Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 671 Posts

Default Skrill - bank withdrawal requests made after 20/09/2019

GBP bank withdrawal requests made after 20/09/2019 are currently being processed. There will be a short-term delay of a few days in receiving your payment and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Anybody got bank wire transfers from Skrill after 20/09/19?

I made withdrawal request 20/09/19. Money gone from Skrill balance
    but not yet arrived to my bank. Usualy it takes 1-3 working days.

Usualy i got 2 emails from Skrill

1. Withdrawal confirmation
    2. Bank wire transer start

This time i got only "Withdrawal confirmation". So as i think Skrill don't sent money yet. This is the largest delay as i remember.

BTW: Yesterday i cancel my Skrill Prepaid card. Somebody try to made transaction for 50GBP. Thanks God i have only EUR 8 at my account at this moment.

I used my Skrill Prepaid Card very rare. Only at booking.com, domain registrar and for air tickets. Several times i use it for cash withdraw in ATM.

So i am not sure of course, but several days ago Skrill have technical problems. So i strongly recommended for all to check they Skrill Prepaid Card transactions history.

I hope that is all ok with Skrill, but this technical problems several days ago, this bank wire transfers delay...To be honest i am not sure that somebody don't hack the Skrill. I will be happy if i mistake.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight Cat For This Useful Post:

AmyWilson (16 November 2019), Sherlock (29 September 2019)

PokCas is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just wait a couple of days and it will reach you. No need to panic.

Nenad is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I truly don't believe that someone can hack the Skrill, but again you never know!
    I also think that there is no need for panic, and in couple of days it will be sorted out.

eenzoo is online now Private Member
    Thanks

The last cashout was initiated at 23th Sept. and money hit my bank account 24th ... as quick as usual.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

Moonlight Cat (30 September 2019)

Topboss is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I requested a withdrawal on Thursday and the funds came into my Bank account today. Also as quick as usual

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is good that somebody get they money from Skrill fast. I and some other affiliates have another situation. Today i talked with Skrill support by phone. They tell me that my money still not send yet (11 days after withdraw request). And they don't know when they will send it. They reasons: "Some technical problems".

Thanks

For me it’s probably the last month. Now my MC has expired and my old neighbor in CZ was not able to catch the new one. Means didn’t changed account address to Thailand. Meanwhile i could change all major commission payments to wire or btc ... which i have to change again if its worth zero next year

Any operators outside who paying in physical Gold or Silver?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eenzoo View Post
    For me it’s probably the last month. Now my MC has expired and my old neighbor in CZ was not able to catch the new one. Means didn’t changed account address to Thailand. Meanwhile i could change all major commission payments to wire or btc ... which i have to change again if its worth zero next year

Any operators outside who paying in physical Gold or Silver?
    You may open bank account in Thailand and add to Skrill as second bank account. I have the same. Two bank accounts on skrill (Russian and Thai Bank). And you no need to change address. Only send letter to Skrill that you live in Thailand (passport photo with visa).

Skrill > Thai bank account > Withdraw by ATM (no 220 THB Fee)

Thanks

That is my point. I cant send income from 2019 to Thailand in 2019 or I would lose my tax exemption. I cashout to Paysera and send all once a year to Kasikorn.

But anyway, Skill is fine with a heavy account in Thailand but not willing to issue a card?
    Last edited by eenzoo; 30 September 2019 at 7:59 am.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eenzoo View Post
    But anyway, Skill is fine with a heavy account in Thailand but not willing to issue a card?
    I had card, but several days ago i cancel it. Somebody try to make fraud transaction.

I am not sure, that i am understand question (sorry, my poor English), but yes. Skrill allow to have 2 bank account for me in different countries. But about card. I cancel my card, and i am not sure that Skrill send new to me. They change rules again and now again not send cards to Russian citizens. This rules every time change.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight Cat For This Useful Post:

Vargoso (30 November 2019)

Thanks

Yeah, that's the point I meant. Actually, it's not possible to get a card as a Thailand resident. The T&C are clear: Skrill card is only available to residents of authorized European Economic Area (EEA) countries.

That's the reason that i don't change my address in my Skrill account for 2 years. And ofc I can't activate the new card which was sent to the old/wrong address. No idea what they will do with my account if the card returns.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

Moonlight Cat (1 October 2019)

tufty is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nenad View Post
    I truly don't believe that someone can hack the Skrill
    Yeah, coz nobody ever hacked a bank! The rubbish ones like Skrill are impregnable.

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,830 Posts

Maybe I understand something wrong here, but anyone can/could add bank accounts from any countries regardless of residence. So I have in my Skrill bank accounts from German, Swiss, Slovak, GB and other countries. I do not use them all, because nowadays they always convert money to the native currency of country of the bank and that is a steal.

Taxes have nothing to do with some address on bank account or Skrill. You have to pay taxes where you have a domicile. Fot example if you have some address in CZ (even official residency), but you live in TH, you have to pay the taxes in TH.

And also yes, it is normal that cards can be added just from EU. The prepaid card is simply licensed just for EU. IT is not "their" card, it is some 3rd party whitelabel solution.

Bottom line there is no reason to change the CZ address at Skrill. Just send another card for 10 EUR to someone else.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

tufty is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Taxes have nothing to do with some address on bank account or Skrill. You have to pay taxes where you have a domicile. Fot example if you have some address in CZ (even official residency), but you live in TH, you have to pay the taxes in TH.
    This is true, but I think it is something you may end up arguing with your own tax authorities about if there was an investigation. I have looked at this myself. I am in UK. If I spend a year in a tax haven with zero tax, it would be best that no earnings during that time go via the UK. Yes, you could argue you are still not domicile in UK, but it is too close to home and they may argue that income that hit a UK bank account during that time ought to be taxed in UK and what you are doing is a sham. Just best to keep it all separate. In my case Skrill is even a UK based company so that would make me thing twice about using them during that time.

If you are in CZ then it may be better if you can change the skrill address to a friend in another EU country.

Just send another card for 10 EUR to someone else.
    Do you mean that with skrill you can get a second card for a friend to use? Or something else?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Sure thing, what I meant, I cant cashout Skrill every week to my Thai bank account (how Moonlight Cat said). I would lose the biggest benefits as a Thai resident.

Expat + No Thai based income + every money you transfer into the kingdom is from the previous fiscal year = Zero taxes

Thanks

So, if I understand you, you play the tax system by moving each year to a new country, instead of staying under 180 days a year in one country and then moving elsewhere (IMO is better to stay under 180 days, because then you are nonresident anywhere and you can stay nearly whole year as well if it is 179+179 days).

But if you do this why do not you make many bank accounts, where you would be sending money via wire and each of them would be used for one year and cashed out the next year? I do not think you need to look for gold payouts.

Thanks

Naaa you got me wrong with the residence. We live in Thailand for 280+ days a year. Thailand taxes its residents and citizens on a territorial basis, meaning that income derived from outside The Kingdom is not taxed, provided that they are not remitted to the country the first year since they are earned. I can run the show with a bloody offshore IBC without trouble and I stay 100% LEGAL tax-free in TH. But for sure I cant keep serious money for a year on my Skrill.

Thanks

Then it is quite a funny system in Thailand. The remittance condition wtf.
    But you can keep the money on a bank account out of Thailand for a year right? You can have 2 bank accounts for odd and even years. And keep withdrawing there from Skrill.

Azureus is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Yes that is a pretty good setup and I imagine it attracts a lot of Germans and other westerners. Not everyone goes to Thailand for ladyboys lol.

By the way a very similar system works in Malta (local income 35%, foreign remitted income 15%, foreign non-remitted income 0%) and I think one more Central American country. Basically live in that country, earn some money in 2019, and either wait or just send money to account anywhere else than that country and use a card for your needs. This is 100% legit and it can be actually better than "perpetual traveller" which is somewhat gray area.

Here is a nice table:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...on#Individuals

By the way I checked the same table last year and today I was shocked by the change in Hungary... it has become a totalitarian hell alongside Eritrea and USA

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Azureus For This Useful Post:

Sherlock (1 October 2019)

Thanks

In Central and South America there are plenty of countries with zero foreign income tax with some cap of years (3-5), then there are countries with zero foreign income tax forever and lastly countries with zero tax ever.

I think the totalitarian list will just go on. Hungary is probably nearly the same case as Portugal or Italy, because they have treaties will most "normal states", so they tax just the tax havens. I guess this is not possible to enforce. The banks do not report the income back to country of the passport holder unless you are from USA.

Perpetual traveller is tricky if done wrong. If done like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpet...er#Flag_theory with permanent residence in tax haven, then it is bulletproof. The minimum is if your origin and passport is country A and you live, work and travel in B, C, D, E.... then you must get permanent residence in Z, where Z has zero income tax. Now everything is switched to banks. If you persuade your bank that you are tax resident of Z, the income is reported to IRS of Z (or even is not reported, if the Z is not part of the bank exchange network, which is by zero tax country still probable). Countries A...Y are not informed about anything and they have no incentive to go after you, because you have zero income and you are just a tourist there (except A, where you should be careful not to own anything) and they go after people with some income.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast