Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    hiddenchamp's Avatar
    hiddenchamp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Pitbull poker is a banner farm now

    Have you checked out pitbull poker lately?

    It's full of banners and affiliate links lol, but at least they intend to give the players their money back.

    I hope I can receive my last affiliate payment at last.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to hiddenchamp For This Useful Post:

    aksana (14 October 2009)

  3. #2
    brean78's Avatar
    brean78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 78 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szury View Post
    Have you checked out pitbull poker lately?

    It's full of banners and affiliate links lol, but at least they intend to give the players their money back.

    I hope I can receive my last affiliate payment at last.
    I wish you the best of luck.

  4. #3
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,165
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 238 Times in 190 Posts

    Default

    Sadly I reckon affiliates will be at the bottom of their list as this normally is the case. The most important people to pay in this order are;

    1. Local employees
    2. Local companies
    3. External companies (hosting, legal etc.)
    4. Players
    5. Affiliates
    6. Other
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  5. #4
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Here's my ordering of things. Based on your statement you find paying players 4th and affiliates 5th? I don't think that is fair to be honest.

    1. Players - The are the hand that feeds everyone on this list. Come first.
    2. Affiliates - The brought the players in the first place.
    3. Local employees - part of the company
    4. Local Companies
    5. External Companies
    6. Other

    Mind you flaws can be seen in both methods, but if you consider players and affiliaes to be of such low value its no wonder the industry is in this kind of position were in with various payment issues. all over.

    Im still sort of stunned sorry, that you would include players in 4th. Are they that unimportant? Affiliates?

    So local employees and businesses get their fair share of whats left, and the players and affiliates get grouped in with other as bottom feeders.

    NO wonder so much affiliate and program fraud exists, with this formula, players and affiliates always get screwed.




    Quote Originally Posted by eaton2003 View Post
    Sadly I reckon affiliates will be at the bottom of their list as this normally is the case. The most important people to pay in this order are;

    1. Local employees
    2. Local companies
    3. External companies (hosting, legal etc.)
    4. Players
    5. Affiliates
    6. Other


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    TheGamblingGuru (14 October 2009)

  7. #5
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    1,997
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 615 Posts

    Default

    I think Simon's list is probably closer to reality.i don't think Simon thinks this way steve Just laying out how it will likely go down.I will put the Lawyers bill at #1 though .We don't expect to see anything from this group again but would be nice to see it.

  8. #6
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    May be reality, but is wrong!

    But i hear you!! - no worries i just thought it was important to say how i felt. As players need to be number 1 Judy not number 4.

    Im sure you can appreciate players are what keep us going?

    Or am I wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    I think Simon's list is probably closer to reality.i don't think Simon thinks this way steve Just laying out how it will likely go down.I will put the Lawyers bill at #1 though .We don't expect to see anything from this group again but would be nice to see it.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    TheGamblingGuru (14 October 2009)

  10. #7
    pokertramp's Avatar
    pokertramp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 122 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    I sure hope they pay the players. I'm so sick of trusting an aff manager and pushing a site only to find out they take everyone's money and run. I've seen this many times and it sickens me.

  11. #8
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Hi Guys

    As ever i should not say what I am about to write but i dont see anybody being paid no player no affiliates nothing.

    Lets be honest what are you going to do about it?

    Will you fly to Costa Rica to demand yor money?

    I maybe wrong and i hope I am but whilst this industry has no regulation this will happen, even if te industry does have regulations this will happen.

    Now i am not telling you how to pick the partners you work with but look at the license they have if the do not have to match players deposits in escrow account why work with them, when rooms go belly up its your reputation that gets damaged as well.

    Sorry if this is not PC but i think it could be right.

    Thanks

    Shaun

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (14 October 2009)

  13. #9
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,165
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 238 Times in 190 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    Here's my ordering of things. Based on your statement you find paying players 4th and affiliates 5th? I don't think that is fair to be honest.

    1. Players - The are the hand that feeds everyone on this list. Come first.
    2. Affiliates - The brought the players in the first place.
    3. Local employees - part of the company
    4. Local Companies
    5. External Companies
    6. Other

    Mind you flaws can be seen in both methods, but if you consider players and affiliaes to be of such low value its no wonder the industry is in this kind of position were in with various payment issues. all over.

    Im still sort of stunned sorry, that you would include players in 4th. Are they that unimportant? Affiliates?

    So local employees and businesses get their fair share of whats left, and the players and affiliates get grouped in with other as bottom feeders.

    NO wonder so much affiliate and program fraud exists, with this formula, players and affiliates always get screwed.
    I am not saying what I say is fair or not but just the way I have seen other companies operate in Costa Rica. If they do not pay their employees they are banged up. So they take care of this as well as local companies to have a clean sheet.

    I would like affiliates to be number one but this will not be the case sadly as they work from who has the strongest legal weight to the weakest and since affiliates are based globally and individuals they will not be too high in the list.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  14. #10
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    It's a big surprise for me, only in July we had a campaign with Pitbull and not they have closed, and nobody informed me about this.

    Thanks for letting us know about this.

  15. #11
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Simon

    You and I both know that very few of the company owners ar ebased in Costa Rica even if they are it is so easy to get accross the border and start a fresh in Panama.

    As I said when people pick who to work with I think looking at what license the site holds is a very good start.

    Thanks

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by eaton2003 View Post
    I am not saying what I say is fair or not but just the way I have seen other companies operate in Costa Rica. If they do not pay their employees they are banged up. So they take care of this as well as local companies to have a clean sheet.

    I would like affiliates to be number one but this will not be the case sadly as they work from who has the strongest legal weight to the weakest and since affiliates are based globally and individuals they will not be too high in the list.

  16. #12
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,165
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 238 Times in 190 Posts

    Default

    Shaun,

    Sure that can be done and moving across the border but when it comes to paying and even accessing most of their funds they need to pay the locals to keep them sweet.

    In Pitbull poker's case the owners were in Costa Rica and were arrested and considered a flight risk. Hence they were detained and had no access to run a business and the locals who worked for them are left to pick up the pieces and in some cases bare a responsibility to the demise of Pitbull as they went out there to get personal revenge which in turn affected affiliates, players and the industry in the whole.

    If the CR police did not jump to conclusions as well as the local employees I reckon we could of been looking at a very different outcome than what transpired.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  17. #13
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I was told that th epolice only arrived because the computers where being nicked.

    Either way i dont see much happening.

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by eaton2003 View Post
    Shaun,

    Sure that can be done and moving across the border but when it comes to paying and even accessing most of their funds they need to pay the locals to keep them sweet.

    In Pitbull poker's case the owners were in Costa Rica and were arrested and considered a flight risk. Hence they were detained and had no access to run a business and the locals who worked for them are left to pick up the pieces and in some cases bare a responsibility to the demise of Pitbull as they went out there to get personal revenge which in turn affected affiliates, players and the industry in the whole.

    If the CR police did not jump to conclusions as well as the local employees I reckon we could of been looking at a very different outcome than what transpired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •