Rostick is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Moneymanagement analysis copied

Hi. My analysis on momeymanagement was stolen word by word. My article is here: http://www.betforcash.ro/2009/03/man...care-face.html

This is the website that stole my content: http://servitpro.ro/index.php/Money-...anagement.html

GPWA warned me about this when I became a member.

What can I do about it? I don`t know exactly how to report them to their hosting or something like this. Thanks!
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

oc+
    oc+ is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Certainly report them to the hosting site, they do wonders for you if they agree that content has been copied.
    BetHelp.com | Snack-Media.com | BlackFoxMedia.com

Millions of Global impressions every month

raphnix is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I think it would be a tough case for you since you really have to prove that you posted the article first than the copier. It's through submitting your dated records to the web host as for them to review the copiers version.

Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

One indirect way maybe to use Copyscape on various pages of the site which has stolen your content. If copyscape shows many entries from various other sites, it would prove that this site does stealing on a large scale.

vmlinuz is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Do a whois on the domain and you'll probably find some contact info of the hosting company.

Edit: Just did a whois, it seems the site is hosted by webfactor.ro, try contacting them at abuse at webfactor.ro (this is listed in their T&C as abuse related contact).

vmlinuz is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raphnix View Post
    I think it would be a tough case for you since you really have to prove that you posted the article first than the copier. It's through submitting your dated records to the web host as for them to review the copiers version.
    You could try checking www.archive.org for both pages. Your page will probably have an older date.

Chips is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

I dug up a form I have used when my site(s) were copied, this is what you can mail to the hosting service, you may need to translate it to the proper language, perhaps the hosting service has a similar form that they will provide, would be a good idea to check with them. This is the form I used with Bluehost last fall. It took care of the problem straight away.

Copyright Notice Infringement Information:

We are not in the position to determine or validate who owns the intellectual property rights related to the content in question. However, per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, copyright claimants are only required to substantially provide the following information when making a copyright infringement claim:

1. Identification of the material that you are claiming that is being infringing, with information about its location reasonably specific to permit us to locate the material
    URL or Web Address: _____ being infringed upon by ______ . #__ pages conected to this website are using my content, images including but not limited to (Type of infringment, be specific)

2. Please fill in the following statement:
    I, ________, Owner ________ (URL), have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and

3. Please fill in the following statement:
    I, ______, Owner _______, swear under penalty of perjury, that the above information in their notification is accurate and that they are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.

4. The infringement reporters:
    Name:

Addresses:

Telephone Number:

Email Address:

5. The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf. (Per email from above party, _______)

Once we receive the above notice we are required by law to remove the material in question.

Bluehost/Hostmonster
    Abuse Department
    888-401-4678
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

Rostick is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you mates, espacially chips for the trouble!

Regarding what someone said about the date, the funny thing is recently i rewrote the article because it didn`t have a proper URL (so it was bad for search engines). So probably the 'thief' has an older article than me)
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library