Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    casinobutler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cool Swiss Online Casino Comparison site review

    Hi community

    I started a Swiss Casino Portal as a hobby last year. I have successfully built other affiliate websites, but this is my first one in gambling.

    Literally any feedback is appreciated. I consider myself a professional, but not an expert

    https://www.casinobutler.ch

    Looking forward to hearing some critical feedback.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    gm2891's Avatar
    gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 47 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Hi Casinobutler!

    Nice URL, by the way.

    I don't understand German, but if to look from the player's point of view, the site looks alright. However, there are two things that I would change:


    1. The "Gewinne einen Bonus" popup I would remove at all because I think it's pointless plus distract your visitors.

    Unless you have 10 million of them and don't mind to miss out 9.

    In case you like it and don't want to move it, then change the timing to 1min. or later.


    2. The FAQ box I would move to the bottom, instead of having it in the middle.


    And also I stuck here and can't get out:



  3. #3
    casinobutler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi!

    Thanks for the honest feedback.

    I was thinking about removing the popup already. However, I'd like to get newsletter subscribers and thought of this being a good solution to it. Anyway, I removed the popup for now. Maybe I find a better way of implementing it. Like on user action (when they really want to see that popup).

    Is there a specific reason why you would move the FAQ to the bottom?

    Thanks again and cheers!

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    27,653
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,839 Times in 4,942 Posts

    Default

    I also thought the popups were a bad experience.

    I recall reviewing this site the other day, and not only the center popup, but also the left slide out popup (which I see is now gone), and I got both of them on every single page I visited.

    If you decide to keep the popup, that is a personal choice, but forcing the visitor to see it on every single page load, will seriously hurt the traffic numbers in my opinion, as some will overlook it once or twice, but if it keeps coming back many will go to a site that doesn't have them and allow them to read the content without the interruptions.

    I also think the reviews could use a bit more content.

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. #5
    johan_s is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2020
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Very clean site. I like it and the logo is beatiful!
    I don’t understand German so I can’t give you my honest opinion on the content.
    Goos luck!
    Kiff Slots - Top South African ZAR Casinos
    playindia.casino - Best Indian Casinos Online
    nodepositslots.nz - No Deposit Slots New Zealand

  6. #6
    gm2891's Avatar
    gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 47 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobutler View Post
    Hi!

    Thanks for the honest feedback.

    I was thinking about removing the popup already. However, I'd like to get newsletter subscribers and thought of this being a good solution to it. Anyway, I removed the popup for now. Maybe I find a better way of implementing it. Like on user action (when they really want to see that popup).

    Is there a specific reason why you would move the FAQ to the bottom?

    Thanks again and cheers!

    I'm not a hardcore SEO reverse engineer who is able to go from your FAQ box back to Google's brain and understand how it perceives information on your site. But I think everything in the front end is based very much on logic and simple common sense.

    If you reckon that is the CORRECT and the most suitable place for the FAQ box according to your textual content logical sequence, that's fine!


    - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -

    Shame that Switzerland didn't win Eurovision Contest. I don't understand a word, but the song still blasting on my Bose headphones.

  7. #7
    MMM
    MMM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,299
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 563 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Nice site and colors.

    You need to optimize it a bit and speed it up.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  8. #8
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    612
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 255 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    I've not seen any evidence that there is an optimal place to put FAQ on a page (assuming it isn't a dedicated FAQ page), certainly many seem to place at the bottom.

    Since that update about 4-6 weeks ago (memory blurs)...where Google are able to pull out query answers from deeper in the content of a page....you might anticipate that placing at the bottom is fine...but more important (as always) are concise, accurate, and well presented answers.

    Maybe a consideration is crawl depth, but that is not my area of expertise (if indeed anything is

  9. #9
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,807
    Thanks
    8,644
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,703 Posts

    Default

    You've got a nice site for sure. I like how the red and white colors amalgamate together, and how in your logo, you've managed to make the letter u to look like a butler wearing a suit. It's creative. The other thing is that it says on your site "Tell it on! GPWA Verification", but this is only plain writing, and not the GPWA logo that I've seen on other sites, that can be clicked on to be verified.

  10. #10
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,760
    Thanks
    2,017
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,295 Posts

    Default

    The pop-up is annoying. It drives more people away from your website that it generates subscriptions for your newsletter.

  11. #11
    casinobutler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I also thought the popups were a bad experience.

    I recall reviewing this site the other day, and not only the center popup, but also the left slide out popup (which I see is now gone), and I got both of them on every single page I visited.

    If you decide to keep the popup, that is a personal choice, but forcing the visitor to see it on every single page load, will seriously hurt the traffic numbers in my opinion, as some will overlook it once or twice, but if it keeps coming back many will go to a site that doesn't have them and allow them to read the content without the interruptions.

    I also think the reviews could use a bit more content.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciated. I now removed all annoying popups

  12. #12
    casinobutler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gm2891 View Post
    I'm not a hardcore SEO reverse engineer who is able to go from your FAQ box back to Google's brain and understand how it perceives information on your site. But I think everything in the front end is based very much on logic and simple common sense.

    If you reckon that is the CORRECT and the most suitable place for the FAQ box according to your textual content logical sequence, that's fine!


    - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -

    Shame that Switzerland didn't win Eurovision Contest. I don't understand a word, but the song still blasting on my Bose headphones.
    I will leave the FAQ for now

    The Eurovision song is pretty good. Not my style however but it was a French song this year, neither I understand

  13. #13
    casinobutler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    You've got a nice site for sure. I like how the red and white colors amalgamate together, and how in your logo, you've managed to make the letter u to look like a butler wearing a suit. It's creative. The other thing is that it says on your site "Tell it on! GPWA Verification", but this is only plain writing, and not the GPWA logo that I've seen on other sites, that can be clicked on to be verified.
    Thank you! The GWPA Verification text was just for verification and has now been removed.

  14. #14
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    773
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 256 Times in 198 Posts

    Default

    Hello!

    A very good design, colors and UX.

    I would like to suggest work with casino reviews, add more content and bonuses at least to the casinos you have in main menu.

    But overall a very good job is done!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •