Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,330 Posts

Default JOB/Uffiliates Migration & Reduced Commissions

Just got around to sorting out my joy of bingo to uffiliates migration and noticed the commission rates have significantly changed (for the worse).

Old rates (rev based):

1 to 5,000 - 25%
    5,001 to 15,000 - 30%
    15,001 to 35,000 - 35%
    35,001 to 55,000 - 40%
    55,001 to 75,000 - 45%
    75,000+ - 50%

New Rates (RMP based):

0 to 20 - 20.00%
    21 to 30 - 25%
    31 to 40 - 30%
    40+ - 35%

So now we need to send at least 20 RMP's to get the same revenue we got with JOB, and they've cut off anything above 35%.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Thanks

When POC hits, chances are it'll get worse before it gets better Matt

lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Thanks

You should work with better programs (that offer stands)

-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

I didn't see this thread til just now. There's a whole lot more that changes as a result of the JOB migration as well. For the record, I was very upset when I saw the differences. The changes apparently upset our manager as well. He "seemed" unaware of how very different the terms from JOB were to Uffiliates.

Have a firm discussion with your affiliate manager about the changes. We've found them willing and able to work with us.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

ocreditor (7 October 2014)

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,954 Times in 5,018 Posts

That's good to know Shay, and I sincerely hope some of you will get decent deals worked out....but....

If the terms of service in writing and the "standard" deals that all affiliates are offered are NOT fair (especially to small affiliates) I will recommend to most affiliates to NOT work with them.

Rick
    Universal4

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (6 October 2014), ocreditor (7 October 2014)

ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,675 Times in 2,273 Posts

Joining your recommendation Rick, these changes are a joke !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    I didn't see this thread til just now. There's a whole lot more that changes as a result of the JOB migration as well. For the record, I was very upset when I saw the differences. The changes apparently upset our manager as well. He "seemed" unaware of how very different the terms from JOB were to Uffiliates.

Have a firm discussion with your affiliate manager about the changes. We've found them willing and able to work with us.
    Yeah tbh they did offer me a better deal... problem is I only have the on the backburner atm and to get the bigger percentage requires increasing their coverage.

As Rick said, I prefer pushing programs where the 'standard' deal is fair as it is - you never know what'll happen in the future with your deal/traffic etc...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

universal4 (7 October 2014)

Gamer is offline Public Member
    Thanks

888 have deep pockets, acquiring everything that move in the bingo world
    Was the same story with Ladies Bingo, before.
    How about their existing brands like 888 Ladies and 888 Bingo?
    Any changes in their T&C ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    888 have deep pockets, acquiring everything that move in the bingo world
    Was the same story with Ladies Bingo, before.
    How about their existing brands like 888 Ladies and 888 Bingo?
    Any changes in their T&C ?
    The "Joy of Bingo" brands (Wink Bingo, Posh Bingo, Tasty Bingo, Bingo Street, Big Brother, and Red Bus Bingo) are the only ones (I know of) that experienced a change in terms and conditions. This is a result of the migration off the Joy of Bingo platform onto the Uffiliates system. I never had the option of offering 888 Ladies or 888 bingo through Joy of Bingo, so for me, those terms have not changed.

As I've mentioned, I was extremely upset to discover (after the fact) all the differences between the standard terms at JOB and the standard agreement at Uffiliates. I'm also not a fan of how the system works at Uffiliates, but that's another post on another day.

I do urge everyone who now finds themselves working with Uffiliates from the Joy of Bingo migration to go over the Uffiliates terms with a fine toothed comb compared to the original Joy of Bingo terms, as there are many differences. When you have uncovered the differences, decide if you're comfortable with them (we were not). Then, open a dialogue with your affiliate manager - cite the changes and tell your AM what you want. They do have some flexibility, so be sure to open a dialogue with them (and get any changes in writing).

Thanks

I do urge everyone who now finds themselves working with Uffiliates from the Joy of Bingo migration to go over the Uffiliates terms with a fine toothed comb compared to the original Joy of Bingo terms, as there are many differences. When you have uncovered the differences, decide if you're comfortable with them (we were not). Then, open a dialogue with your affiliate manager - cite the changes and tell your AM what you want. They do have some flexibility, so be sure to open a dialogue with them (and get any changes in writing).
    Can you be more specific as to what else they've snuck in?

Gamer is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Shy
    "I'm also not a fan of how the system works at Uffiliates, but that's another post on another day."
    I do not know any person that is a fan of Uffiliates system, around the world. It's really obsolete and "old-fashioned" reporting system that many people just do not trust. I really do not understand why they are reluctant for years, to change this situation.
    Perhaps, the system is "in favour" of the owner. Who knows!? No one is going to explain that for affiliates!
    Although, I do promote Uffiliates brands but never expected any good results. They just do not convert well for me. I really do not why.
    p.s.
    By the way, I am just curious what are t&c (of "Joy of Bingo" brands) offered to the existing Uffiliates affiliates!?
    Have to check it in my account, later on.

Thanks

Joy of Bingo terms and conditions

Uffiliates terms and conditions

The Uffiliates terms are the ones that are offered after the migration. The Joy of Bingo terms were the ones that were in effect prior to the migration.

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

I also got an email from an affiliate manager offering me a 'better commission' rate for improved coverage.

Typical affiliate industry bullshit. Take it away from us and then offer us the same deal as previously but for increased coverage. It's very tiresome. I've not had much joy with 888 Sport or bingo so far, low customer value and they don't seem to continue to play for a long time. So I'm gona have to leave my accounts at the default affiliate percentage cos I'm not giving crap programs (that reduce your % without telling you) extra coverage, EVER.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

universal4 (8 October 2014)

PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Not only the T&Cs are worse, but the software is worse. I told them this when they first raised the move and have done so on many occasions since. Even simple stuff like figures in US$ - WTF???

What a lot of affiliate managers (and companies) fail to grasp is that affiliates have a multitude of choices of who to work with.

If you or your system are **** and a PITA then we'll just ignore you.

Affiliates will gravitate towards brands that are the easiest to use (why should I have to do a currency conversion?), have the easiest to use features (you try finding your way round Uffiliates.....) and offer proper reporting systems (show me how much I've earnt is a pre-requisite UA FFS).

JoB was fine. UA is ****. Guess what we'll be doing........

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (29 October 2014), Madabout Media (30 October 2014), suffolkpoker (3 November 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whichbingo View Post
    Not only the T&Cs are worse, but the software is worse. I told them this when they first raised the move and have done so on many occasions since. Even simple stuff like figures in US$ - WTF???

What a lot of affiliate managers (and companies) fail to grasp is that affiliates have a multitude of choices of who to work with.

If you or your system are **** and a PITA then we'll just ignore you.

Affiliates will gravitate towards brands that are the easiest to use (why should I have to do a currency conversion?), have the easiest to use features (you try finding your way round Uffiliates.....) and offer proper reporting systems (show me how much I've earnt is a pre-requisite UA FFS).

JoB was fine. UA is ****. Guess what we'll be doing........

Phil, I totally agree that their software is horrible. New players disappear and they claimed the glitch (at JoB) was in the payment calculation/processing. Yet, here we are in the first whole month with the "better" system that there's been a payment glitch (for us).

For us, I think they're going on the **** list until they get their act together.

Thanks

This month, over 30% of my new players have simply "disappeared" from the Uffiliates system.

I understand they have different columns in their report --- specifically "Leads" and "Real Money Players". The difference between the two (from what I can understand) is that Leads are new depositing players and Real Money Players have passed verification.

The claim being made by our affiliate manager when asked about these disappearing players is that they have been flagged for some sort of fraud. If this were the case, one would think they'd be backed out of the "Real Money Players" and show only as a lead (and perhaps a charge back). Instead, these players straight up disappear from existence in the system with no footnote, no evidence, no discussion, and no explaination.

This is not a way that I'm able to work --- even if we were at 100% rev share.

Final notice --- get your **** together

22. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

ocreditor (3 November 2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow shay, thanks for sharing this. amazing this **** actually happened....

Did they tell you if this glitch happened only with your account or also other account ?
    Is this connected to the problem with the payment ?

Since I know my self I always suspicious, about almost any program because I know **** like this can happened

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    Wow shay, thanks for sharing this. amazing this **** actually happened....

Did they tell you if this glitch happened only with your account or also other account ?
    Is this connected to the problem with the payment ?

Since I know my self I always suspicious, about almost any program because I know **** like this can happened
    They did not say whether others were paid or not and they maintain that the players were removed (without any evidence of ever being in the system mind you) due to some sort of fraud. Which again, I understand that some players may be flagged for whatever - but my personal belief is that there should be a "paper trail" showing their removal.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

ocreditor (3 November 2014), suffolkpoker (3 November 2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They did not say whether others were paid or not and they maintain that the players were removed (without any evidence of ever being in the system mind you) due to some sort of fraud. Which again, I understand that some players may be flagged for whatever - but my personal belief is that there should be a "paper trail" showing their removal.
    What I still not understand is that if they confirm this glitch where players removed due to a fraud flag or whatever, why they can't
    send any update and explain why 30% of the players erased from the account. Only thinking about this is shocking.
    How is this connected to payments... its a shame.

Anything done in affiliate account the affiliate must know about this first (I'm not sure here if they told you or you find it out yourself...)

Did they say anything about why this was happened ? why 30% flagged fraud ?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (3 November 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    What I still not understand is that if they confirm this glitch where players removed due to a fraud flag or whatever, why they can't
    send any update and explain why 30% of the players erased from the account. Only thinking about this is shocking.
    How is this connected to payments... its a shame.

Anything done in affiliate account the affiliate must know about this first (I'm not sure here if they told you or you find it out yourself...)

Did they say anything about why this was happened ? why 30% flagged fraud ?
    I've gathered that the payment glitch is different from the flagging of these players for fraud of some sort.

As for how we found out - when we start with a new brand/company or if something changes, we monitor the stats very closely. When uffiliates switched from Joy of Bingo, we monitored to ensure all was "right" in the switch. Additionally, we'd check throughout the day to see activity. When checking, I noticed that we'd be credited with a few new players and I'd make a mental note of the number of new players this month and the earnings reported.

Then, I logged in later in the day and noticed the numbers were less on both totals (less new players on the month and less earnings). At first, I thought I was imagining things --- then I started recording the figures and sure enough, it was not my imagination.

when we asked our AM, he generically claims "fraud or incomplete player details" and won't elaborate further, citing he is not allowed to reveal the reasons. If I were to take a very educated guess - I'm guessing that the system "erases" credit for new players who already have an account with other "Joy of Bingo brands". There's a ridiculous term that states affiliates won't be credited for players who already have an account with another of their brands. Thus, if a visitor comes to your site looking for a suggestion of where to play --- and they decide Wink Bingo based on your suggestion --- and they play there loyally for months & then they come back to your portal --- decide they liked your advice the first time and this time they decide to play at Red Bus Bingo because you suggested it ---- you, as an affiliate are not credited with their activity. That is what I think is happening, as the system is removing these players after the fact. We have a lot of "regulars" who visit our website.

I could be wrong, but the AM is unwilling to provide details. In my opinion, if something appears in my report, if it is removed or modified, there needs to be documentation of such things --- not just deleted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast