Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Guys - Its really simple, if you don't like the lists then volunteer to be a judge... Then you can make a difference.... These have always been awards for the industry and not for our profit line, we even made them 100% free to attend last year which is the only awards that does that in the whole of iGaming and is extremely rare outside of gaming.

    Its great voicing your opinion on a board, (rightly or wrongly) but you really can make a difference if you just asked to be a judge. These aren't decided by any other factor so email me and get involved... You might then appreciate the work the guys who create these shortlists and winners put in.

    On the points above very quickly -

    1) Tehsik - Why nice one Wonderpunter??? Of the whole list he criticised it was one of the biggest casino affiliates in the market and its the first year they have made it because of the new and improved judging system. I know you will say but its a PPC affiliate etc. etc..... Fact is its a bit more complicated than simply getting a campaign running and that is what makes them truly successful

    2) Jokerman99 & RacingJim - Nowt to do with "bum licking" although of course that would be a bonus The guy that is behind that site is one of the few people GLOBALLY who is LRT certified at a super high level PLUS as I keep saying this is judged by the market so he must be doing something right???

    3) Everyone else that doesn't like the shortlists - In all the years I have been in the sector there is one thing that is true and that is your fav program is subjective based on your experiences and therefore its tough for you to simple criticise as obviously some people do rate these programs... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY step up and become a judge, have your opinion matter!
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to alexpratt For This Useful Post:

    IGT Partners (21 December 2016)

  3. #22
    Jokerman99 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 247 Times in 145 Posts

    Default

    Alex if you want any degree of credibility, then it might help to pick sites that have more than zero visitors per day and for your team to vet sites before they are shortlisted. Based on the suggested judging criteria, several sites on the casino shortlist should not have been nominated, let alone shortlisted. Of course there are a couple of deserving sites in there too, but for the most part the casino nominations are absolute junk.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman99 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (28 November 2016)

  5. #23
    PhilF (ex-WhichBingo)'s Avatar
    PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 174 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    On any 'opinion' based awards people will always disagree.

    Agree with this week's Apprentice ejection? How about X-Factor? What about Trump v Clinton? No I didn't think so. Cry 'unfair' because you don't agree.....

    In Alex's defence, the awards HAVE become more objective with the new criteria. But as with anything there's always room for improvement.

    A PPC affiliate as a winner rather than an SEO/content affiliate? TBH I don't think that IMHO that should be the case but hey at the end of the day, we all count the £££/€€€/$$$/¥¥¥.

    As Alex suggests, rather than stand outside moaning, why not come in, become a judge and stop crap sites getting on the shortlists.

    Sorry to be picky but......
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    .....we even made them 100% free to attend last year which is the only awards that does that in the whole of iGaming
    Not true..... The WhichBingo Awards are also free to attend.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) For This Useful Post:

    alexpratt (28 November 2016), gaffg (30 November 2016)

  7. #24
    tehsik is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 80 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Cat View Post
    PokerStars Partners? Perfect....
    haha , i wonder who promotes them anymore ... lol ... £££ talks you know ))

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to tehsik For This Useful Post:

    Moonlight Cat (29 November 2016)

  9. #25
    tehsik is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 80 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post

    1) Tehsik - Why nice one Wonderpunter??? Of the whole list he criticised it was one of the biggest casino affiliates in the market and its the first year they have made it because of the new and improved judging system. I know you will say but its a PPC affiliate etc. etc..... Fact is its a bit more complicated than simply getting a campaign running and that is what makes them truly successful
    I said nice one cause i agree with HIM. I know what PPC is but still you should've had a PPC section lol , anyway ...

    At least i don't see the same crap programs from the last year , few left now due to GPWA threads which PUT them out , so i'm partially satisfied on the casino side, note that i don't know anything about forex,poker or betting programs ... so i can't say anything about those partners) ...

    PS: Phil (from whichbingo) : you say that we are crying about it ... how can you explain that a crap affiliate program like affutd, (main sponsor for IGB) and other big ones got awards year after year ... stop telling me that somebody is actually voting for them ... i can't and won't believe it ...



    Last edited by tehsik; 28 November 2016 at 12:42 pm.

  10. #26
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,193
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,694 Posts

    Default

    My "opinion" is that programs and people that have ripped off affiliates or closed affiliate programs but left their brand open for business and accepting customers --- basically, programs that are industry/affiliate friendly --- should not even make it to consideration for the short list.

    Until there's a better way to scrub the list, it doesn't matter who the judges are. Some of these clowns should not have made it to the judge's eyes.

  11. #27
    UTG
    UTG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    Guys - Its really simple, if you don't like the lists then volunteer to be a judge... Then you can make a difference.... These have always been awards for the industry and not for our profit line, we even made them 100% free to attend last year which is the only awards that does that in the whole of iGaming and is extremely rare outside of gaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    You might then appreciate the work the guys who create these shortlists and winners put in.
    I’m not going to volunteer and work for free. However, I think it is perfectly fine to criticize these awards when people try to refer to them as something with authority. I will for sure not appreciate the work that Betsson and other rogue affiliate program puts in when they steal the commission from hard working affiliates.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    3) Everyone else that doesn't like the shortlists - In all the years I have been in the sector there is one thing that is true and that is your fav program is subjective based on your experiences and therefore its tough for you to simple criticise as obviously some people do rate these programs... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY step up and become a judge, have your opinion matter!
    It is true that rankings are subjective, but there should be some kind of criteria that blocks thieves, criminals and scammers from being nominated for best affiliate program. It is not fair to give unkowing affiliates/new affiliates the impression that some of these brands are even close to being good. It should be impossible for some of the brands to pass a vetting process. 


    It is also sad to see that this is how a brand can get nominated:

    Hi , hope you are well. I wanted to see if you could nominate XX as the best affiliate program for the upcoming IGB awards? http://www.igbaffiliate.com/awards/igb-affiliate-awards Thanks, YY


    I have never promoted them. I haven’t even talked to them since 2014, yet they thought that I would want to nominate them to best affiliate program? 


    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    
1) Tehsik - Why nice one Wonderpunter??? Of the whole list he criticised it was one of the biggest casino affiliates in the market and its the first year they have made it because of the new and improved judging system. I know you will say but its a PPC affiliate etc. etc..... Fact is its a bit more complicated than simply getting a campaign running and that is what makes them truly successful

    They are listed under the best website. I can think of at least 100 websites that are better no matter which subjective criteria you use. They shouln’t be listed under best website if they don’t have a good website. I don’t doubt that they are great at what they do (PPC is more complicated than some seem to believe), but there should be other categories than ”best website” if the affiliate is being judged on something else.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to UTG For This Useful Post:

    wonderpunter (29 November 2016)

  13. #28
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Its called best website only because we made that change after affiliates said they wanted to use the badge on the site but didn't want to say they were an affiliate as such as it didn't make sense to players... so it was changed to "website" to help affiliates out with their marketing

    Cheers
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  14. #29
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,193
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,694 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    Its called best website only because we made that change after affiliates said they wanted to use the badge on the site but didn't want to say they were an affiliate as such as it didn't make sense to players... so it was changed to "website" to help affiliates out with their marketing

    Cheers
    That's the only point you're going to respond to, Alex?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •