With so many choices - who do I promote?
With so many casino choices you cannot possibly promote them all. Its important, especially when starting out since your traffic may be scarce, to promote the right casinos or you may never see a dime.
Here are some questions I ask myself when deciding who I should promote.
1) Would I play here.... This question is not as easy as it sounds. Different things appeal to different visitors. Some are taken in by flashy sites, some hate them. Some look for accreditation and auditing. Some could care less as long as they have their favorite slot machine. Something with broad appeal,accreditation, and recognized software is your best bet.
2) Would I stay there.... Yes, sure, I may play a casino to try it out but would I stay there and keep depositing? Things that retain players would likely be great gameplay, comp program, regular contests and giveaways, excellent (not good) excellent customer service and quick redemption of bonus money.
3) How will they treat me....READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SIGNING UP. If you noticed I put that in caps. :LOL: . The T&C is where you will most likely get an idea of how they will treat you. A few things you should look out for are -
a) minimum payout to webmaster. If the casino says they only pay out $500 and over and you are just starting out. Dont bother. It will be forever before you see your first payment.
b) OUT CLAUSES for the casino. Most casinos let you keep your players for the life of the players account. But some may cancel your webmasters account for non activity. Causing you to lose all the revenue you might have recieved from the players that stay at that casino.
c) Email response. Do they answer your email? Some affiliate programs wont even open your mail if its not from a recognized affiliate. Testing this is easy when your new as they probably have no idea who you are. Send them an email asking a question and see how long it take them to answer you. If they dont.. you can bet they wont when they owe you money either.
this is by no means all the factors I use when choosing a casino to promote but is simply meant to be a catalyst to inspire other webmasters to add to this post.
Appropriately this section of the forums is called Freshman Forum. This is one of the few sections accesible to all webmasters including those who have not launched their portal yet. If I was just starting out this would be the most important information I could possibly have. I spent months promoting the WRONG casinos before a friend gave me the lowdown. IT would have saved me alot of time.
Sports Betting Affilate Programs
Excellent topic here. On the sports betting end, the consensus from all the postings I've read in different webmaster forums seems to be that the sports betting affiliate programs are moderately successful at best in terms of profits for the portal site. Nevertheless, we are experimenting with ways of promoting them to see if we can't figure out some formula that works. We are currently working with BML Sports, VIP Sports, and and MVP Sportsbook. Does anyone have any input on them, or other sports books, good or bad?