Next up for Michael Phelps? Play in the WSOP
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that now that Michael Phelps has plenty of time, money and fame, he thinks he would like to play in the WSOP.
Quote:
"I think it would be cool to play in the World Series of Poker," Phelps said. "My game is a little off right now, so I'll have to start improving it a little bit. But I think that would be cool, and it would be cool to meet some of those poker guys."
Cards actually played a small role in the amazing gold medal run. Phelps didn't do much during his down time in between races -- movies mostly -- but he did learn to play Spades and team up with Ryan Lochte for a few afternoon victories that took his mind off swimming.
Full story here ... http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...all_in_at.html
And if he plays, expect to see him on the WSOP coverage next year on ESPN.