baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,339 Posts

Default Premium Joomla 1.7 Templates

I know this question comes up from time to time, but not Joomla 1.7 templates are becoming more common I thought it was worth asking.

Does anyone know of any decent gambling templates for Joomla 1.7? Ideally premium templates (ie: purchase the theme rather than use a freebie with link) for general gambling, roulette, blackjack, slots - that kind of thing.

I thought about getting custom designs, but I want to make a series of micro niche sites and that could get expensive

Alternatively... if I had custom designs made, would anyone be interested in using them either for a fee or for a footer link?
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

jakesnake is offline Private Member
    Thanks

There are several very good template builders for joomla 1.5 and 1.7 but the templates are not really gambling related. It is however fairly easy to turn these templates into a gambling look and feel.
    You could try rockettheme, joomlart, yootheme or joomlabamboo, i am sure you could get a custom design from one of these sites but it will be far more expensive than signing up for a yearly membership.

KovEsZ is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'm using joomla as well since the biginning. Best choice you got is the learn how to create a template and once you are familiar with it you can create something on your own. The bad thing about templates is that they are template. Someone created it and the structure the css and everything is made under the creators concept. I know it my be longer, but if you want something toatally unique than you should try to scout a clean template and delete almost everything and build it up your own. It does only work if you have some practice in graphic relates programs.

Regarding the usage for free.. I made a flash for my site (which isn't fully ready yet) and made a poll to check if anyone's interested, but I think this community shares knowledge with you and answers your questions, but it's not the right place to offer something where you want some money in exchange. Btw.. I like the idea of "template usage for a link to site" thing.

Shadyz
    Visit OnlinePokerElite.com the next generation poker guide.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I could make the templates no problem, and have done in the past. But I want to quickly launch about 10 or so micro-niche sites and designing each would take a bit too long.

Looks like there's a big gap in the market for joomla templates!

<- the cogs start turning

bonusbetting is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'd say there is definitely a gap in the market for Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 gambling templates and I might be interested if the price is lower than my time spent designing to the same standard...

I'm assuming that there is not a huge difference between 1.6 and 1.7 - i.e. will templates for one work with the other?
    I ask because 1.5 to 1.6 was a big jump and 1.5 templates obviously won't work with the newer versions. Neither will about 80% of extensions

BonusBetting is running on Joomla 1.5 because I wanted to use extensions that don't have a stable 1.6 release, let alone 1.7.

I love Joomla but the supporting documentation for 1.6 and 1.7 is definitely lacking. I've got a few sites on 1.6 and I'm still getting to grips with it.
    Interested in quality, relevant link exchanges and deals, especially with UK sites.

Thanks

AFAIK 1.7 isn't too different from 1.6 and 1.6 templates should work on 1.7, and visa versa. But don't quote me on that!

jakesnake is offline Private Member
    Thanks

If you are running joomla1.6 it might be best to upgrade to 1.7 as there won't be any more updates available for 1.6, 1.5 will still be updated so if you are running 1.5 like i am on most of my sites it shouldn't be a problem. There is alot of information regarding joomla and there are some indepth discussions at http://www.alltogetherasawhole.org/