Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 124 Times in 91 Posts

    Default Ladbrokes/Coral Off Of Oddschecker

    GVC Holdings is doing a little housecleaning, especially at its properties in the U.K. BETDAQ, Coral and Ladbrokes are expected to be reviewed more closely in order to curtail unnecessary expenses, and the restructuring process has already begun. According to an announcement issued by GVC, the gaming operator is parting ways with affiliate marketing company Oddschecker as of today.

    The decision was made, in part, over the company’s desire to trim excess expenses, but also because it apparently couldn’t reach an amicable pricing strategy with Oddschecker when it came time to renew the agreement. GVC said in a statement, “We would like to wish Oddschecker the best of luck and thank them for the positive relationship we’ve enjoyed over the years we’ve worked together. Sadly, we couldn’t agree commercial terms to renew the relationship, so as of the 9th July our U.K. Digital Brands will no longer feature on the service.”

    GVC is probably also looking at the bigger picture and considering the fallout that’s coming from a shift to how gambling is managed in the U.K. Regulators and lawmakers in the country are cracking down on virtually anything and anyone tied to the industry, and more controls are expected to be put in place. Ultimately, especially on the heels of the coronavirus pandemic, that means reduced revenue for everyone.

    Oddschecker still has a lot of support and, while it will feel the sting, should be able to bounce back with relative ease. The entity is an asset belonging to Flutter Entertainment and has a global footprint that includes several high-profile clients. The company’s CEO, Toby Bentall, issued a statement in response to the breakup, explaining, “It’s disappointing to no longer be working with Ladbrokes, Coral and Betdaq. However, Oddschecker needs to maintain a careful balance between serving its users with the best odds and offers whilst ensuring its business relationships are of sufficient commercial viability to allow investment in the market-leading products and technology expected of the U.K.’s number one odds comparison site. Oddschecker sincerely hopes to work with Ladbrokes, Coral and Betdaq again in the future.”
    Full article here

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (9 July 2020), PromoteCasino (9 July 2020), The Buzz (9 July 2020)

  3. #2
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Very interesting move, for a couple of reasons. 1, and the most worrying, could this be the start of them clearing house of all affiliates and starting again? we've seen it before.
    2, will we be seeing a push back from other companies with oddschecker? obviously I won't mention names but speaking to a affiliate manager at one of the big bookies a few years back, and he said something along the lines of, "I don't know why we bother with them as we just give them a lump of money each month and don't make anything back, we just have to be on there because everyone else is". He was referring to them sending lots of customers but they were shrewd as you'd probably expect.

    Side note, had no idea oddschecker was now owned by flutter either

  4. #3
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 556 Times in 328 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bingoreviews View Post

    Side note, had no idea oddschecker was now owned by flutter either
    Oddscheker was bought by Sky in 2007 and then became part of the stars group and now flutter since the merger between those two.

    I guess GVC don't want to rely so much on a site run by their biggest competitor.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (9 July 2020), Tex Holdem Questions (9 July 2020), vardan (9 July 2020)

  6. #4
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 124 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bingoreviews View Post
    2, will we be seeing a push back from other companies with oddschecker? obviously I won't mention names but speaking to a affiliate manager at one of the big bookies a few years back, and he said something along the lines of, "I don't know why we bother with them as we just give them a lump of money each month and don't make anything back, we just have to be on there because everyone else is". He was referring to them sending lots of customers but they were shrewd as you'd probably expect.
    I've got a vague recollection that Ladbrokes (pre-GVC) came off of Oddschecker once before and were then back on there within a matter of days, regardless of the commercials perhaps these brands suffer more from an 'out of sight, out of mind' mentality from punters and turnover suffers as a result.

  7. #5
    Lee1 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    The price for what they payed, and for what they got in return was a driving factor I'd imagine.

  8. #6
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    Oddscheker was bought by Sky in 2007 and then became part of the stars group and now flutter since the merger between those two.

    I guess GVC don't want to rely so much on a site run by their biggest competitor.
    yes know all about those mergers but didn't realise Sky sold oddschecker as well as skybet

  9. #7
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    yeah, I was thinking that when I was replying this morning. can't remember how long ago it was exactly but it was a good few years back

    EDIT - This was in reply to newcustomeroffer

  10. #8
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 556 Times in 328 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bingoreviews View Post
    yes know all about those mergers but didn't realise Sky sold oddschecker as well as skybet
    Sky never sold it, CVC bought 80% of Sky betting and gaming in 2015 and oddschecker was included in that. It then moved to stars ownership when they bought Sky in 2018 and now Flutter/Stars since the merger. It has never been sold as such it has just gone from sky to cvc to stars to flutter/stars.

  11. #9
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    Sky never sold it, CVC bought 80% of Sky betting and gaming in 2015 and oddschecker was included in that. It then moved to stars ownership when they bought Sky in 2018 and now Flutter/Stars since the merger. It has never been sold as such it has just gone from sky to cvc to stars to flutter/stars.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •