Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    TheBoyMitchell is offline Private Member
    Thanks

If you really do think Ladbrokes are going to close their Aff Program it might be prudent to take out Business Insurance that will protect you from losses before it happens.

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,123 Times in 1,731 Posts

How will it protect us? They slashed my revenue by 5-10x after they stole a lot. Other people have their accounts closed, or they are not paid already. The program is in reality dead even now. Who will insure this?
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

JamieG1981 is online now Public Member
    Thanks

I can't see them closing the affiliate programme, they are currently going through the process of updating their API for affiliates.

Makes no sense to go through this process otherwise, I can see all the GVC brands coming under one roof soon with all the affiliate managers being based in 1 location rather than scattered all over the place.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,287 Posts

Since we deal with the Belgian team instead of the TLV team communication goes better and it's very workable all. Payments are going well too. If there's something, I get an answer quickly. And no pushy guys asking almost daily for more exposure.

However, retention remains very poor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    How will it protect us? They slashed my revenue by 5-10x after they stole a lot. Other people have their accounts closed, or they are not paid already. The program is in reality dead even now. Who will insure this?
    In the UK you can take out Business Insurance that will protect you in events of contract dispute. The insurance company will pay your fees to take the company to court whilst you argue about your lifetime revenue guarantee.

Really wish I'd done it before Skybet did me for a couple of million. Once bitten twice shy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoyMitchell For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (17 April 2019)

Thanks

But who will insure you if you when the market is so much ****** up? Are they so stupid? And the problem with Ladbrokes for many is that they do not screw you in a transparent way (like Skybet did the mistake). You just see near zero stats like at WillHill. Then you can start suing the insurance company, because they will argue the business is going on.

labslots is offline New Member
    Thanks

Thank you so much, Sherlock! It is in some way good to know that we aren't the only one being ignored. We will try contacting the email address you shared. Again, many thanks for your help!

12Xpert is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG1981 View Post
    I can't see them closing the affiliate programme, they are currently going through the process of updating their API for affiliates.

Makes no sense to go through this process otherwise, I can see all the GVC brands coming under one roof soon with all the affiliate managers being based in 1 location rather than scattered all over the place.

Oh, they will be closing, that I am sure of. Otherwise why would they refuse to talk to both new affiliates wanting to join and existing affiliates complaining about tracking?

Who says they're updating their API? Is that what they've told you? I'm sure I can dig out exactly the same rubbish they told me a year or two ago. The major odds comparisons eventually gave up waiting.

This is a dogshot brand now that couldn't care less about its affiliate programme for UK affiliates. They are saturating the UK TV with their nasty adverts, so clearly have put all their eggs in that basket. This is probably being driven by GVC. Perhaps after it's closed, they will come back some months later with a new one, but no old referrals will be retained.

If I had the means, I would sue them and win, but they behave this way because they know it's almost certain no one will have the balls to test them in court.

JamieG1981 is online now Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 12Xpert View Post
    Oh, they will be closing, that I am sure of. Otherwise why would they refuse to talk to both new affiliates wanting to join and existing affiliates complaining about tracking?

Who says they're updating their API? Is that what they've told you? I'm sure I can dig out exactly the same rubbish they told me a year or two ago. The major odds comparisons eventually gave up waiting.

This is a dogshot brand now that couldn't care less about its affiliate programme for UK affiliates. They are saturating the UK TV with their nasty adverts, so clearly have put all their eggs in that basket. This is probably being driven by GVC. Perhaps after it's closed, they will come back some months later with a new one, but no old referrals will be retained.

If I had the means, I would sue them and win, but they behave this way because they know it's almost certain no one will have the balls to test them in court.
    They are updating their API to merge the Coral and Ladbrokes brands, this has been ongoing for months for affiliates who have access to the old API.

Thanks

Yes, months, like everything else they do takes months. They are either ******* idiots or devious scum running the programme, it's got to be one or the other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 12Xpert View Post
    They are saturating the UK TV with their nasty adverts, so clearly have put all their eggs in that basket. This is probably being driven by GVC.
    Or maybe not....

"
    GVC Holdings today called for a total ban on all televised UK sports betting adverts, insisting the imminent whistle-to-whistle ad ban does “not go far enough”.
    The London-listed operator has requested a ban for all sports betting ads on TV at any time of day, including on both live and repeated sporting events, with horseracing the only exemption.
    Under the new proposals published by GVC CEO Kenny Alexander, adverts specifically promoting responsible gambling campaigns would be permitted – but limited to just one per ad break.
    Alexander has asked the industry to go one step further than the already-agreed whistle-to-whistle ad ban which comes into play on live sporting events from August 2019.
    As well as the advertising ban, GVC has also committed to ending all of its sponsorship deals with UK football clubs “to allow fans to watch their favourite teams without seeing incentives to bet”.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoyMitchell For This Useful Post:

allaboutthebets (25 April 2019)

allaboutthebets is online now Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyMitchell View Post
    Or maybe not....

"
    GVC Holdings today called for a total ban on all televised UK sports betting adverts, insisting the imminent whistle-to-whistle ad ban does “not go far enough”.
    The London-listed operator has requested a ban for all sports betting ads on TV at any time of day, including on both live and repeated sporting events, with horseracing the only exemption.
    Under the new proposals published by GVC CEO Kenny Alexander, adverts specifically promoting responsible gambling campaigns would be permitted – but limited to just one per ad break.
    Alexander has asked the industry to go one step further than the already-agreed whistle-to-whistle ad ban which comes into play on live sporting events from August 2019.
    As well as the advertising ban, GVC has also committed to ending all of its sponsorship deals with UK football clubs “to allow fans to watch their favourite teams without seeing incentives to bet”.
    Just seen that too. Can only be good news for affiliates in a way
    bettingworx.com - latest betting app reviews & guides for Android, iOS & mobile.
    androidbettingappguide.co.uk - Reviews, download guides & info for betting apps on Android devices
    bettingapps365com - Dedicated Android app store for all gambling apps
    bingoappguide.co.uk - Reviews & guides for all real money bingo apps
    appsdeapuestas.es | app-scommesse.com | pokerappguide.com | gamble-usa.com

seoheroes is offline Private Member
    Thanks

lets wait and see what it brings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutthebets View Post
    Just seen that too. Can only be good news for affiliates in a way
    No. It will be just more restrictions for us.

If gvc wants this they do not demand it for public good. It is more like Zuck demanding strict regulation of social networks. Both markets (social networks; uk gambling) are saturated so it is for their good. They are clearly losing to their competitors like bet365 or Paddy in sports. So they can pretend they are socially responsible.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (26 April 2019), tufty (1 May 2019)

AbbyKiko is offline Public Member
    Thanks

The problem with all this is coming from Gib... Payment delays and everything else.

I think for all of us best to wait and see what happens and where they move the staff. But, from looking online they are hiring in London for the TLV positions.

Thanks

I think Sherlock is right. They are positioning themselves to look socially responsible. This will create the opportunity like Skybet did to close their affiliate programme, when really the real reason is money and takeover by a group that wants to do some economic pruning. If they can get others to agree to less advertising it's a way of levelling the playing field, so clearly it's an admission that they are failing to compete with bet365 and Paddy-Betfair. The idea that a bookmaker genuinely wants to have less advertising, and by extension less turnover is practically akin to a shareholder demanding that the company they are invested in willingly pays more tax because it's the right thing to do. Give me a break, this is just more obfuscation from GVC, something Ladbrokes are experts in.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 12Xpert For This Useful Post:

Sherlock (1 May 2019), tufty (1 May 2019)

tufty is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I dont think everyone posting in this thread has read all this thread. Ladbrokes have already de-tagged most of your players! Haven't you noticed earnings shrink from thousands a month to pennies?! All old players stolen. GVC has a history of being corrupt. Don't blame it all on the typical incompetence and corruption of an Israeli-based affiliate program. GVC have used those employees to do this dirty work. The one thing GVC is not, is socially responsible. It is all about money, money, money. Affiliates have already been conned, had accounts closed, those still live have had all their meaningful players de-tagged at Ladbrokes. Only a matter of time before the Coral brand goes the same way. You can not trust GVC and if any affiliate still plans to build part of their future earnings off the back of any GVC brand then there is a special place in the funny farm reserved for them. As they have stolen the referred players from Ladbrokes, it is easy to dump that brand. As they have yet to steal the players from Coral (but boy they suspiciously converted worst on Grand National day of all firms I promote), some affiliates are forced to promote them to protect their existing player base. GVC have stolen players and will continue to do so. GVC head Kenny Alexander is one of the oiliest, least honest, get-rich-quick scumbags in this entire business and that is saying something. I suppose it is irrelevant that he happens to be the ugliest too.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tufty For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (2 May 2019), RacingJim (2 May 2019), Sherlock (1 May 2019)

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    GVC head Kenny Alexander is one of the oiliest, least honest, get-rich-quick scumbags in this entire business and that is saying something. I suppose it is irrelevant that he happens to be the ugliest too.
    There are some absolutely disgusting people involved in the betting industry, but the same goes for alot of big businesses. They're not up there at the top of big companies because they played nicely, they got where they are because they have psychopathic personality traits! If you could imagine a stock image for 'disgusting fat cat' then I think Kenny Alexander's mugshot would have to be right up there.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (2 May 2019), Sherlock (2 May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    I dont think everyone posting in this thread has read all this thread. Ladbrokes have already de-tagged most of your players! Haven't you noticed earnings shrink from thousands a month to pennies?! All old players stolen. GVC has a history of being corrupt. Don't blame it all on the typical incompetence and corruption of an Israeli-based affiliate program. GVC have used those employees to do this dirty work. The one thing GVC is not, is socially responsible. It is all about money, money, money. Affiliates have already been conned, had accounts closed, those still live have had all their meaningful players de-tagged at Ladbrokes. Only a matter of time before the Coral brand goes the same way. You can not trust GVC and if any affiliate still plans to build part of their future earnings off the back of any GVC brand then there is a special place in the funny farm reserved for them. As they have stolen the referred players from Ladbrokes, it is easy to dump that brand. As they have yet to steal the players from Coral (but boy they suspiciously converted worst on Grand National day of all firms I promote), some affiliates are forced to promote them to protect their existing player base. GVC have stolen players and will continue to do so. GVC head Kenny Alexander is one of the oiliest, least honest, get-rich-quick scumbags in this entire business and that is saying something. I suppose it is irrelevant that he happens to be the ugliest too.
    The detagging of older players Ladbrokes say is an software error that they are trying to fix. Do you know different? Have you been told that this was policy?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 12Xpert For This Useful Post:

Sherlock (2 May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    There are some absolutely disgusting people involved in the betting industry, but the same goes for alot of big businesses. They're not up there at the top of big companies because they played nicely, they got where they are because they have psychopathic personality traits! If you could imagine a stock image for 'disgusting fat cat' then I think Kenny Alexander's mugshot would have to be right up there.
    Yes, this is normal and understandable. What puzzles me and what looks like perversion is why also sometimes - very rarely - there are not the sleazy scumbags on the top of companies. Coates for example. She looks exactly as a nice woman who is birthday cake seller I just met who did nice cake for grandma's my 90yrs birthday party. It just does not make sense. I just made above average invoice for bet365 for April.

There are isles of positive diversion in the ocean of feces. When I think the world is completely rotten, there is usually an example that does not allow me to give up completely. Always when I start to trust to someone, I am beaten badly. I see it that the most powerful people in business definitely have to make a choice how they behave in the ocean of feces. If they fight with it and it gives them strength or if they try to be the most smelly part of it and push it this way. All people who have business success and I talked to them in a way agree with this analogy and all of course think they are the white knights. Of course, that is just delusion, but they do exist.

Another thing is that I believe not just sleazy psychopathic scumbags have higher chance to become powerful; it works the other way as well. Power changes people and it brings the worst from us to the sunlight. The devil is inside of everybody. It is easy to target the dishonest politicians and CEOs from behind a pint of beer or doing a limited business without trying to change things. But to change the things one needs power and money and for that one must somehow swim in the smelly ocean and the circle is completed.

I despise more common people who blame people in power for everything than the sleazy scumbags, who at least tried but failed. Now I hope I will keep this mindset during the recent round of "solving problems" with GVC.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (2 May 2019), RacingJim (2 May 2019)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast