Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 178 Times in 130 Posts

    Default See Competitors Page Views

    Anyone know of a tool where you can see what pages of a website get the most views? If you want to look at a competitors website and see what pages are getting the most views, is there somewhere you can do that?

    Thanks
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Like poker? See www.usalegalpoker.com for the best USA poker sites and USA online casinos for the best USA online casino. https://mobileslotslisting.com
    www.usalegalslots.com - www.playusaonlinepoker.com - www.4deucespoker.com

  2. #2
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,087 Posts

    Default

    You can try http://www.spyfu.com

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    freebetsfreetips (3 January 2015)

  4. #3
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Why are you worried about your competition's page views?

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    GCG (7 January 2015), ocreditor (5 January 2015)

  6. #4
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    I've tested my own domain and the results didn't even came close to the actual stats. It even states "this domain has not advertised on Google AdWords", although I have ongoing ads with them for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Why are you worried about your competition's page views?
    I guess it's mainly to know how it performs compared to others and to determine the need of changing the strategy.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  7. #5
    F-L-C is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,048
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 332 Times in 254 Posts

  8. #6
    marise's Avatar
    marise is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    With semrush.com you will be able to get 'an idea' but, I don't think you'll ever get good figures as to what is really going on. However, semrush will give you some insights.. Hope you can use it.. (If you did not already know of this site)

  9. #7
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Why are you worried about your competition's page views?
    Same question still applies

  10. #8
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Same question still applies
    I think it's interesting to know some data from the competition, to determine how your own sites performs compared to them. If the competition (and I mean sites with a similiar kind and amount of content) has a lot a lot more pageviews, you might need to improve seo, content and/or advertising.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  11. #9
    pinkytoe is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 115 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    I don't think its possible to get an accurate representation with any third party tool unless you install some sort of tracking on the host site. I.e If you don't own the site (or infiltrate it) you wont get an accurate indication. SemRush is probably the most accurate for what you are looking for in my experience.

  12. #10
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    Anyone know of a tool where you can see what pages of a website get the most views? If you want to look at a competitors website and see what pages are getting the most views, is there somewhere you can do that?

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casinoplanet View Post
    I've tested my own domain and the results didn't even came close to the actual stats. It even states "this domain has not advertised on Google AdWords", although I have ongoing ads with them for years.


    I guess it's mainly to know how it performs compared to others and to determine the need of changing the strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by casinoplanet View Post
    I think it's interesting to know some data from the competition, to determine how your own sites performs compared to them. If the competition (and I mean sites with a similiar kind and amount of content) has a lot a lot more pageviews, you might need to improve seo, content and/or advertising.
    I guess I don't understand why it matters - unless trying to steal or "borrow" ideas from someone else's hard work and research. Those who truly "know" their industry and are innovators do not need to peak in on others to try to gain a shortcut via the "great idea, me too" imitator approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I don't think its possible to get an accurate representation with any third party tool unless you install some sort of tracking on the host site. I.e If you don't own the site (or infiltrate it) you wont get an accurate indication. SemRush is probably the most accurate for what you are looking for in my experience.
    When used on my own site, SemRush is not even close - nor is any other "tool" aside from my own stats program.

  13. #11
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 1,756 Posts

    Default

    If you have a very large amount of money to spend (and I mean many tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars) then there are services that will provide detailed information about traffic on a competitor's site.

    I believe it is most commonly it is done by the major e-commerce providers to obtain details regarding traffic on their competitor's sites as part of a comprehensive competitive analysis. Obtaining this type of competitive data is, I think, a fairly common practice among large businesses in competition with one another. You might imagine that major booksellers would like to understand traffic on each other's sites to inform certain types of strategic decisions, or the same of major electronics companies, auto companies, etc.

    The most common services provided by companies that monitor web traffic are aggregate visit and page view data for sites on the web. This type of data is still expensive, but a lot less expensive the custom competitive research looking at traffic with a site. You can get good data within a particular market segment for a small number of tens of thousands of dollars a year. Such services generally have access to complete urls and just discard the details of pages within a site.

    I know this because Casino City pays for good data about traffic to different operator gaming sites. In our case we obtain detailed aggregate domain-level traffic data for operator sites visited by players located in Australia, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom. And within the United States we have traffic data broken down by state for a number of states. We use this data to rank online gaming sites relative to one another on our online.casinocity.com website based on traffic the sites receive, and have done so for over a decade.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    casinoplanet (9 January 2015)

  15. #12
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    I guess I don't understand why it matters - unless trying to steal or "borrow" ideas from someone else's hard work and research. Those who truly "know" their industry and are innovators do not need to peak in on others to try to gain a shortcut via the "great idea, me too" imitator approach.
    It has nothing to do with stealing, borrowing or imitating. As entrepeneur Tim Berry states: "Whether you're creating a new business plan or revamping an old one, knowing what your competitors are up to can save your business." This is the full article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/78596

    An other article: "Knowing who your competitors are, and what they are offering, can help you to make your products, services and marketing stand out. It will enable you to set your prices competitively and help you to respond to rival marketing campaigns with your own initiatives." http://www.infoentrepreneurs.org/en/...r-competitors/
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  16. #13
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoplanet View Post
    It has nothing to do with stealing, borrowing or imitating. As entrepeneur Tim Berry states: "Whether you're creating a new business plan or revamping an old one, knowing what your competitors are up to can save your business." This is the full article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/78596

    An other article: "Knowing who your competitors are, and what they are offering, can help you to make your products, services and marketing stand out. It will enable you to set your prices competitively and help you to respond to rival marketing campaigns with your own initiatives." http://www.infoentrepreneurs.org/en/...r-competitors/
    I can agree with those statements and the concepts in the articles if we're all manufacturing and selling toys or books or equipment. I can even agree with those statements and the concepts in the articles if we are all actual operators or running a white label.

    I cannot agree with those statements and concepts in the context of running an expert review portal. If you know your industry well and are truly an "expert", you do not need to see how others are getting traffic or to figure out what keywords are driving people to websites. To do so, one lacks expertise, creativity, and originality.

  17. #14
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    I can agree with those statements and the concepts in the articles if we're all manufacturing and selling toys or books or equipment. I can even agree with those statements and the concepts in the articles if we are all actual operators or running a white label.

    I cannot agree with those statements and concepts in the context of running an expert review portal. If you know your industry well and are truly an "expert", you do not need to see how others are getting traffic or to figure out what keywords are driving people to websites. To do so, one lacks expertise, creativity, and originality.
    Well, at least we can agree that we don't agree

    By checking which programs your competition are promoting, you can see what's popular and what's not. With this knowledge you can decide to promote the same programs and go with the flow or to pick different programs and distinguish yourself from the rest.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to casinoplanet For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (10 January 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •