graham is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default My #1 Suggestion - Less Forums

I think there are way too many sections on this forum that it makes it very difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for. I remember the 1st time I came here I was so overwhelmed by the number of sub-forums that I gave up. I find a lot of the categories are repetitive or unnecessary (for example a polls section - these should just be placed where they fit). Also, the forums that are private (ie. the Administration ones at the bottom could probably be set to invisible or only show for admins) to cut a few out right away.

I understand the sponsor forums take up quite a bit of space, and am not talking about those ones. Though with the private and public section it seems like there is a lot of repetitiveness.

Anyway, this is just my advice to potentially help make it less overwhelming to new members.

Chips is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

What may help is not to display the private forums to public and not signed in members. This would reduce the number of forums. Once a private member is signed in (are we ever not?) the forums would appear. EZ way to allow it in the admin CP.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I think Graham's suggestion is one worth considering.

To be honest I also was totally taken aback when I first joined the forum and kept scrolling the drop down menu.

Even now I still get lost sometimes

I understand the sponsor forums take up quite a bit of space, and am not talking about those ones. Though with the private and public section it seems like there is a lot of repetitiveness.
    I agree. Indicating the Private Members section under each Sponsor is not really necessary, considering that once you are directed to the sponsor's forum there is a link to the Private Members Section right at the top.

Something along the same line could be done about the Archive section.

Just my 2 cents
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]