Hi - can anyone recommend an in-expensive or free popup plug for WP?
Printable View
Hi - can anyone recommend an in-expensive or free popup plug for WP?
Sumo me is good, although I believe it is blocked by some ad blockers these days.
yes....just give me a moment...
http://popunderjs.com/
just this
not really cheap, but everyone serious is buying from the Vietnamese genius
it is not for WP though
This cant be a genius Mr.Sherlock,i cant open the page with adblock....i need to turn it off to visit the page.
Regards
I do not know which page you can not open. Maybe http://popunderjs.com/ ? Adblock works with list of domains that are being blocked, maybe someone added the domain there. That is not an problem, you do not target people to the popunder seller. If you have a piece of software that blocks certain domain, then indeed you can not open the domain. The anti-adblocking popunder scripts obfuscate this issue somehow.
It is a whack-a-mole game. Both with adblock and with google (where google started to act as adblock to monopolize the ad industry). So sometimes adblocks win. Then new version is released and so on. Recent updated version from yday 2.8.4 works for adblocks.
I've used Popup-Builder which is super easy to work with and has support for other plugins like Gravity Forms. There is also a pro version with even more features.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/popup-builder/
pop ups will penalize you
I see ublock has (18121) downloads. So it is even less interesting to go around it then to solve pops for Opera.
With adblock the script works. 3 new updates just today. I used to hire a guy for those js/flash shits, but outsourcing is much cheaper. Even when this guy cost 100 USD, then 1000 USD, now 1500.
I see. 10M+. Still not so significant. Still less than Opera. I do not care how great the product is. I am trying to make money. That is why I do not use adblock and I forbid my employees to do the same (unless they solve the adblock).
Once some less greedy adblock solution takes over, then the anti-adblocking softwares will go against it.
But yes, if the adblock solutions will block even direct access or if they will block opening all windows (= adblock solution by Google from 2018 ), then we are going to an interesting era of internet, because somehow it makes no sense and user will have to allow the action anyways.
I was under the impression U-Block works with better more browsers though right?
For my own use, I like it and was glad Progger recommended I try it.
As for opening stuff in new tabs or windows, Ublock allows that in most normal actions, although i do disable it often while viewing or reviewing sites.
Rick
Universal4
Popup Builder also, easy, good and free.
the best way to use it is with exit intent, this way is perfect.
popup builder is the best one.
Using a popup to display a subscribe to mailer is fine, or a single home page CTA offer. However, more often than not, these popup's get abused by the webmaster, and activate on every damn page, or keep popping-up after the visitor has specifically closed it.
If your going to use a popup, make it so it's not annoying, or bugs the visitor. Otherwise, you risk turning potential signups away.