Player ‘Quality’ - Whose Responsibility?
UK margins are being squeezed, I get that, but I’m hearing increasing noise about player ‘quality’ in recent times and I wonder how much we, as affiliates, should be held accountable for that.
I’m not talking about new players specifically – if you throw a program a load of junk players, bonus abusers, fraud etc then they should be able to raise that with you. Whether you can physically control any or all of those elements is debatable of course, however if you’re actively encouraging poor quality new players then expect some grief.
What I’m talking about is established players who win. I had a program come to me recently warning about ‘quality’ when the reality was that a regular player, recruited in 2016, had won £40k or so one month. Not entirely sure I or anyone can do anything about that, that’s surely part of the bookmaking game.
Had another program a year or so back grumbling about quality after a negative month, yet from by rudimentary digging into the numbers it was due to a casino win. Not sure I can influence this either.
There’s much more data available for sports punters nowadays, and in the case of golf many more excellent tipsters available on social media, which mean that punters have more of an edge than ever. Bookmakers and traders need to up their game. Copy and paste odds isn’t the way forwards.
Or am I wrong here? Should affiliates somehow magically only recruit long (and short) term losers?