Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default A short Questions

    HI to all

    Sorry for my ignorance but when i start my website i use big letters cause i was thinking this will help google to check for keywords.

    My question is: Can i use small letters, will this create problem with crawl?

    Thank you

    www.kazino-portal.com this is my site which i think letters are big and vizitors cant see enough on the page

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    27,507
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 7,806 Times in 4,923 Posts

    Default

    The size of the font should not matter at all, just be sure that it can be read easily by humans at different resolutions.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    The size of the font should not matter at all, just be sure that it can be read easily by humans at different resolutions.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thank you RIck,

    Could you please tell me how it can be easily read by all humans in different resolutions?

    I must do anything in my part or my website domain company has made that possible?

    Anyway can you check a moment how it looks now?

    Thank you very much

  4. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,583
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 730 Times in 571 Posts

    Default

    I've just had a look and all the font sizes look fine but I'd keep the actual font type the same for the whole page. At the moment it looks like it's mainly Ariel but with some Times Roman.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (2 February 2014)

  6. #5
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doolally View Post
    I've just had a look and all the font sizes look fine but I'd keep the actual font type the same for the whole page. At the moment it looks like it's mainly Ariel but with some Times Roman.
    Thank you very much for your answer

    I see you site and it is lovely, i cant do that, my main profession is music anyway i am working hard in this area also, i see a good future

    Thank you again and good luck

  7. #6
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default

    Your design, font sizes and color combinations are great. Very easy to read and navigate through.
    Sweet Bet - Reviews of reputable online casinos, poker sites, sportsbooks & bingo halls
    USA Online Casinos | Canadian Online Casinos | Bitcoin Casinos | Live Dealer Casinos | Free Spin Casinos | US Online Casinos

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (3 February 2014)

  9. #7
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thank you very much Seetbet, this really inspire me.

  10. #8
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    I agree with the previous comments; the contrast to me seems just fine. I agree that you should look at standardising the fonts used on the page, in the top portion of the home page I can see 4 different fonts.

    Finally, and this may just be subjective but I would consider reducing the amount of red text. Currently you have the majority of text in black which works fine against your lighter background. Then you have hyper-links in a light blue and then some other parts in red. My assumption is that you have have used the red to draw attention to information that you think is important.

    The problem I have is that there is so much red text that appears to be important - so as a reader I don't know what is really important.

    In the first few moments that your page loads, less than one second even, the eye of the reader is scanning and 'absorbing' your page layout trying to decide where to look and where to 'zone in' They are asking you to show them and to tell them where to look and what to do next but I found the page quite 'busy' You might be able to find ways to calm down the page a little and direct the readers in a better way towards both the information they want and, most importantly, towards your Call To Action to click thorough and convert.

    I hope that I have been able to offer you advice that is constructive and that you might find it useful and I hope that I don't sound as if I am criticising all you have done because I think you have done a really great job so far.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony-Coral For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (3 February 2014)

  12. #9
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeyBoy View Post
    I agree with the previous comments; the contrast to me seems just fine. I agree that you should look at standardising the fonts used on the page, in the top portion of the home page I can see 4 different fonts.

    Finally, and this may just be subjective but I would consider reducing the amount of red text. Currently you have the majority of text in black which works fine against your lighter background. Then you have hyper-links in a light blue and then some other parts in red. My assumption is that you have have used the red to draw attention to information that you think is important.

    The problem I have is that there is so much red text that appears to be important - so as a reader I don't know what is really important.

    In the first few moments that your page loads, less than one second even, the eye of the reader is scanning and 'absorbing' your page layout trying to decide where to look and where to 'zone in' They are asking you to show them and to tell them where to look and what to do next but I found the page quite 'busy' You might be able to find ways to calm down the page a little and direct the readers in a better way towards both the information they want and, most importantly, towards your Call To Action to click thorough and convert.

    I hope that I have been able to offer you advice that is constructive and that you might find it useful and I hope that I don't sound as if I am criticising all you have done because I think you have done a really great job so far.

    Huh GREAT ADVICE, this is a real advice, thank you for that man, in fact i am worried everytime i check my website and everytime i work on it, because there are alot of things that i want to change,

    I am not expert thats why i dont know still how to do this job, for example: on the first opening page i put many promo banners which for me is not ok, i put a little at start on how can player profit from casino bonuses but i dont know what to do else, i feel i must put on the first page more content and less promotional banners, but i am thinking to find what to put, because the sign ups i guess come from other pages where i start really the promotion.

    Anyway i am looking around to find all what i need, i still dont know how to attract players with concrete things so they convert more fast, i have near 1 year working on this project and still results are near ZERO.
    I work on Albanian market around for player who reside in Albania and mostly Abroad.

    Thank you again in advance, for moment i just reduced the RED colour, which it was stressing for me also but never understood until you like a " visitor " said to me

  13. #10
    Sergej_AGR is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Location
    Ruhrpott - Germany
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 85 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeyBoy View Post
    I agree that you should look at standardising the fonts used on the page, in the top portion of the home page I can see 4 different fonts.
    This would be my advise too. I had a quick view and noticed
    - Calibri 11px
    - Calibri 11px bold
    - Calibri 11 px underline
    - Calibri 11px with blue link
    - Arial 10 px red uppercase
    - Arial 11px
    - Arial 11px bold
    - Aria 12 px bold
    - Andale Mono 12 px bold
    - Comic Sans 12 px red
    - Comic Sans 7,5 px red underline



    Try to use uniform characters. Your visitors will love it. It was very confusing WHEN I tried to read YOUR texts the FIRST time.

    Concentrate on one font with the same size and use h1, h2, h3, h4 as highlighter

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergej_AGR For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (5 February 2014)

  15. #11
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergej_AGR View Post
    This would be my advise too.


    Try to use uniform characters. Your visitors will love it. It was very confusing WHEN I tried to read YOUR texts the FIRST time.

    Concentrate on one font with the same size and use h1, h2, h3, h4 as highlighter
    Hahaha God i laugh with that, it was really anoying, i change that immediately after this comments. Who know how many customers i lost only because they was confused :P , not that much because i am new anyway learning here in this great place without paying, is just a great gift, which everyone should appreciate.

    Thanks again.
    Kazino-Portal

  16. #12
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 243 Times in 195 Posts

    Default

    I think everything has been said about the text size/fonts/colours.

    This has been said as well - suggest try and give some separation in what you're saying. I can't read Albanian so don't know what it's actually saying, which clearly makes it impossible to comment on the flow and structure of the content itself.

    You say you've been working for some time and not many conversions. That's not necessarily surprising even for a very well constructed site...there will be many who read this in the same boat (or were at some point).

    The best advice I can give is to try and understand how visitors are arriving at your site...and build calls to action which might appeal to them.

    Very rough examples:

    If you see a lot of visitors arriving for casino card games, then put some card game offers in a prominent position. You could still talk about bonuses and promotions, but tell the visitor that they can 'play more card games with this bonus from xxxxxx'

    If they want tournaments, then tell them they 'can play more tournaments with this bonus offer from xxxxx'

    They are very simplistic examples but you hopefully get the point....and I know it's a lot easier to say than actually to do (successfully)!!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (6 February 2014)

  18. #13
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    The best advice I can give is to try and understand how visitors are arriving at your site...and build calls to action which might appeal to them.
    They are very simplistic examples but you hopefully get the point....and I know it's a lot easier to say than actually to do (successfully)!!
    When i start working on this website on first months ( 6 month ) i did not understand nothing about SEO and other things related with ranking, geotargeting, and many small things, but with big diference.....

    Today after near 1 year ( second half of 2013 i worked more ) i have an AGV of position refering to google webmaster from 2 to 6 or 7 for most of keywords and looking for online casino in Albania sure is not same as looking for same product in England or i dont know, because of language.

    The missing convertions are not coming because my site do not rank but because Online Gambling Area here in Albania is very informal, without serious and reputable information, so my mission is to create this portal where every visitor can find trusted information in what is gambling online, how they can play, how they can deposit, where are licensed this companies, how serious and legal is this activity and many other things.
    I have registered customers but not depositing customer, and this come for many reasons but first of all we are a poor country, second, only this 2 last years Albanians know what is a credit card, because they do not understand the process, third most of intelligent people are young and they do not have a job and a credit card to play online, etc etc
    And it is not a surprise that my first depositors are Albanians living abroad, and exactly living on UK and Australia, maybe i have those who live in Germany also.

    When i was player before doing affiliates i did not search in albanian for playing at online casinos but i start on how to make money online ( english search ) then i buy a PDF ( 10 $ ) where someone like us suggest to me to profit from online casinos, so then i learn english, ( albanian players dont understand very well english ) and then ended up playing online, then i stop that and i start this .......

    So albanian visitors still are not sure what they want until i suggest to them to try this and this and this, offering all posible products, but for sure i am still not expert, i am still missing thousand things in this great job.

    Thank you again for your suggestion

  19. #14
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 243 Times in 195 Posts

    Default

    It seems to me that you have put a lot of thought and effort in, my friend. That normally pays off somewhere down the line, and I hope it does for you.

    Yes, it did occur to me that money may be a problem in Albania...but I didn't want to say that based on my very small knowledge of your country!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (8 February 2014)

  21. #15
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    My country is small but very beautiful, Albania was 50 years on communism and on 1990 we change sistem and now we are living FREE but just for members curiousity the AVG of salary here in albania in most of official jobs is 300 Euro, so everyone could imagine what kind of results can produce this economic situation on gambling area , anyway i work beliving that one day we will be a better country

  22. #16
    pariurisportive is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Hi kazinoportal , good luck with your work!

    I can tell you from my own experience that being early in the process is very important in a local market, even if in the early years nothing spectacular will happen.

    Also 2 suggestions:
    - get a local domain name (.al) and local servers - could help with the new SEO requirements
    - try to focus more - you can't have all gambling in one website and hope it will work for all. Try to see what is the most popular in Albania (I guess betting will be a possible suggestion) and hit on that.

    Also do not underestimate people outside Albania that speak the language and are looking for relevant info.




  23. The Following User Says Thank You to pariurisportive For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (8 February 2014)

  24. #17
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pariurisportive View Post
    Hi kazinoportal , good luck with your work!

    - try to focus more - you can't have all gambling in one website and hope it will work for all. Try to see what is the most popular in Albania (I guess betting will be a possible suggestion) and hit on that.

    Also do not underestimate people outside Albania that speak the language and are looking for relevant info.



    Thank you for your suggestion, it is like you say, albanians like sport and i need to focus on that

  25. #18
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 243 Times in 195 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazinoportal View Post
    My country is small but very beautiful, Albania was 50 years on communism and on 1990 we change sistem and now we are living FREE but just for members curiousity the AVG of salary here in albania in most of official jobs is 300 Euro, so everyone could imagine what kind of results can produce this economic situation on gambling area , anyway i work beliving that one day we will be a better country
    I think a lot of people who read this will get a better understanding of the task involved in building an Albanian site and making it work, all credit to you for the attempt, Kazinoportal.

    Well GPWA community, maybe there is a challenge here.....

    There are already some good suggestions on what to do on page - How to get some links for an Albanian language casino site would be a good help as well. Clearly the principles are the same (or similar) as for any other sites...but maybe someone has some specific ideas?

    Maybe someone has a site or page they've already had translated into multiple languages, and needs Albanian for the full house in exchange for a link?

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (9 February 2014)

  27. #19
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 243 Times in 195 Posts

    Default

    A few suggestions about home page and structure...

    On your home page:

    title translates to ....Play online gambling - games with fruit - casino games - apex - admiral What does apex and admiral mean? are they useful words to an Albanian searcher?

    description ....We offer a full range of products to the online gambling games. Fruit slot games, poker and bingo sports pool



    So on the description this is 20 words...think about adding 5 more, I think Google will normally display around 25 words (or a certain number of characters)


    And what do Albanian searchers enter when they want to read about casino games?

    Do they search for ''kasino portal''?

    If they do, you should try to have those two words in the heading and the description.

    Example:

    Heading Kasino Portal - Learn About Casino Games....

    Description Easy to read Kasino portal guide for Albanian players. Learn how to play casino games including fruit slot games, poker, sports, and bingo.


    You see the words 'learn to' They are action words, you are telling the searcher they may get something useful from your site. If they saw two different sites in search results, yours might be the one they click on because it has a better title/description than the other. 'Easy to read' might tell them they are not going to have to work too hard to understand it.


    Try and put yourself in the mind of someone searching Google...and write page title/description to try and tell them they will find the info they want on your site...and then make sure you do that in the content.

    I know you said it's difficult because Albanian searchers may not actually know what they really want...but you see my point. Try and think of the best way to describe in a way to attract them.
    Last edited by chaumi; 9 February 2014 at 6:13 am. Reason: extra info

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (9 February 2014)

  29. #20
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thank you Chaumi, the "learn how to", is a great idea, and i will try to improve this, because this is what i am missing, because i learn english by my self, i learn how to build a website all by my self, no teacher, only reading and videos and for sure good people like you who learn to me, which means for me a big appreciation.

    My best regards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •