baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,412 Posts

Default Sports betting stats question

I thought i knew the answer to this, but after seeing my stats at a program now I'm not sure so I just wanted to get some clarification.

If a bet is placed on the 1st March and settled on the 2nd March, on which date does the revenue show up for in the stats?

I was assuming it would be on the settlement date, but something just happened that is making me think I might be wrong - when I checked yesterday the revenue at one program for the 8th was $300, however today the revenue for the 8th is now saying $40 which would imply that either the revenue is being applied at the time the bet is placed, or something weird is going on.

This particular program has crappy stats, so I don't have access to any more info...

Merci!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

Nick.RevenueJet is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

I believe it's supposed to show up on the 2nd but it depends on the affiliate program.
    Each program uses a different software so things can change from system to system.

JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I believe when the bet is settled it shows in your affiliate account as positive or negative, otherwise it could be open to abuse.

fkoerner is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It will definitely appear on your stats on the 2nd, when the bet is settled.

Just think of outright bets that are placed months or even years before the event.
    The outcome then can't affect historical affiliate stats of previous months or years ...

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification all, that's what I thought.

Which is making me suspicious about the program that made me ask the question. Time for some investigating methinks...

Louis - Income Access is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

There are some situations in which a bet which is settled can have the results changed later, as the result of a charge back, for example, or as the result of a bet being incorrectly settled and later being adjusted. Neither of these things happen very often, but in the context of thousands and thousands of bets being placed daily, it is definitely something that will happen from time to time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Louis - Income Access View Post
    There are some situations in which a bet which is settled can have the results changed later, as the result of a charge back, for example, or as the result of a bet being incorrectly settled and later being adjusted. Neither of these things happen very often, but in the context of thousands and thousands of bets being placed daily, it is definitely something that will happen from time to time.
    Thats a good point, thanks louis. One thing though, if a bet was adjusted after the original settle date would the original payout be adjusted or would it appear as an adjustment on the day of the change?

joshef is offline Public Member
    Thanks

In my opinion its depend on the system that you are using for betting. On net there are some sites which provide the online help to the bettor, so you can get answer from there.

p.arena is offline Former AM
    Thanks

The revenue should only show up when the bet has been settled and the result has been determined, rather than when the bet has been placed.
    Whether the bet wins or loses will determine how much revenue there is for the bet, so it should only show up after it is settled.
    If you notice your past figures change unexpectedly like this I would definitely recommend contacting your affiliate manager for an explanation.

Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Thanks

Depending on the aff software this programme uses, can you drill down to the play activity of individual players on different dates? That might help you determine whether this has been caused by a single transaction by a single player, i.e., Chargeback, bet resettlement, award of bonus etc etc, or whether the change in overall revenue has been spread over a number of players.

It may be that the only way to find out is with the help of an AM from this programme.

I notice that your original post was back in March - did you get any satisfactory solution to this?

Thanks

Yes it was resolved - it was to do with the player self-excluding and being removed from the stats (which in itself is annoying, why not just leave them there). The commissions were paid though, so that's ok (they said they would have paid them automatically even if I didn't point it out, but I guess we'll never know!).

lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Which program was it, out of interest?