yamadataro is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default paid backlink? Have you used it?

Hello everyone! I would like to get some advice from everyone.

Have you ever purchased a paid backlink? Have you used it? Is it worth it?

I think paid backlinks work. But I read some negative comments about it

We look forward to hearing from you!

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,946 Times in 5,013 Posts

Just take the time to read the forums and you can clearly see that many affiliates both buy and sell.
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/link-exch...-services.html

There are MANY threads here at the GPWA which debate how effective it is, and yet the purchase and sale of links never stops.

Buying the correct links can be helpful, and buying the wrong links can be harmful. The key is determining the correct links, and declining the wrong ones.

When looking for that answer, do not rely solely on answers from those selling.

Study what others are doing. And just because a site ranks and they just happen to have a link from someone that is selling links, does not necessarily make the link being offered a good one, since the ranking might be due to factors other then the link you could also purchase.

These are just a few of the threads that cover the topics, and there are hundreds if you spend some time looking and trying various search strings.
    Backlinks, what do I need to know?
    Google Spam Link Update
    Buying backlinks on Fiver
    Anecdotes of a properly placed NoFollow Link and its effects

Read 10 different opinions, then pick out the pieces that makes sense to your specific situation and it will help you form your own opinion.

I also think the geo and market targeted may play a factor as well. What I mean is that some markets might be less prone to problems arising from purchased links then others (a debatable idea). This would mostly be emerging less congested markets, but that could easily change if Google decides it will be so.

Rick
    Universal4

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

ARZ (18 October 2021), Bartek (23 September 2021), Buddy M (7 October 2021), chaumi (8 September 2021), gm2891 (8 September 2021), PROFRBcom (8 September 2021), Topboss (8 September 2021), Triple7 (8 September 2021)

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,825 Posts

Why pay for backlinks when you can spam forums for free?
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

AussieDave (9 September 2021), iso2009 (16 September 2021)

yamadataro is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Thank you for your polite advice.

Paid backlinks aren't necessarily spam, but I think both good and bad ones require experience.

PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Yes, most people here used them, still use them and will keep doing so going forward. If you have some spare $$, which you want to spend on link building - then by all means do it. Just make sure that you do the proper research: make sure that the place you are getting your link from is relevant, has traffic, ranks well and produces good quality content.

BillProfy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hi)
    A paid link is like a vote in an election. The stronger the site links to you, the more weight the link transfers, that's how Google's algorithm works. Without links there will be no development of the site, no one will know about you, that's all. Now all the SEO work, mainly around the text and links. And although google declares that buying links is bad, it still takes them into account in the ranking algorithm, as it once was when google was just created.
    It is possible to get free links from forums, but there are very few thematic forums. In general, such forums are heavily spammed and can bring harm to your site.
    When you write good content that will be useful to users and from it put a link to yourself, you can get and new visitors.
    Clearly, paid links are needed in SEO promotion

gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Of course paid backlinks work.
    But one important thing I found out it that you must build links regularly and all the time. In this case it will work.

Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I am terrible with links and am getting to the point where I want to start buying some. What about people that claim to be able to get you (me) back links on various types of blogs. Am I wrong in thinking that stuff is a scam?

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,782 Posts

Paid backlinks only worked to an extent for me in the past and not as I wanted. You have to try them out for yourself to see what the results will be.

chaumi is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy M View Post
    I am terrible with links and am getting to the point where I want to start buying some. What about people that claim to be able to get you (me) back links on various types of blogs. Am I wrong in thinking that stuff is a scam?
    On the assumption that what you mean here are the agencies that purport to be able to 'help' with SEO (and as a part of that build links).....as opposed to the Fiverr type services (which is a different game but with some similarities).....

Then obviously there are some bad apples, but in general, they're not a scam as such. Many offer a real service and are able to back it up with real links.

Their effectiveness may be questionable in some cases, their methods in building their databases of the sites/pages you might get links from might be questionable in some (many) cases, and there are fairly obvious risks (either short or long term) in the links themselves.

Get a good one...and it will likely have an overall positive impact (for how long unknown). Many top sites (and I mean top) use these types of services (but you can safely bet they only use the high-quality ones).

But.....it will cost you to find out for sure. And a good one won't be cheap. One sensible way to approach it (assuming you don't have money to burn and it makes no odds) would be thinking 'OK, if I do this and get better rankings, will that turn into hard cash (in some way, and that needn't necessarily be actual conversions) which will offset the cost' and/or ' If I do this, are there any risks that it might leave me worse off and/or either do nothing or harm me in some way.'

To break it down a bit.....

Effectiveness

Depends heavily on their database of sources. And what those sources do in general. If they're on sites that don't carry significant quantities of links (ie their main reason to be isn't just to sell links), then those are probably OK but really you'd want to be validating that on a case-by-case basis.

If they have lots of links, they may still be OK...but for how long would be your biggest risk. Plus you need to be sure a link would actually get indexed, and there are increasing reasons why some may not. And you have to know if (assuming indexed) the link passes any value or might just be ignored, or even might be harmful. There are ways of working this out reasonably well and making some sort of valid judgment (but not infallibly). But on balance, I'd say better to avoid.

Methods of collating link sources

This is directly relevant because you need to consider 'how did they get these potential link sources.' That may give you a clue as to their likely quality.

And many of us know the answer. Someone (either the firms themselves or a 3rd party higher up) hires a bunch of virtual assistants, whose job it is to take apart ahrefs, SERPs etc, identify potential link opportunities, then spam the owners offering cash for links. No real actual harm in that, some webmasters want the cash from selling links and will welcome the approaches. Many do not, but they can just ignore.

The problem is...whenever someone is collecting stuff like this...it has to go on a list or in a database. Now if the firm keeps that to themselves, it (and the sites on it) might be fairly safe. But take the example of a hawked list that goes out to many potential others. Now all those same sites are on multiple lists, and their footprint (and links on them) are becoming more obvious. Plus you're ever-widening the chances you'll end up on a site that's linking stupidly and/or to something unsavory.

And how do you know what the self-collecting firms do with their lists? Contact one, ask to see their list of sites. You'll probably see what I mean.

Risks

Some already mentioned. The site tanks. Or doesn't, but the links do nothing and you've spent a bunch of cash for nothing. It doesn't tank now but does at some future point either as fallout or because something outside your control changes. The site doesn't tank, but you've been 'marked'. Now you don't know if a bad link somewhere is holding you back, and ultimately in desperation, you start disavowing (some of) the links you bought.

Bottom lines:

Do you care about your site? No, then spam the hell out of it and see if it works. Yes, then be selective. Work your own links, and/or only use a service if you're reasonably sure it will make a return (or are prepared to take the risk it won't). or only use one very carefully after intense due diligence or on availability of very trustworthy recommendation.

Does the cost matter? Yes, then only go for a link-building service if you think it can offset the cost. No, then go for it...but as before, do the DD first.

This all, of course, is focused on one small part of link building and backlinks. It's really just one part of what might make up a well-rounded profile, and various elements of the above also get pulled into that, cross over, etc. But I tried to keep it on the point although may have missed a couple of aspects. The subject of backlinks, in general, could fill a 200-page site and still not fully cover everything, and definitely couldn't be attempted with the depth it deserves on a forum post.

PS Anyone that sends you unasked for emails offering services of this type are almost certainly (and mainly exclusively) going to be the ones you don't want to get involved with.

PPS If you're really meaning the offers specifically on Fiverr, then a lot of the above still applies. Except the cost might be lower, and they are much more likely to not know what they are doing. One big issue is you have no control. These sellers are (I believe) unlikely to give out info (in advance) on where exactly the links are going....so you have a much bigger risk that you'll end up somewhere bad or worth nothing. And because they're not experienced in the intricacies, they're more likely to make mistakes, cut corners, make 'wrong' decisions etc etc
    Last edited by chaumi; 13 September 2021 at 8:39 am. Reason: typo and addition

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

Buddy M (Yesterday)

MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Thanks

The value of the link is usually directly related to how hard it is to get.

It is very difficult to build deep "money links" (think to a review page, a bonus page, whatever) without paying for them, but it can also be very risky. Tread lightly.

Bonusopening is offline Public Member
    Thanks

blackhatworld

i tried buying links from those guys with bad results, maybe get some better backlinks here

MichaelBluejay is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I don't buy or sell links.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBluejay View Post
    I don't buy or sell links.
    Absolutely not questioning the sentiment behind the statement.....but you don't need to, Michael. You're playing in a different game (or more precisely, a different region of the game)

iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

It is worth it, of course. That's the price Google itself placed on links when they developed Page Rank. But when buying a link you will need some tools to investigate first.

Ahrefs - make a trial account and check the websites on which you want to buy. Look at the number for keywords/traffic and check the average position of the website.
    Look at the backlinks. If you can buy a "niche edit" (that is a link on an already published page), look for the pages that have better incoming links and keywords/traffic and ask if it's possible to place your link there.

Remember that Google cares about each page separately. If you buy a link in an "orphan" post (a post which will be buried soon under new content), your chances to get some juice out of it are minimal. Try be to as "close" to the homepage as you can. Ideally, a homepage link will be the best.

You can also use SemRush. For SEO, I don't use anything except Ahrefs.

Investigation (or I should say due diligence) is the most important factor when buying a link. Don't buy too many links. SEO is an extremely long game unless you're really really good at black hat techniques.

Forum links - you can find that on blackhatworld, there are some guys selling forum links. Sometimes, forum links are better for SEO than blog posts (at least in theory). As Sherlock said, you can also do it by yourself for free

PBN links - my advice is to not buy PBN links, but make your own PBN. For that, you will need proper hosting, some extra tools and usually a lot of cash. But if you have enough time to dig through many expired domains stats, you can still find some gems - but that is pretty rare now, since all medium/good expired domains are going into auction directly.

You just need to test it out. I read somewhere, but I don't have now the link, that the trend for people (webmasters included) is to link less and less from websites. Links are now placed on social media (FB, Twitter etc) more often than on actual websites (here I will also include forums as places for virtual social interaction).

Off topic: I just wanted to add that getting organic links is, of course, the best scenario. I am aware that some websites can't get organic links (I would not link to a affiliate website) but just try to think about your niche and what can you write/show/do that will probably be shared on the Net (social or websites). In the end, relying only on Google will not be the way to go. It will become too volatile and too random and hard to decode since millions of websites are popping out each month. And Google itself will evolve to answering questions rather than showing an index.

In the end, Google will be happy if the user is happy and users can be happy to get an answer without the need of many pages of indexed results. You need to try and get as many people as you can to get back on your website. Or just to seize the moment (a month, a year, five years) while you dominate some keywords. At least this is what I am trying to do.
    Last edited by iso2009; 16 September 2021 at 12:09 pm.

MichaelBluejay is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Absolutely not questioning the sentiment behind the statement.....but you don't need to, Michael. You're playing in a different game (or more precisely, a different region of the game)
    I'm not so sure. I think no matter what your region or market, if you make a site with superior content, you'll get traffic. "Build it and they will come."

And if you don't have superior content...you don't deserve the traffic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBluejay View Post
    I'm not so sure. I think no matter what your region or market, if you make a site with superior content, you'll get traffic. "Build it and they will come.And if you don't have superior content...you don't deserve the traffic."
    Wrong choice of words, I should have said 'playing on a different level'. which ties in with your points (to a point).

" Build it and they will come" One of the main points. There is fair evidence this is no longer as true as it once was. It will have been your experience, and thoroughly deserved. It will have been the experience for many others, and deserved.

For someone new in though, I'd suggest it's not that easy, and it may never happen no matter how good they are. The game has changed. They may need help, as will many who are not new in, but starting something new.

"if you don't have superior content...you don't deserve the traffic"

I think the key word here is 'superior'. That word can be taken many ways. I'm sure you meant it from the perspective of 'very high quality'.

In which case, your writing is high quality. Ultra. But that doesn't mean some else's (new to the game, or even a bit way in) isn't. It almost certainly won't be as good, but it still may be good enough to go in front of a visitor to answer their query. Just because it's not as strong overall as some other work, does that mean they should be entirely excluded from the field? I don't think so, but can see that's an arguable point.

A challenge, Michael (that I know you have no need to take up . Build a new site from scratch, using no power from your other properties, and no help (ie backlinks or mentions) from you know who x or you know who y. Nothing. Just the content. Target to get traffic (and rankings) to some reasonably well searched terms. I heavily suspect it won't work like it did, even for you...however you are possibly one of a handful that might actually pull it off. It would be fascinating - and illuminating - to see.

And let's assume it didn't 'work' (I know it would attract some traffic, but I mean 'work' in the same way it has in the past). Would anyone question the use of a prime backlink here and there to help it along? No.

PS It may be interpreted as if I'm championing backlinks and their use to promote substandard content here. Not so. Great content - primary objective at all times, and if it's not then yes, I agree it doesn't deserve organic links. But if it is good enough, then it will most likely need some help, especially for newer sites. There is an argument that says 'OK, cleverly/adequately structure your site, build up your content to a high standard, keep adding to it, and wait'..but some won't be in the position to do that, although their site (or some pages) may already be 'good' enough to go in front of some eyeballs and be of use.

PPS There may be some who'll read this and wonder why this interchange is even taking place. The reason you're wondering that will (probably) be that you don't know who Michael Bluejay is

datstheguy is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Backlinks are a tough topic because whether it works or not is hard to prove scientifically. Now, high quality links are definitely not going to hurt and do help. What each one of us put in that "high quality" bucket is a loaded discussion.

My main issue with paying for backlinks is that if you can get it, your competitors too. Chances are, the way you find backlinks is by spying on you competitors, too. So that's fine to stay in the race – but it is not going to give you an edge!

The reality is, not buying for links in the gambling niche is quite tricky so... do with that what you will but if you buy them, but the right ones

Casino1 is offline Brand New Member
    Thanks

That is definitely not advisable, but please consider the risks if you do pay for backlinks

casinoadcent is offline Brand New Member
    Thanks

I think paid links are temporary, even if they work.

I think you should buy a used domain and use it as a backlink.