-
Proud to be an American!
It's July 3rd still here in Arizona but I just got to watch an amazing fireworks show that one of our local Indian casinos just put on. The casino is about 3 minutes up the road from me so I could see them perfectly from my porch!
They are, also, one of the Indian tribes that donated a ton of money to the city of Tucson so we could have our traditional 4th of July fireworks. The city decided to cancel the annual show because of the cost. Over $51,000 not including police and fire dept pay.
Even though we do have had many other shows all over the city, our traditional show, that I have watched for close to 20 years now, would have been greatly missed.
But thanks to private donations and donations from our 2 local tribes, that equaled $80,000+, overnight, as soon as the news spread of the cancellation a couple of weeks ago, our show will go on!!
During our dismal economic times and the fact that the US does not allow online gambling (LOL), I am still proud to be an American!
Happy 4th of July everyone!
-
And a Happy Independence Day you as well !
-
The July 4th fireworks is something that I have not had trouble finding a good show for 20 years or so.
I have my choice of Disney, Epcot, MGM, Universal(4), Islands of Adventure, Sea World, as well as a handful of other local towns etc display's to choose from. (all within a 30 minute drive - driveway to parking lot)
Let me tell you, Disney knows how to do fireworks.
This year though Meri has to work until dinner time so we may just sit in the the front yard and watch some of the many small displys put on by some of the local residents in the neighborhood....LOL
Rick
Universal4