Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    LazyRiver's Avatar
    LazyRiver is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default So where does your traffic land...?

    Hi,
    this is the dilemma I am having since the day I started with my websites. Where should the aff link direct to?
    1. casino's home page
    2. casino's registration page / box

    First one lets the potential player look around, get a feeling for the casino and make up his mind. Second one forces the player to register - or get annoyed and leave.

    I personally hate landing myself on registration pages when I look for services on-line. Then again, it's all about converting our traffic...

    I was wondering what's your take on this one?

  2. #2
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,804
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 614 Posts

    Default

    On the casino registration page seems too aggressive. I've done it a long time ago and had negative impact on the conversions. I'd go with the home page and let the casino's website itself convert the customer. Of course no two websites are the same, nor traffic, so be sure to test it out first.

  3. #3
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyRiver View Post


    I personally hate landing myself on registration pages when I look for services on-line. Then again, it's all about converting our traffic...
    said it yourself, not many people are going to signup to a site without browisng it and reading up on it first.

  4. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    491
    Thanked 731 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I'd go with the home page over the signup page, however, you're normally best directing them to where they want to be. Say you have a page on Blackjack with a banner or link on it, when clicked on, the player is going to feel more benefit being redirected to the casino site's blackjack page than anywhere else.

  5. #5
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Definately not the registration page, you've won the players trust as they've clicked your link, why take them to a registration page that could scare them off?

    And for the most part I don't fully trust the tracking on many landing pages nor do I trust that if a players registers through the casino's free games page that I will get credited, so linking to the free games page is out.

    I link to the home page unless its a landing page for an exclusive bonus or specific bonus.

  6. #6
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,266
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 652 Posts

    Default

    Drives me nuts when a casino pushes me to send traffic to a landing page, and it doesn't include easy links to the casino's homepage and other important info pages, ie. banking, bonus t&c.

    Right now, I've got Go Wild pushing a totally incomplete Playboy landing page, no links to the main site or banking or t&c, unless you want to redirect the visitor via a mobile phone landing page. Bleugh.

  7. #7
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    It depends. General pages with quick clicks = homepage or a promotional landing page.

    Reviews almost always convert better with the signup page.

    Theoretically, you have captured their interest to learn more or see for themselves if they're clicking from one of your general pages. If clicking from the review, you've sold them and they want to sign up now.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (24 August 2013), LazyRiver (26 August 2013)

  9. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,682
    Thanks
    2,789
    Thanked 8,280 Times in 5,245 Posts

    Default

    A couple of good points made. We actually debated this some years ago and I remember having a pretty thorough discussion with Ben about this on the phone.

    At the time we debated a series of landing pages by the blaster guys and it took quite a bit of convincing to get them to add links back to the home pages of the sites. They had created a bunch of landing pages for specific games, blackjack, roulette, craps etc. Upon arrival the visitor could either #A download the software, #B leave.

    A few people had told me that at the time they did ok with some of the pages, but during our discussions we realized that the effectiveness of the landing pages was directly related to how "sold" the visitor was before he landed. (that is fairly true of any visitor we send)

    Personally I stuck with sending visitors to the home page until we finally convinced them to add links back to their home pages.

    Now getting groups to understand advertsing a slots bonus on a blackjack page is not cool is another debate, but I will always choose a home page landing unless targeted to a specific game or theme or bonus, but never if the visitor can not get to the home page so they can read about the bonuses and read the terms.

    Rick
    Universal4

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (25 August 2013), FictionNet (24 August 2013)

  11. #9
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    A few people had told me that at the time they did ok with some of the pages, but during our discussions we realized that the effectiveness of the landing pages was directly related to how "sold" the visitor was before he landed. (that is fairly true of any visitor we send)
    I think the landing page has got to look complete or it could scare the visitor off. I like them to really be like the home page with the promotions tab, banking tab etc.. perhaps its incorrect thinking but I just assume if I don't like it or trust it others won't.

  12. #10
    bauss's Avatar
    bauss is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I only advertise poker rooms, and I send my players to the home page of the poker site, and I also provide a link where they can download the software in one click on some pages.
    Join my poker forum, and be welcomed with open arms by our poker community.

  13. #11
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 509 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    What do you guys think about using a direct download link without stating it is a download link. For instance click here to claim you bonus, but the link would take the visitor to a download, does everyone think that is too aggressive?

  14. #12
    bauss's Avatar
    bauss is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgarf76 View Post
    What do you guys think about using a direct download link without stating it is a download link. For instance click here to claim you bonus, but the link would take the visitor to a download, does everyone think that is too aggressive?
    Yes that's too aggressive, and I'd be annoyed if I clicked on a link like that, because I like to check out sites before downloading. You could experiment with it though, and see if it helps with conversions.

    I wouldn't do that on my own site, because I don't like tricking my users. Especially since a large majority of my players are users that are joining poker rooms to support my community.
    Join my poker forum, and be welcomed with open arms by our poker community.

  15. #13
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,682
    Thanks
    2,789
    Thanked 8,280 Times in 5,245 Posts

    Default

    I agree also with that.

    Many times I have seen where programs go to a lot of trouble to create decent looking landing pages but then they will screw them up and have every single link start the download often at the same time as not providing any links to the home page, or like Edgar says they don't state it is a download link.

    I agree that clicking the link that says claim bonus or whatever may ultimately lead to a situation where the visitor has to download the software, but I also think download links need to be fairly clearly marked.

    It's a bit of a trade off, we are trying to get the software on to the visitors computer, but getting them to sign on the dotted line (fill out the form and submit it) is far more important in my opinion.

    Once they do that, by all means, let's ask for their wallet.... if they click a download link first, great let's ask them to sign up while the download is in progress, but holding their hand and being very clear on the process is also very important to a lot of visitors.

    Sure some very savvy players may come to the site presold and ready to throw their wallets at the casino, that's great, but those players are already looking for the sign up button or the download button when they arrive, but those very same players may also be looking for the promotions pages or the terms and conditions links, and they should be easy to find and read before we shove the download at them.


    Rick
    Universal4

    Disclaimer: Having been in sales of one form or another for more than 30 years, one should NEVER be afraid to ask for the wallet, the difficult part in face-to-face sales is determining whether to ask the woman or the man. If you guess wrong and ask the man and you see the womn suddenly put her hand over her purse, you know you just screwed up and asked the wrong one, since "she" controls the household money.

    And if you ask the woman and the man places his hand on his back pocket and you are not making eye contact with him you just blew it since he is gonna feel that you threatened his manhood because you placed too much emphasis on her power within the relationship.

    Of course most of that doesn't work the same way online, and since selling casino gambling is more of a private thing you only have to sell one at a time, but it is very similar to selling timeshares since you are selling a dream....lol
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  16. #14
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 509 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I agree also with that.

    Many times I have seen where programs go to a lot of trouble to create decent looking landing pages but then they will screw them up and have every single link start the download often at the same time as not providing any links to the home page, or like Edgar says they don't state it is a download link.

    I agree that clicking the link that says claim bonus or whatever may ultimately lead to a situation where the visitor has to download the software, but I also think download links need to be fairly clearly marked.

    It's a bit of a trade off, we are trying to get the software on to the visitors computer, but getting them to sign on the dotted line (fill out the form and submit it) is far more important in my opinion.

    Once they do that, by all means, let's ask for their wallet.... if they click a download link first, great let's ask them to sign up while the download is in progress, but holding their hand and being very clear on the process is also very important to a lot of visitors.

    Sure some very savvy players may come to the site presold and ready to throw their wallets at the casino, that's great, but those players are already looking for the sign up button or the download button when they arrive, but those very same players may also be looking for the promotions pages or the terms and conditions links, and they should be easy to find and read before we shove the download at them.


    Rick
    Universal4

    Disclaimer: Having been in sales of one form or another for more than 30 years, one should NEVER be afraid to ask for the wallet, the difficult part in face-to-face sales is determining whether to ask the woman or the man. If you guess wrong and ask the man and you see the womn suddenly put her hand over her purse, you know you just screwed up and asked the wrong one, since "she" controls the household money.

    And if you ask the woman and the man places his hand on his back pocket and you are not making eye contact with him you just blew it since he is gonna feel that you threatened his manhood because you placed too much emphasis on her power within the relationship.

    Of course most of that doesn't work the same way online, and since selling casino gambling is more of a private thing you only have to sell one at a time, but it is very similar to selling timeshares since you are selling a dream....lol
    I never looked at it as decieving the visitor. I have not been in sales for almost 20 years now. It takes about 5 no's to get a yes statistically. During the start of a presentation i have heard people ask if some feels comfortable and confident at the end are they planning to move forward. The reason is to hopefully get a yes but also to get the reflex no out of the way.

    When it comes to the internet, I do not know how to gently go through the process of giving a good "presentation". What I mean specifically is if I put a download link in, I am asking for the signature and also getting a reflex no out of the way, the way I was thinking about it. However there needs to be a smooth process so the buyer does not get buyers remorse, I think this is what you guys are refering to when you say the visitor going to the home page, promo page, TOS, ext...

    If a person is ready, willing, and able I want them to "sign the contact" but I also know that the bulldog agressive approach face to face turns people off. Versatility is key in sales IMO and I guess I am trying to find a way to adapt depending on the visitors buying patterns.

  17. #15
    AceOdds is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    I generally send visitors to the home page but do experiment occasionally and try to track any changes.

    One downside I've been thinking about with sending people to the homepage is how efficiently the bookmaker tracks the source of the signup. I imagine registration forms always track but am more dubious about the download & register in app conversion tracking. I've been meaning to investigate this once I have time, at-least with a html registration page the user doesn't get sidetracked as often into a non-tracked channel.
    https://www.signupbonuses.co.uk: New customer bonuses for casino, poker, sport and bingo sites.
    https://www.aceodds.com: Bet calculator for working out accumulator winnings, lucky 15 bets and more. Also try the android app.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOdds For This Useful Post:

    edgarf76 (25 August 2013)

  19. #16
    NorwegianViking is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I've tried a lot of different stuff and surprisingly maybe to some, sending visitors to the index page seems to work best. Unless you have a really good landing page about a specific, really nice offer, that could work too. I don't ever send anyone to anything else than those two, but generally, always to the index page (over 90 % of the time).

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NorwegianViking For This Useful Post:

    edgarf76 (25 August 2013)

  21. #17
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    What do you guys think about using a direct download link without stating it is a download link. For instance click here to claim you bonus, but the link would take the visitor to a download, does everyone think that is too aggressive?
    I think its a bad idea.

    I always use the download link in conjunction with the landing page link. I anchor the landing page link with Visit Casino and the dl link with Download Casino, although lately I've been experimenting with using "Install Casino".

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to slotplayer For This Useful Post:

    edgarf76 (25 August 2013)

  23. #18
    LazyRiver's Avatar
    LazyRiver is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    It depends. General pages with quick clicks = homepage or a promotional landing page.

    Reviews almost always convert better with the signup page.

    Theoretically, you have captured their interest to learn more or see for themselves if they're clicking from one of your general pages. If clicking from the review, you've sold them and they want to sign up now.
    I have to agree with that logic. Probably the best solution would be to wrap up a review site with two call-to-action buttons : "Visit the Casino" "Sign Up", where obviously the first one goes to HP, the other one to registration page.
    Thanks for this post!

  24. #19
    bonuscenter's Avatar
    bonuscenter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I think it depends.


    If you publish a very comprehensive review and your visitors trust you, then they can go directly to the registration page.


    If you try to send a visitor directly to register without providing enough information, it is likely that the visitor will be offended and consider your site as unsafe and unreliable.


    Particularly I do not use the registration pages as the first choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •