-
Request to bookmakers
Hi
Why can't all bookmakers provide me with a default link that ALWAYS tracks to me and never needs changed or becomes out of date.
I don't like it when I keep having to change links and get told that if I don't change them the old links will never work, why? (i think i know why)
I write lots of content every day and cannot trawl through old articles and change the links.
Most bookmakers such as bet365 have been providing me with simple links such as www.bet365.com/?affiliate-xyz-andy for years now which will always track to me and never go out of date.
Please can all other bookmakers do the same moving forward so that when different events come along or offers change I don't have to go changing everything and then change it back after the event/offer change surely you can do this at your end?
4ndy
-
Some bookmakers have stated their links will do just that, but every few months or so we hear of reports of one link or another that stops working for someone....somewhere....
ALL links should ALWAYS track to the initial affiliate, no matter what the casino/bookie changes, or no matter what the stats software provider changes and there really is no excuse to NOT guarantee this....except free traffic.
It doesn't matter if an offer changes, or a landing page needs taken down or whatever, the affiliate programs should be responsible enough to just make sure the link tracks and redirects to the desired landing page, or at least the casino/bookie home page.
This is the simple and most logical case for serving your own banners and using a single text/banner link (with campaign when provided) for all links for any single affiliate.
Rick
Universal4
-
Bet365 know how to work, they know that changes must be with a good reason and they also use their own system which
is very easy to use and I personally think on of the best in the market today.
It might look poor but everything I need I get from my affiliate manager.
About the links, the answer is yes, they can give you simple default link to use with, most affiliate platforms have this option and if not you can just contact your affiliate manager and ask him to add a simple default link which leads to home page... or any page you prefer.
I hope this helps !