Originally Posted by
ElaineGardiner
I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd chip my 2 cents in...
The spam from AMs is like all those Viagra emails, if you send enough of them you'll get a reply at some point and it's easier to send 1000 emails bcc'd than it is to take time to review an affiliates website and find out where you'll be a good fit for the brand. But in this game it has to be quality over quantity.
While acquisition is part of the job it doesn't mean it always need to be done by pushy tactics done via email. Personally for me I work hard with our current affiliates, I fix any issues they have straight away, I'm always available, I’m on the forums and ensure that our program has fair terms and conditions and IF and WHEN an affiliate is looking for a new program, one of our affiliate will refer them or they'll come to us....and then you know that affiliate WANTS to work with you and will be more valuable than the 10 small affiliates you pushed to sign up via thousands of spam.
To reiterate Renee's previous post - we also get AM's emailing us.....to send them traffic,. Its these guys / gals that clearly have no idea what we do, haven't checked any sites etc which really pull the rest of us down.