Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    FreeBetsPage's Avatar
    FreeBetsPage is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Angry Ladbrokes Partners

    Hi Everyone, I would just like to see what you all think of my recent experience with Ladbrokes Partners, all opinions are welcome.

    About 12 months ago The Ladbrokes guys sent over a Link for 20 Free Spins, so I put i advertised it on my website and social media, when you clicked on the link it went to a Ladbrokes landing page telling the customer to put 20FREESPINS promo code in, sounds simple.

    My girlfriend who is a seperate affiliate and website got the same deal 20 Free Spins link going to a Landling page telling cutomer to put in the 20FREESPINS promo code

    In April i personally recommended a friend to sign up to ladbrokes casino, signed up through the link at my website, they entered promo code - the next day I contacted Ladbrokes as the player did not track, they said It was tracked to another affiliate

    The manager at Ladbrokes has just confirmed to me in writing that the 20FREESPINS promo code is for another affiliate, I dont understand why were we 2 seperate affiliates given the landing page with another affiliates promo code on it and my account manager confirmed a promo code out does a tracking link.

    The main manager said he was investigating and would get back to me but that was 2 weeks ago.

    What do you all think of that, do you think its an innocent mistake for it to happen twice, or is there something else going on, is there anyone high up at Ladbrokes i can complain too or even go to the office of fair trading or should i just stop promoting learn a lesson and move on

  2. #2
    LeahT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    That's terrible it looks like they know the other affiliate ...probably a family member , Makes you think

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeahT For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 May 2016)

  4. #3
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    2,000
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    What should it has to do with the promo code? I suppose they track instead of look which promocode is used...

    My experience with Ladbrokes is that they're annoying and do not convert. Having a deal with them, they behave like they think they run my site. Almost every day bothering at Skype to place banner here, a banner there, traffic this, traffic that, top position here and top position there. In the end they did not convert and I didn't bother fo find out if it was because they're affiliate software doesn't work or because their product is just too average.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 May 2016), Scampi (14 May 2016)

  6. #4
    FreeBetsPage's Avatar
    FreeBetsPage is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    No we pay for advertising to get players to our site, the player clicks our link and another affiliate get the player, never heard anything like it, my Ladbrokes account manager said when i wanted an explanation "They came through a promo code which supersedes the affiliate tracking link"

  7. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,183
    Thanks
    1,901
    Thanked 4,125 Times in 1,958 Posts

    Default

    Given the information you've provided it seems that you've effectively been sending customers to a page that recruits players for another affiliate.

    Whether it was a deliberate move, or an error by the Affiliate Manager who did not know that "PROMO codes supersede affilate tracking links" irt's impossible to tell.

  8. #6
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    2,000
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBetsPage View Post
    No we pay for advertising to get players to our site, the player clicks our link and another affiliate get the player, never heard anything like it, my Ladbrokes account manager said when i wanted an explanation "They came through a promo code which supersedes the affiliate tracking link"
    That affiliate manager is telling you bullshit. It doesn't surprise me. The junior joker clowns working at companies like Ladbrokes really don't know what is going on. Perhaps better ask him if you can talk with a more senior affiliate manager.

  9. #7
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 314 Times in 181 Posts

    Default

    Could it be something like an older cookie from a different affiliate?

  10. #8
    FreeBetsPage's Avatar
    FreeBetsPage is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    No the affiliate manager gave me the link and the link tells customers to enter the Promocode - now hes telling me promo code is exclusive for another affiliate - total **** up

  11. #9
    FreeBetsPage's Avatar
    FreeBetsPage is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Yeah the affiliate manager sent us the link and the landing page tells customers to enter a promo code exclusive for another affiliate, total balls up,

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeBetsPage For This Useful Post:

    Scampi (15 May 2016)

  13. #10
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,060
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBetsPage View Post
    Yeah the affiliate manager sent us the link and the landing page tells customers to enter a promo code exclusive for another affiliate, total balls up,
    If this was an honest mistake by the affiliate manager - then it would not be unreasonable for him to make you a one-off payment to "make things right" in addition to correcting the promo code error so that you're not promo-ing your traffic out to another affiliate anymore.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    sunsation72 (18 May 2016)

  15. #11
    FreeBetsPage's Avatar
    FreeBetsPage is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    If this was an honest mistake by the affiliate manager - then it would not be unreasonable for him to make you a one-off payment to "make things right" in addition to correcting the promo code error so that you're not promo-ing your traffic out to another affiliate anymore.

    We have a great relationship with Sky, why do you say they are theives, just started promoting BGO, whats the problem with theses guys?

  16. #12
    fbg
    fbg is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi, I've had similar problems with ladbrokes. I asked my manager for a certain casino link and after promoting it for that month I messaged him again saying are u sure this is my links as getting no sign ups? He emailed back saying no was a friend of mines link he gave me instead and i'd lost 35 sign ups from it looking on his stats. He said could not get the players back, gave me the new link and yesterday I emailed new manager asking if links were correct and he said no none of them were tracking so he either gave me a mate of his links making him and the company corrupt or stupid. I had no sorry or anything, I'd been promoting it for a while and would of lost a lot of players with no message of any compensation.

  17. #13
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,060
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBetsPage View Post
    We have a great relationship with Sky, why do you say they are theives, just started promoting BGO, whats the problem with theses guys?
    Click the links in my footer. It says all...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Doolally (18 May 2016)

  19. #14
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,060
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fbg View Post
    Hi, I've had similar problems with ladbrokes. I asked my manager for a certain casino link and after promoting it for that month I messaged him again saying are u sure this is my links as getting no sign ups? He emailed back saying no was a friend of mines link he gave me instead and i'd lost 35 sign ups from it looking on his stats. He said could not get the players back, gave me the new link and yesterday I emailed new manager asking if links were correct and he said no none of them were tracking so he either gave me a mate of his links making him and the company corrupt or stupid. I had no sorry or anything, I'd been promoting it for a while and would of lost a lot of players with no message of any compensation.
    This sounds shady to me.

  20. #15
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    756
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 374 Times in 262 Posts

    Default

    Had a flick through the T&Cs and can't see anything that might alert you to this situation.

    http://www.ladbrokespartners.com/faq/#toggle-id-3

    When you join us you will receive a unique ID number for every website registered to your account. We use this ID number to generate tracking codes for links you place on your site, in order to analyse your customers’ online behaviour and clicks. If your customers register and make a deposit on any of our products, you’ll earn a commission payment every time they play and generate a profit.
    If there's scope for 'your customer' to be superseded by the use of a bonus code the perhaps this description of how the program works could do with a tweak.

  21. #16
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 340 Times in 208 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fbg View Post
    Hi, I've had similar problems with ladbrokes. I asked my manager for a certain casino link and after promoting it for that month I messaged him again saying are u sure this is my links as getting no sign ups? He emailed back saying no was a friend of mines link he gave me instead and i'd lost 35 sign ups from it looking on his stats. He said could not get the players back, gave me the new link and yesterday I emailed new manager asking if links were correct and he said no none of them were tracking so he either gave me a mate of his links making him and the company corrupt or stupid. I had no sorry or anything, I'd been promoting it for a while and would of lost a lot of players with no message of any compensation.
    why would you continue to promote them if this happened? demand compensation for the 35 players or stop working with them!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to JackTenSuited For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (18 May 2016)

  23. #17
    fbg
    fbg is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    why would you continue to promote them if this happened? demand compensation for the 35 players or stop working with them!
    Ive emailed them says big I should be entitled for compensation for loss of earnings and future played I signed up that never attached. I'm waiting to hear back, if he says no should I ask for a senior email to talk to?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •