good question.
    If I had an epic site like yours I would so the following:

    For affiliate programs.
    Most are probably using an automated bot. How about a contact form with an advanced captcha? A high price point would be €1000 cpa with minimum of €10000 per month. First month up front. lol..

    For links.. charge €10,000 per month on the homepage and €2,000 on an internal page. Tell them that it is a no follow link, of the url of their website only. This amount is super high, and not sustainable. That should scare them away and shouldn't be a burden on your site's SEO profile if they accept.

    If any of these guys say "yes" please post here. .. and factor up to 2X..
    Most of the affiliate managers don`t use automated bots for contacting affiliates. Or maybe it`s just me using outdated manual work when it comes to sending emails to potential partners...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (21 August 2017)

  20. #32
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Affalliance View Post
    Most of the affiliate managers don`t use automated bots for contacting affiliates. Or maybe it`s just me using outdated manual work when it comes to sending emails to potential partners...
    Judging by the number of affiliate managers who email me asking for space on our affiliate program website because they think we are affiliates, I'd say they are still either using automated bots or have no attention to detail whatsoever.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (21 August 2017), Cash Bonus (21 August 2017), Madz (24 August 2017)

  22. #33
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,015
    Thanks
    8,248
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,779 Posts

    Default

    Hello Renee, most likely, they are only automated bots or just people who have way too much time on their hands.

  23. #34
    superme is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Just invest time to prepare Media kit with insane prices - say link 100K, entry fee to list new program - 300K etc... template it and then just reply with it. Works great for me.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to superme For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (22 August 2017)

  25. #35
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,435
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Judging by the number of affiliate managers who email me asking for space on our affiliate program website because they think we are affiliates, I'd say they are still either using automated bots or have no attention to detail whatsoever.
    Or they just buy lists of affiliate emails and bulk email or outsource the initial contact.

    I once had an email from an AM pitching for business where they said a lot of fairly generic but specific stuff about the site they were emailing through (eg: I like the recent changes, nice logo or whatever). Thinking it was a legit direct contact I actually replied to their "personal" email and they said "what site are you from?".

    I think that was the last email I ever bothered replying to.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 August 2017)

  27. #36
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,435
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    As DaftDog has mentioned ... the OP explains the issue.

    I understand cold-calls and I attempt to reply to most AMs even if it is to say NO.
    Unfortunately only about 10% of AM's take NO as the answer ..

    I am then bombarded with daily mails because the AM thinks they've "lucked" into a live email address and won't let it go.
    So this is an attempt to find ways to "outprice" myself and get off the list ...
    Yeah exactly. A response (any kind of response) just leads to a massive badgering of contact from the person. And also often an increase in the number of new people contacting so they're probably giving it to their mates to try as well.

    Why not charge a review fee - say 1,500 - which you outsource to someone that produces a detailed report on the brand to your specs. Give the report to the brand at the end and base your decision to list/not list on the outcome of the report. No refunds on the report if they fail and you may be giving the program useful feedback.

    And the chancers probably wouldn't do it anyway.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 August 2017), TheGooner (22 August 2017)

  29. #37
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,817
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,322 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    As DaftDog has mentioned ... the OP explains the issue.

    I understand cold-calls and I attempt to reply to most AMs even if it is to say NO.
    Unfortunately only about 10% of AM's take NO as the answer ..

    I am then bombarded with daily mails because the AM thinks they've "lucked" into a live email address and won't let it go.
    So this is an attempt to find ways to "outprice" myself and get off the list ...
    This.

    Any reply or comments about the casino is usually an open sollication to an endless discussion.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 August 2017)

  31. #38
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 318 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Yeah exactly. A response (any kind of response) just leads to a massive badgering of contact from the person. And also often an increase in the number of new people contacting so they're probably giving it to their mates to try as well.

    Why not charge a review fee - say 1,500 - which you outsource to someone that produces a detailed report on the brand to your specs. Give the report to the brand at the end and base your decision to list/not list on the outcome of the report. No refunds on the report if they fail and you may be giving the program useful feedback.

    And the chancers probably wouldn't do it anyway.
    I`m 100% sure that my opinion will not be popular over here, but this sounds like a fraud to me. It`s pretty much the same as an affiliate program saying that you need to push us that much of traffic and if we like it, we may consider paying you. No guarantees.

    In that case it`s better to ignore the manager rather than to offer this, since some beginners in the in the industry may, in fact, pay 1,500 considering it normal.

  32. #39
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,435
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Affalliance View Post
    I`m 100% sure that my opinion will not be popular over here, but this sounds like a fraud to me. It`s pretty much the same as an affiliate program saying that you need to push us that much of traffic and if we like it, we may consider paying you. No guarantees.

    In that case it`s better to ignore the manager rather than to offer this, since some beginners in the in the industry may, in fact, pay 1,500 considering it normal.
    I wouldn't consider it fraudulent. Not if they're actually getting a proper review of the program out of it and they actually could get listed if they pass the review.

    So maybe it wouldn't work in gooners case if he has very high thresholds, but if you are actually listing people who pass it I don't see the issue. I believe there are a few affiliates that do this, has been discussed a few times on the forums.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 August 2017)

  34. #40
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 318 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    I wouldn't consider it fraudulent. Not if they're actually getting a proper review of the program out of it and they actually could get listed if they pass the review.

    So maybe it wouldn't work in gooners case if he has very high thresholds, but if you are actually listing people who pass it I don't see the issue. I believe there are a few affiliates that do this, has been discussed a few times on the forums.
    Yes, I know such model of affiliation, but first of all, the cost is ~6 times lower and secondly, for this money, a review is still being listed with all the pros and cons. In this case, it also would also be fair to have all programs go through this and not just ones that have not impressed you with their cold email pitch.

    It is a business if you pay for something.
    It is gambling if you pay for possibility of something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •