Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 389 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    You'll need to do one of these every few years. It's a simple process for me now, as I have all the required docs scanned and ready to go, for wheoever wants them. Its a cost of doing business in regulated markets unfortunatley, and as much as it bothers me, it's easier to do it than bust a blood vessel moaning about it.

    Unfortunately, we've been working with lots of programs that haven't required these up to now, so if you don't provide them you put at risk losing your player databases if you don't comply.

    Going forward it's easy to ask a new program whether they have these requirements - to be fair they all should if they are operating in regulated markets, KYC and money laundering checks are needed.

    And Yes, you can ask them for their documents if you need them. I wouldn't ask just for the sake of it as that could lead you down a rabbit hole that could see your account terminated.

    It's a thin line we tread with all this complainace stuff. in my opinion it's better to embrace it and comply. The other option is don't work with regulated casinos in regulated markets.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  2. #22
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,849
    Thanks
    2,056
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    They didn't give any reason to terminate the affiliate contract?

  3. #23
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 346 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post

    And Yes, you can ask them for their documents if you need them. I wouldn't ask just for the sake of it as that could lead you down a rabbit hole that could see your account terminated.
    They pay us...

  4. #24
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,849
    Thanks
    2,056
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post

    And Yes, you can ask them for their documents if you need them. I wouldn't ask just for the sake of it as that could lead you down a rabbit hole that could see your account terminated.
    Yes, you can ask them, but you simply don't get them. Like you say, they'd even consider it as annoying enough to close your account if you're keep asking.

    A bit weird. They're using some postbox company in the tropics to do their affiliate payments. Most affiliates have just a simply ltd or personal business in the country they're living.

  5. #25
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 697 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    If your company set up is simple like mine you can just download templates for a lot of this stuff or ask your accountant, they will be familiar with all of this and will be able to help you set them up. Once you have the docs you can then reuse them. The organisational chart can be done in paint if the structure is simple.

    It is a box ticking exercise for sure and not well adapted to small affiliate companies but you just have to put up with this now if you want to work with companies in regulated markets.

    We've also been asked for privacy policies, data protection policies, registers, social responsibility docs, anti-bribery and corruption docs, anti-slavery docs, etc. All way OTT for a company like mine but if you want to get paid you need to do it I'm afraid.

  6. #26
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 346 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    If your company set up is simple like mine you can just download templates for a lot of this stuff or ask your accountant, they will be familiar with all of this and will be able to help you set them up. Once you have the docs you can then reuse them. The organisational chart can be done in paint if the structure is simple.

    It is a box ticking exercise for sure and not well adapted to small affiliate companies but you just have to put up with this now if you want to work with companies in regulated markets.

    We've also been asked for privacy policies, data protection policies, registers, social responsibility docs, anti-bribery and corruption docs, anti-slavery docs, etc. All way OTT for a company like mine but if you want to get paid you need to do it I'm afraid.

    Missed my point, it has nothing to do whether it is simple to provide docs or not.

  7. #27
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 389 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affy View Post
    They pay us...
    That's correct, they do, and they are obligated by Eurorpean law to ensure that all partners they work with have had AML and KYC checks. They need to show they have not knowingly entered a contract with someone that may be involved in money laundering.
    Last edited by nwalker; 29 March 2022 at 9:01 am.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  8. #28
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 697 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affy View Post
    Missed my point, it has nothing to do whether it is simple to provide docs or not.
    As nwalker says they need to do it to comply with the law and as they are licensed in a regulated market they have to follow that law or they will lose the license. All of this comes from legal and compliance and I know aff manager and aff departments generally hate it all too.

    It is totally true that some programs use KYC & AML stuff to screw affiliates they don't want to pay but that isn't what I've found with LeoVegas. I've provided all of this in the past and they have continued to pay on time every month without issue.

  9. #29
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 426 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    People seem to be making their own version of events of what has happened here. I received this exact same email, they just terminated my account because "They Can". No other reason. Any affiliate platform that has requested documents from me, I have sent. And lets be honest here, they only request such documents so they can close accounts of people who don't / can't comply / don't understand. At the end of the day Leovegas are thieves and nothing more. Just because they are dressed up behind a company they are no better than people who go out burgling houses and stealing cars, in fact worse because they do it out of sheer greed and nothing else.

  10. #30
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 346 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Funny to see how affiliates defend Leovegas here but completely ignore the fact that Leovegas will NEVER provide what they demand from you... never ever...

    All excuses how "easy it is" and that it is "mandatory to supply" etc. etc.

    Don't you guys run a business yourself?!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to affy For This Useful Post:

    mickyfu (30 March 2022)

  12. #31
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 697 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affy View Post
    Funny to see how affiliates defend Leovegas here but completely ignore the fact that Leovegas will NEVER provide what they demand from you... never ever...

    All excuses how "easy it is" and that it is "mandatory to supply" etc. etc.

    Don't you guys run a business yourself?!
    I'm not defending them I just said we provided the docs and they continued to pay us without fail. Yes I run a business and I don't find what LV are asking for is unique, most programs in regulated markets have now asked for these documents. Yes I've also had programs use AML & KYC as an excuse not to pay / close an account even when docs are provided. In this case this hasn't happened to me with Leo is all I am saying, so if you did choose to provide the docs I think they would pay you.

    Whether this is all right or wrong is a different question and has more to do with UK & EU law and licensing than it does with the individual programs.
    Last edited by Mattbar; 30 March 2022 at 3:34 am. Reason: typo

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

    nwalker (30 March 2022)

  14. #32
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 426 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    I'm not defending them I just said we provided the docs and they continued to pay us without fail.
    Until they skim your account and then you realise this has nothing to do with documents but just dirty business.

  15. #33
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 697 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickyfu View Post
    Until they skim your account and then you realise this has nothing to do with documents but just dirty business.
    I can only talk from personal experience and I have not had issues with them but I will agree they are heavy handed on compliance and legal and they seem to forget that we are the client and not them. It doesn't mean I am recommending them or saying you are wrong.

    They are a side brand for us and the actions they have made against other affs means we will not be working any closer with them as there are clear trust issues. All I can say is they have always paid us and never missed a single one, which is more than I can say for a lot of other programs.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

    Dsquared (21 April 2022)

  17. #34
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 426 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    I can only talk from personal experience and I have not had issues with them but I will agree they are heavy handed on compliance and legal and they seem to forget that we are the client and not them. It doesn't mean I am recommending them or saying you are wrong.

    They are a side brand for us and the actions they have made against other affs means we will not be working any closer with them as there are clear trust issues. All I can say is they have always paid us and never missed a single one, which is more than I can say for a lot of other programs.
    One thing I find interesting about parasites like Leovegas. I always insist that the remove my details from their dirty sham businesses. Then funny enough, my websites that "were not compliant" (the goto excuse), these scruffy little urchins always come back asking for positions on my sites after time. One such company that is more than guilty of this is the Trada Casino parasites and a few others.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyfu For This Useful Post:

    rafraf (5 April 2022)

  19. #35
    theCryptoJohn is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    hi,
    As someone who's been an affiliate for a while, I can say that I've never had an account shut down this way and believe it is most likely due to quality of traffic unless OP can provide otherwise, that's my assumption

    If all the brands pretty much have this - there is a reason, my thoughts are to protect the brands from fraud, CPA abuse and whatever other unfortunate money circumstances may make brands skeptical.

    I for one believe we, the good affiliates should be able to speak up and say that Leo Vegas for example is NOT a brand that does these things as they usually have a good reputation. I'll be waiting for a more in depth explanation and until then will keep working with them.

  20. #36
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,138
    Thanks
    2,541
    Thanked 8,180 Times in 5,180 Posts

    Default

    As affiliates who have worked in this space for a while, it is almost always not a question of "if" but "when", as most affiliates eventually have the experience of an affiliate account being shut down, without cause, or with a cause that is either false, or makes zero sense for either the affiliate or the brand.

    In almost 100% of the situations, the brand just keeps the players and the revenue from such players going forward.

    Whether in this specific situation or with this specific brand one is not personally affected, does not change the above.

    Rick
    Universal4

  21. #37
    simons777 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    There must be a reason to be fired. Did you have a discussion? Reporting the results is useful to the GPWA community and all of us can act accordingly.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to simons777 For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (25 April 2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •