-
Is one website enough?
I have always wondered, is one website enough to create a steady income. What's the ideal number if any?
I understand this might be different for everyone, and please no 'what if it stops making money'. This can be said just about any job/site/business out there, this doesn't mean that every company spreads through 250 different fields.
So let's just focus on the ideal situation, that everything is going well.
-
I think it depends on your resources - I would rather have one larger site than 10 mini sites. But I would rather have 3 large sites than one super giant site.
The 'what if it stops making money' argument is a big one though, and I'm not just talking about diversifying outside of igaming. If you have all of your eggs in one basket and you [get hacked | break your site | have an incompetent host | get put on googles naughty step] - how much is that going to affect you financially?
All of those examples have varying degrees of down time - get your site deindexed and you could be looking at a huge reduction in traffic for months. And that's if you can figure out why you got booted in the first place.
I say focus on one large site, build it up to a point where you're happy with it and then start thinking about building your next one - ensuring that you don't neglect the first site.
-
quality before quantity.
And I think about the users first, then google, then myself and revenue.
Not the other way around.
-
Depends how you define "the site" yourself? Is this something of a REAL value to your readers? Do you want your site to be reputable portal with relevant content, possibly updated everyday, with vivid community, social features, forum, etc? If so, you probably wanna focus all your resources on this and stick to a single website.
But if you are happy with just a plain, simple informative website, focused on good, rich content on a given topic without super-fresh updates, then I would say three is maximum to maintain properly if you are working as a single person. More than that and you will surely lose your focus, weaken you SEO efforts and in the end rake in less revenues than with one, "proper" site.
Also, I think it depends pretty much on site's topic. Poker and sportsbetting are much more demanding niches in terms of updates - there are tournaments, events, games, players, new formats, tons of promotions. You can spend the whole day researching and creating new content.
On the other hand, casino and bingo are much more stable, you cannot really upload too many news or reports on classical games like blackjack or roulette - the rules are the same for decades, there are no pros you can interview, there are no real tournaments, etc.
-
One super site outweighs 100 mini sites. Focusing on one is the way to go if you are a newbie or experienced affiliate.
-
I agree it's better to focus on one site. Providing content value to your readers must be you priority in order to become respected and followed. You might consider you options when it comes to how frequently is it going to be updated, but i'd suggest integrating social media to the site and making it visible on your homepage. I not only looks good, but it also provides fresh content and letīs people know that there is a open ongoing conversation.
Nicolas Palacio
Affiliate Coordinator - Income Access
-
Having different websites helps.
If you only had a website about poker or NBA sportsbetting then you would be having a horrible year.
Or imagine your website getting a penalty.
-
More sites less focus and way more work but equally important IMO. I could not handle more than 3 unless I farmed the majority of work out. Maybe one monster site and several satellite ones. Create a network and use all the tools available social media...well you get the drift.
greek39
-
I used to have tons and tons of sites. Now that I've scaled back and started focusing on a select few - income is wayyyy better. Easier to focus and really grow a few sites! I don't recommend just 1. But I certainly don't recommend a ton of minisites, especially when starting out.
-
if you have good budget you can go ahead with 1 site. But if you have limited budget where are you going to find a lot of links in order to create one large site?
-
I personally think it's best to have one "super" site instead of splitting your resources over a range of mini sites and being like a jack of all trades and a master of none.