-
Sad day
Over ten years ago when I first got involved with this industry I started my job working for BetGameday which soon merged into VIP. Then after a couple of years I moved over to Costa Rica where I started working for a company which soon became Nine.com.
I have recently learn't that VIP.com, Nine.com as well as BetGameday are closing their doors for good on August 1st and this brings some very fond memories I had while working with these guys. It is sad for me to learn that this is where they now stand, and are set to close :(
Kudos to three great sportsbooks who lasted the storm but now have decided it is the final curtain call.
-
Ahh Simon, thats terrible buddy. I remember at mohiegan or however you spell that is when I was talking to someone about all that. Including the 9am.com I thought for sure was gonna be huge. It was what made me get home and buy 6high.com just cuzz it was small lol.
But yeah man, throw a few back brother and think about it. Get it out man, then dust off and get back to work :P
-
This actually doesn't surprise me a lot.....
After you left Simon, that entire company was just NOT the same and to me it just didn't seem like they cared enough about affiliates.
Rick
Universal4
-
Simon you were the marketing genius behind Nine.com - I remember meeting you for the first time in Miami and that was the year Nine.com made huge waves forward in the gaming industry. It was different and from where I stood it worked.
I remember when I met Simon, Simon asked me who I worked for, and I asked Simon who he worked for (I knew full well) ... and when Simon said "Nine.com"
I said "oh, I've never heard of you guys"
The look of shock and horror on Simons face was priceless - I had to quickly say I was kidding and we had a good laugh - after all we were on a boat going up the river out to the ocean.
-
Sad to hear this Simon. I remember the first time I met you when you were working for them was at the affiliate summit in vegas 2006. You and Marty asked me to ride in your limo to the chocolate party if I remember correctly and I pulled a cheesy line that was similar to the nine tag line, something like "I'm in bed with someone else".
At least you have the memories :)
-
Sorry to hear that Simon, I guess some good things must come to and end at some point! At least you put in your part and helped make it what it was!!
-
This thread reminds me of that song, "why do all good things come to an end?". Pretty cool song actually, and very true :P But the end of one thing also means the beginning of something else. I'm sure you will move on to bigger and better things for sure. Sorry about the bad news, and best of luck for the future :)
-
Sorry to hear that Simon.
I still remember years ago that you recruited me to be an affiliate for them, and I wasn't really into sportsbooks, but you were so passionate about them that I didn't have the heart to tell you I wasn't really interested, so I popped up a few banners to keep you happy :)
-
Times move on and it was time for them to say goodbye... and thank you for the memories.
I remember those crazy Vegas parties and meetings. One day the good ole days will come back and something new will surface. Watch this space is all I can say ;)
-
Yea, Nine.com was a cool book. I was new in the business and you and Marty invited me to Vegas in 2005 I think it was. I still have that bobble-head car with you and Marty. I had a great time out there Simon, I never forgot how cool you and Marty were with me. Thanks Man!