The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 886 Posts

Default Jamie Gold launches legal U.S. poker site

Jamie Gold, the controversial 2006 WSOP Main Event champion, has mostly stayed out of the public eye since his historic $12 million win. Gold is back in the news now following the announcement that he launched his own site, FreeGoldPoker.com, which will be hosted on the ZEN Entertainment Network.

Unlike subscription-based poker sites, FreeGoldPoker.com is completely free to play. It will be supported by sponsorship and advertising revenue, and the site will accept U.S. residents.

A press release is below:

HOLLYWOOD, California -- (PRESS RELEASE) -- Jamie Gold proudly announces the launch of www.FreeGoldPoker.com!!! The 2006 WSOP Main Event Champion has launched his own free poker site, to be hosted on the ZEN Entertainment Network. Prize pools totaling $100,000 will be awarded to players who play on the site each month.

Jamie Gold, also known as the “Poker Philanthropist,” is thrilled about the launch. “This is an amazing opportunity for me to create a fun, accessible and unique experience for the poker community. As importantly, I will be able to continue to accomplish meaningful, vital and life-changing charitable goals with the additional support and commitment of the ZEN platform. It will also provide my dedicated partners a platform beyond anything I could have imagined as we are now able to create targeted demographic promotions.”

“After Black Friday and all the negativity surrounding online poker, I asked myself what I could do to help our community enjoy playing a game they love legally while at the same time elevate awareness about the fantastic brands and amazing charitable opportunities I come into contact with on a daily basis,” Gold noted. “Creating FreeGoldPoker.com was the clear answer.”

“In the weeks to come, Jamie will be announcing a series of endorsement deals and charity partnerships which will be integrated into the promotions and events on FreeGoldPoker,” said Randy Kasper of Poker Players International (www.ppipoker.com), Jamie’s agent.

“We’ll be launching contests for such things as logo design and other unique fan experiences on www.JamieGold.com to go hand in hand with Jamie’s site on ZEN. He will be able to connect to the Poker community and the world in his own unique way,” added Matthew Spurr, CEO of PokerFacePR, the developer/digital media firm working with Gold.

To sign up and play individuals will go to www.FreeGoldPoker.com.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

Vrindavan (2 September 2011)

ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Maybe he should have spent some of that $12 million on the design and domain (if he had any intentions of doing this seriously).

12 month prediction - Fail!
    Last edited by ck8795; 30 August 2011 at 7:51 pm.

GFPC is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

Yeah i agree Kaus. The whole idea of subscription poker or free poker is just not a money maker in my opinion. Plus he is really a nobodywhen you come to think about it.

Chips is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 885 Posts

Looks like a 3rd grader did the website. Poor is an understatement. The subscription plan has been tried so many times over the past several years and never took off. I think 12 months of life is a long shot. No one really gives a rip about Gold anyway. Some Elance designer no doubt got rich on this job.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

emipoker is offline New Member
    Thanks

Ok, it looks bad but I think it's still a good move. What better way of creating a data base and sell it the day poker becomes legal?

AndyBonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I see the affiliate program is a bit vague:

4.) Make $$$ Each Month off Your Registrations as Long as They Stay Active