-
Spam problem
I don't know if this is the correct section but anyway, since today I'm starting to have spam problems. I have a site that right now I'm using for the only purpose of making a redirect. The problem is that since today I started to receive mass of spam email with username@mydomain.com. I don't kno what is this happening or how I can stop this. If anyone can give an advice I will appreciate it .
-
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Smoking
The problem is that many different users@mydomain.com are coming. In first place how it is posbible they can use my domain for an enmail. It is so strange in a couple of minutes I have like 20 spam emails.
-
oh not know it was your domain .please check to make sure they not listed in your host as emails ( if so u been hacked big time) if not they faking the email i would think
-
I was afraid that I was hacked,I send the information to the customer support(I'm using a plesk VPS in hostgator) and the only thing they said was to install a spam filter. I tried to installed but I couldn't do it. But I checked for stranges things in my accout and I see everything in order. Also I don't have any email registered with that domain.
-
strange I await other replies as i can not think of any other ways GL with it .
-
There anyone that can help me? I hope that there is no hacking happening in my account.
-
It sounds to me like it is a lot of mail coming in to your domain with invalid email addresses and your "catch-all" is placing all of them in your main account inbox.
If your main account is named "webmaster" "sales" "info" "tech" this problem will only get worse.
Besides a good solid spam filter, you may not have a choice but to dump the catch-all.
Some years ago I had to get rid of my webmaster@ accounts because I had a domain with this issue and by the time I dumped the accounts they were receiving over 6000 messages per day.
Rick
Universal4
-
Thanks for the advice, my problem is not really with a mail from sites, all the spam is arriving to a yahoo mail. The problem is that all the spam comes from an email with a domain of my property. For example I'm receiving a lot of different users(n+1)@mydomain.com And in that domain I don't have a site created neither an email. The support in hostgator until now hasn't be of any help.
-
you can check email source/headers for originating IPs then report to their ISP
-
Headers can be forged.....(something that should NEVER have been allowed as an industry standard for email server softeware).
Rick
Universal4
-
This may sound stupid, but have you changed your password already?
-
it was already solved it was a catch all