Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 301
  1. #221
    oldfaithful is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Whilst Flicking Channels at Half Time of Football last night i watched a bit of Watchdog (UK). Would this be something they might be tempted to take on ? Would save having to fork out on Legal Costs maybe.
    Work Hard and you will get the Rewards

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfaithful For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (20 November 2015), Triple7 (20 November 2015)

  3. #222
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 512 Times in 298 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfaithful View Post
    Whilst Flicking Channels at Half Time of Football last night i watched a bit of Watchdog (UK). Would this be something they might be tempted to take on ? Would save having to fork out on Legal Costs maybe.
    Not sure its really a consumer issue?
    Could see if Panorama fancy it

  4. #223
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 340 Times in 208 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfaithful View Post
    Whilst Flicking Channels at Half Time of Football last night i watched a bit of Watchdog (UK). Would this be something they might be tempted to take on ? Would save having to fork out on Legal Costs maybe.
    I image most of the show would be be spent explaining affiliate marketing shortly before our competitors quadrupled

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JackTenSuited For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (20 November 2015), justbookies (20 November 2015), RacingJim (20 November 2015), Triple7 (22 November 2015)

  6. #224
    BetSmartUK's Avatar
    BetSmartUK is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 31 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    I image most of the show would be be spent explaining affiliate marketing shortly before our competitors quadrupled
    How about Judge Rinder ? ITV are looking for new cases. Same problem.

    http://www.itv.com/beontv/shows/judge-rinder

  7. #225
    suffolkpoker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    I image most of the show would be be spent explaining affiliate marketing shortly before our competitors quadrupled
    Its not like affiliate marketing is a super secret.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to suffolkpoker For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 November 2015)

  9. #226
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 340 Times in 208 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suffolkpoker View Post
    Its not like affiliate marketing is a super secret.
    It's no secret but the vast majority of the public have no idea what it is

  10. #227
    suffolkpoker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    It's no secret but the vast majority of the public have no idea what it is
    I dissagree 98% know brands like compare the market and go compare.
    End of the day it's one type of online marketing, hell there was even a Hollywood block buster on affiliate marketing.

    Most people don't understand how it works, and trying to explain to a non tech person is hard work.

  11. #228
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 299 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suffolkpoker View Post
    Most people don't understand how it works, and trying to explain to a non tech person is hard work.
    Probably because you are explaining it in a technical way Why not say that you make recommendations about where people can (whatever you want), and you are paid commission for successful referrals.

    I think most people could understand that.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to nwalker For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 November 2015)

  13. #229
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    Most people don't have a clue and actually get annoyed when they find out how it all really works and that there are commissions changing hands for what they thought were impartial recommendations, that or they see pound signs and try and do something themselves.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (22 November 2015)

  15. #230
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    26,789
    Thanks
    1,822
    Thanked 7,655 Times in 4,831 Posts

    Default

    I think the sad part is that people open their inbox every single day of their lives and see scamming affiliates spamming affiliate links and they do not understand that they are affiliates and they always automatically assume it is the brands sending the spam.

    This is mostly because the from sender said "Walmart" or "Kohls" or "Sears" or "Name any brand" when in reality it is some affiliate sending spam worldwide hiding behind an ip in some other part of the world.

    I do think overall more people understand more that advertising on websites is often commissioned or at least purchased in some way. Sure some people may still think that reviews are more un-biased, but many recent cases that have gone viral about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media "stars" have disclosed that the reviews they originally claimed were un-biased were always about the money. (I used the word stars kinda loosely as I never thought most of them deserved the status they had acheived, but many did have followings of tens of thousands and more)

    Rick
    Universal4

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 November 2015), Roulette Zeitung (4 September 2017)

  17. #231
    KasinoKing's Avatar
    KasinoKing is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Hastings by the sea - England
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 102 Times in 54 Posts

    Default

    Back on topic: How many others are enjoying their MASSIVE 5% commission for November?

    I was so excited to get mine, that I almost slashed my own wrists...

    KK
    Slots Addict, Golf Lover & Webmaster.
    KasinoKing.co.uk : All the best casinos on the internet today (and Sky Vegas).
    Rival Gaming Slots : Slots info and Welcome Bonuses sorted from Best to Worst.
    Slot Beaters : Slots Strategies, Statistics, Reel Layouts & Best Bonuses.

  18. #232
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,060
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KasinoKing View Post
    Back on topic: How many others are enjoying their MASSIVE 5% commission for November?

    I was so excited to get mine, that I almost slashed my own wrists...

    KK
    Criminal if you ask me...

    Are things progressing with taking these ass hats to court?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Roulette Zeitung (4 September 2017)

  20. #233
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 299 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Criminal if you ask me...

    Are things progressing with taking these ass hats to court?
    I doubt if anyone is going to take legal action and I'll tell you why I think that.

    Those affiliates that breeze through the quotas each month aren't affected by them so it's not worth it for them. They'll just carry on as is.

    The affiliates that struggle to meet the quotas won't as it will be too expensive for them and not worth the time and effort for the few hundred it will cost them a month. They will suck it up each month or stop working with them all together.

    The hope of some affiliates banding together to do something won't happen. There is no one that wants to do anything badly enough to lead the action.

    At the end of the day, whatever result there may be, Sky has the right to terminate the agreement with affiliates, so even if there is an affiliate win, Sky could just end the partnership and get the players that way.

    It's a lose / lose situation.

    Only the outside chance of some benefactor coming along to take Sky to court and getting a precedent set so others don't follow suit.

    I hope I'm wrong and someone is doing something.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  21. #234
    colin3005 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 196 Times in 97 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    I doubt if anyone is going to take legal action and I'll tell you why I think that.

    Those affiliates that breeze through the quotas each month aren't affected by them so it's not worth it for them. They'll just carry on as is.

    The affiliates that struggle to meet the quotas won't as it will be too expensive for them and not worth the time and effort for the few hundred it will cost them a month. They will suck it up each month or stop working with them all together.

    The hope of some affiliates banding together to do something won't happen. There is no one that wants to do anything badly enough to lead the action.

    At the end of the day, whatever result there may be, Sky has the right to terminate the agreement with affiliates, so even if there is an affiliate win, Sky could just end the partnership and get the players that way.

    It's a lose / lose situation.

    Only the outside chance of some benefactor coming along to take Sky to court and getting a precedent set so others don't follow suit.

    I hope I'm wrong and someone is doing something.
    There won't have been any breach until the 15th working day of this month, so no one could start any action until after that point.
    Them terminating a contract after a threat of court action without any other reason would not look good in court.
    I stand by what i said earlier in the thread

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colin3005 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (2 December 2015), justbookies (2 December 2015), nwalker (2 December 2015), Roulette Zeitung (4 September 2017)

  23. #235
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 299 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colin3005 View Post
    There won't have been any breach until the 15th working day of this month, so no one could start any action until after that point.
    Them terminating a contract after a threat of court action without any other reason would not look good in court.
    I stand by what i said earlier in the thread
    Apologies, I forget you had said that.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to nwalker For This Useful Post:

    colin3005 (2 December 2015)

  25. #236
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    2,000
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Criminal if you ask me...

    Are things progressing with taking these ass hats to court?
    Nope. Affiliates that hardly get 6 Sky NDP's a month, just drop them. Bigger affiliates that easily reach 6 NDP's a month, do not care about this and so nothing happens...

    Sky knows that an average affiliate doesn't take them to court.

    If someone does: respect. That's a good thing in this case to see what judge says about this SkyThieves.

  26. #237
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Nope. Affiliates that hardly get 6 Sky NDP's a month, just drop them. Bigger affiliates that easily reach 6 NDP's a month, do not care about this and so nothing happens...

    Sky knows that an average affiliate doesn't take them to court.

    If someone does: respect. That's a good thing in this case to see what judge says about this SkyThieves.
    trouble is it isn't that I dont care but I have a large amount of players there and dont want to risk losing that by taking direct legal action against sky bet over something that at the moment hasn't effected me, Im not saying it wont in the future but that is my position now

  27. #238
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    The 6 a month thing affects anyone who can't 100% guarantee their traffic. that is a LOT of affiliates affected. I know as an example, the bookies offers, is a very stable top 10 site for 'free bets' etc so you can stick them high up your page for a bit, get the signups and then put them back down, but if you're more reliant on smaller phrases, long-tails or specific niche angles etc then you might have less wiggle room, it might take a smaller affiliate 10 days (or even a whole month!) of Sky bet being in their best positions before they get the 6 depositing signups they need.

    For whatever reason, Sky bet just doesn't work for me in terms of signup numbers, other affliate programs have far better click to signup ratios and profitable customers.

    It's definitely that weird position, the big people will carry on to secure their player base, the 'little guys' (I say that with tongue firmly in cheek here!) just let it be, take the 5% and prioritise the sites that do best for them.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (2 December 2015), Triple7 (2 December 2015)

  29. #239
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    2,000
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    I understand TBO's point of view. I also think that big affiliates are having or perhaps even are able to require some guarantee if one month by bad luck they do not have enough NDP's to qualify for their normal rev share. They're having a customized deal, I suppose.

    This especially is hurting smaller affiliates who do not have enough power to throw these points from the negotiation table... The ones with a player database @ Skybet but not big enough...
    Last edited by Triple7; 2 December 2015 at 5:11 pm.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (2 December 2015), Roulette Zeitung (4 September 2017)

  31. #240
    colin3005 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 196 Times in 97 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    This especially is hurting smaller affiliates who do not have enough power to throw these points from the negotiation table... The ones with a player database @ Skybet but not big enough...
    That would be me

    It doesn't cost much to start a small claim, assuming one has a good knowledge of contract law and doesn't need a solicitor

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to colin3005 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (2 December 2015), justbookies (3 December 2015), Roulette Zeitung (4 September 2017), thebookiesoffers (2 December 2015), TheGooner (2 December 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •