Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Newsletter marketing - what the best way to capture newsletter subscribers

    Hey guys and girls.

    In these days of affiliate marketing, having a database full of newletter subscribers is really important when it comes to keeping players gambling! But how do you initially get your players and viewers to actually sign up for your newsletters? I know there are many spam ways ,BUT this is not a path any affiliate would want to go down!

    I believe that this post could be very useful for gambling tool and poker affiliates alike.
    So share with us your useful and unique ways to encourage newsletter subscribers.

    kind regards.

    Blair.H
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  2. #2
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,064
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,633
    Thanked 3,519 Times in 2,198 Posts

    Default

    I think a great way to get newsletter subscribers is to have a static part of your site for them to enter their name and email address.. This has proved pretty good for me with one of my sites (not gaming related).

    Also, another thing I found is pretty succesful is to have a drop down on visit of your site that says "Join our newsletter" with fields for their name and email.

    What about a corner peel banner thingo

    The ideas on this are endless.. Good luck!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  3. #3
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the input Renee,
    I really like the idea of the drop down sign up! that could work really well!
    Iv always just had the convectional link to the sign up form, but i think i might try the drop down! is it a script you use or a plugin?

    I know this sounds a bit daft but im sure there are other webmasters that use other ways of signing up newsletter subscribers. Keep them coming guys
    regards.

    Blair.
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T3ddyBlair For This Useful Post:

    Renee (11 May 2009), Vrindavan (14 May 2009)

  5. #4
    Radu's Avatar
    Radu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Teddie you could take a look on my join our newsletter module from www.sportpunters.ro . Tool is free for the first 60 days wich is ok. Also you could customize it as well, could take country , name or even more details from users but be sure that they wont be tired and will leave the newsletter if will have much things to wrote there.

    It will bring some new users i am sure from my experience.

  6. #5
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post
    Thanks for the input Renee,
    I really like the idea of the drop down sign up! that could work really well!
    I have a drop down on my site. It works pretty well. But you must be careful that your visitor doesn't get the drop down every time there is refresh when he browses your site.

  7. #6
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I think a great way to get newsletter subscribers is to have a static part of your site for them to enter their name and email address.. This has proved pretty good for me with one of my sites (not gaming related).

    Also, another thing I found is pretty succesful is to have a drop down on visit of your site that says "Join our newsletter" with fields for their name and email.

    What about a corner peel banner thingo

    The ideas on this are endless.. Good luck!
    Anyone know how to do that corner peel thingo?I have been wondereing about that for ages.. I love the idea?

    Anyone want to do one for me?? LOL

    Steve


  8. #7
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the replies guys!

    @Nandakishore ahh yes that could be rather annoying! How does one control that? And is the dropdown thing a plugin or an actual script one would have to build?

    @GFPC isnt it just a picture anamation in the top corner of the webpage that is linked? That would be a very cool "thingo"

    If any body knows how to do the dropdown or the peel thingo, let us know!

    Regards.

    Blair.H
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  9. #8
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    yeah its probably easy.. and would get allot of hits..

    if i knew how it would be done!!


    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys!

    @Nandakishore ahh yes that could be rather annoying! How does one control that? And is the dropdown thing a plugin or an actual script one would have to build?

    @GFPC isnt it just a picture anamation in the top corner of the webpage that is linked? That would be a very cool "thingo"

    If any body knows how to do the dropdown or the peel thingo, let us know!

    Regards.

    Blair.H


  10. #9
    pompeyrayuk's Avatar
    pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth England
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 253 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Expet affiliates have them in back office.

  11. #10
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post

    @Nandakishore ahh yes that could be rather annoying! How does one control that? And is the dropdown thing a plugin or an actual script one would have to build?
    I use the services of AWeber Communications which cost me monthly $19 (up to 500 subscribers. For more subscribers the prices are higher). You will be able to create a pop down using their templates and insert the html code on your site. You can also define how often the pop down will be displayed.

    However, the main advantage of the service is that you can send as many newsletters as you want and you will find on their site an up to date report of who received your newsletters, who opened them and clicked how often etc. I find the service very useful for $19. It saves me a lot of time.

  12. #11
    Radu's Avatar
    Radu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Same options-cheapest fee at constant contact,


    <TABLE class=data-tbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>1</TD><TD class=numeric>0 - 500</TD><TD class=numeric>$15.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD class=numeric>501 - 2,500</TD><TD class=numeric>$30.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD class=numeric>2,501 - 5,000</TD><TD class=numeric>$50.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD class=numeric>5,001 - 10,000</TD><TD class=numeric>$75.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD class=numeric>10,001 - 25,000</TD><TD class=numeric>$150.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD class=numeric>25,001 - 50,000</TD><TD class=numeric>$250.00</TD><TD class=numeric></TD><TD class=numeric></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    * Lists under 50,000 contacts enjoy the benefit of unlimited emails.

    Plus FREE for first 60d days under 100 contacts....

    Cheers

  13. #12
    raphnix's Avatar
    raphnix is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Newsletter distributors should also consider the format of their emails. Some people find those e-mails that contain so much promotion "spammy" thus losing the credibility of each newsletter received.

    Make it formal and sounds more like an official business letter so people might think it's important or necessary.

  14. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,064
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,633
    Thanked 3,519 Times in 2,198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    yeah its probably easy.. and would get allot of hits..

    if i knew how it would be done!!
    It involves flash and some javascript coding...
    I'm currently working on getting some implemented into our marketing tools.. just gotta get a few other goodies out of the way first (stay tuned for that btw)..

    Will let you guys know once I have an ETA.. Once I get them started Ill be able to provide you some help with setting these up on your site for newsletter purposes
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  15. #14
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raphnix View Post

    Make it formal and sounds more like an official business letter so people might think it's important or necessary.
    that is so true.... I end up unsubscribing from so many portals as its sooo uninformative...

    You generally subscribe to a newsletter to receive actual news not bonus codes and rubbish like that! LOL hence the word "NEWS"

    @Renee ahh thanks for the heads up on the flashy and code bit, i take it that the newsletter tool you working on will only be for your affiliate program
    but sounds like a good idea!


    @Nandakishore Yea that sounds like a great tool! im not sure ill be investing in any newsletter software for a while or atleast i have a DB of about 100+ subcribers!
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  16. #15
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    I was thinking about a few more innovative ways to attract more Newsletter subscribers and came up with this idea!
    what about having a dedicated page where your weekly/monthly Newsletters can be viewed this will surely help getting readers to actually sign up if they find the content of the newsletters to be helpful and this will also add a more content to your website!

    Keep those ideas flowing people

    Regards.

    Blair.H
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  17. #16
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post
    what about having a dedicated page where your weekly/monthly Newsletters can be viewed this will surely help getting readers to actually sign up if they find the content of the newsletters to be helpful and this will also add a more content to your website!
    You can create a link in your newsletter to your newsletter archive.

  18. #17
    T3ddyBlair's Avatar
    T3ddyBlair is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post
    You can create a link in your newsletter to your newsletter archive.
    That is also a added bonus i suppose! could work really well
    Got Bullets.... Pew PEW....


  19. #18
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,064
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,633
    Thanked 3,519 Times in 2,198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post
    that is so true.... I end up unsubscribing from so many portals as its sooo uninformative...

    You generally subscribe to a newsletter to receive actual news not bonus codes and rubbish like that! LOL hence the word "NEWS"

    @Renee ahh thanks for the heads up on the flashy and code bit, i take it that the newsletter tool you working on will only be for your affiliate program
    but sounds like a good idea!


    @Nandakishore Yea that sounds like a great tool! im not sure ill be investing in any newsletter software for a while or atleast i have a DB of about 100+ subcribers!
    Ill work on something that you guys can use to have people sign up for your own newsletter so as long as you have an account at Rewards Affiliates you'll be able to use it.

    Cheers
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  20. #19
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,039
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 885 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T3ddyBlair View Post
    I was thinking about a few more innovative ways to attract more Newsletter subscribers and came up with this idea!
    what about having a dedicated page where your weekly/monthly Newsletters can be viewed this will surely help getting readers to actually sign up if they find the content of the newsletters to be helpful and this will also add a more content to your website!

    Keep those ideas flowing people

    Regards.

    Blair.H
    Had to chime in on this, Yesterday Aksana mentioned a newsletter/mailer program. It is called Dada, let e tell you, it is incredible. Very easy setup. You can insert the script for sign up into your webpage(s), it will auto create an archive so that viewers can peruse the old letters, really slick. Oh, did I mention it is free?

    If you are going forward with a newsletter, I would highly recommend this program. I am still playing with it but one cool feature is I can insert a webpage from my site to send as the template of the newsletter, in other words, it looks like you are on the site as you read. All navigation, headers footer etc are there.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •