WhatxD is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Skybet Affiliate Hub - 5% to 25% Experiences

Like a lot of people who weren't invested with them too heavily, I binned Skybet off completely when they introduced the 5% unless you send 6 players per month BS in 2015.

Now, I get a 100 payment from them every 3 months or so.

However, this month already, a rather large sum has come in from an old player and I'm tempted to temporarily send them traffic to get the 6 players, at which point I will remove them again immediately.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this over the past year and whether or not Sky were OK with paying them.

What I really wouldn't want is for them to turn around and say something along the lines of:

"we can see that you've only started promoting us again in light of the large revenue for the month and seen as how you've only sent us the bear minimum, we would like to see a greater push from you in order to trigger the 25%"

Anyone with any experiences they could share would be much appreciated.

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhatxD View Post
    Like a lot of people who weren't invested with them too heavily, I binned Skybet off completely when they introduced the 5% unless you send 6 players per month BS in 2015.

However, this month already, a rather large sum has come in from an old player and I'm tempted to temporarily send them traffic to get the 6 players, at which point I will remove them again immediately.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this over the past year and whether or not Sky were OK with paying them.

What I really wouldn't want is for them to turn around and say something along the lines of:

"we can see that you've only started promoting us again in light of the large revenue for the month and seen as how you've only sent us the bear minimum, we would like to see a greater push from you in order to trigger the 25%"

I don't see why there should be any problem with what you propose. I've done it fine before. If they want to bring in quotas then they shouldn't be surprised when people fulfil the quota as and when it suits them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (4 January 2017)

Scampi is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Skybet have proved themselves to be untrustworthy, but if you've earned yourself a large sum on a pathetic 5%, it is probably well worth trying to get to the 25%.

MattPrice is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhatxD View Post

I expect most people will deem me untrustworthy but I thought it worth saying that if you hit the quota, you will receive the higher rate of commission as stated in the terms. Affiliates who do still work with us can hopefully vouch for this.

To put it in context the quota system is administered automatically. So, as soon as you hit the required amount your commission will automatically increase in the system. It's not a case of me or any other team member making a decision based on your account status.

TheGameHunter is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I understand why affiliate programs are flirting with the method but I think it is extremely unfair. Especially to affiliates who promote big events like the Grand National or World Cup, We deliver big numbers for one or two months and then its almost impossible to meet the monthly new player target and you start to lose revenue.

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameHunter View Post
    I understand why affiliate programs are flirting with the method but I think it is extremely unfair. Especially to affiliates who promote big events like the Grand National or World Cup, We deliver big numbers for one or two months and then its almost impossible to meet the monthly new player target and you start to lose revenue.
    Exactly. Programs like Sky don't care about that, it's nothing more than a land grab. Those players were sent by you and are still earning them full revenue so why you should then get a measly 5% is just ridiculous.

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattPrice View Post
    I expect most people will deem me untrustworthy but I thought it worth saying that if you hit the quota, you will receive the higher rate of commission as stated in the terms. Affiliates who do still work with us can hopefully vouch for this.

To put it in context the quota system is administered automatically. So, as soon as you hit the required amount your commission will automatically increase in the system. It's not a case of me or any other team member making a decision based on your account status.
    Please. I just had breakfast.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

MattPrice (12 January 2017)

PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Anyone who has decided to drop Skybet, or isn't getting their 6 per month please drop me a PM. We will buy your account from you.