Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
  1. #41
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    1,952
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 682 Times in 400 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    Ok lads i dont want to get in to a row over this whatsoever and i mean nothing by it, just reporting on facts

    If the facts are wrong i am happy to come back and apologise

    But to say that South Africa is not a country with a high crime rate is wrong.

    Stats provided by the United Nations and Nationmaster among other sources clearly state that South Africa is one of the worlds worst countries for crime.

    Just type in sexual violence in south africa in wikipedia , read what that says and then look at all the sources at the bottom.

    If they are ALL wrong then i am wrong also.

    Also type in Crime in South Africa and read what that says and then refer to the restaurant association of South Africa and their own opinion on crime and how restaurants are targeted.

    Then look for quotes by your own ministers saying the police have a shoot tokill policy, i am sure he said shoot the bastards.

    So please dont have a pop at me, i am not making this stuff up, it is facts that i have read and reported on, and again if they are wrong i will stand corrected.

    I understand that one wants to defend their own country though dont get why Hazo is getting his knickers in a twist but sometimes you cannot defend the indefensable.

    I accept that London is hardly crime free and have said so, i also accept its a terrorist target and have said so, just because i am from the UK does not mean i will defend them when i know for a fact i am wrong.

    Peace be with you
    I don't want to fight with you either, but most of the "facts" you are referring to could just as well be pointed at any country in Europe.

    I live in this country so I know what I am talking about and I don't have to refer to biased (and a bit racist) reports from your media.

    I'm a white South African living in a great country that is full of black South Africans who aren't your stereotypical black savages from deepest darkest Africa. We are about to host one the top events in the world. It seems that Europe can't accept that we are able to host a successful event and seem relentless in trying to scare people away from coming here.

    I'm certainly not saying that we don't have issues in this country, but your "media" has blown it way out of proportion.

    Lets talk again at the end of the World Cup.

  2. #42
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    LMAOOOOO!

    You boys make me laugh and thats a good thing...much better than watching my men fight amongst each other.

    Thank you!!

    xoxoox
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  3. #43
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    May I ask you both a question. Has there been a bit of history between S. Africa and Europe? It sounds to me like your two countries have some type of prejudice against each other and its ridiculous. I mean Europe and S Africa probably have the same types of crime as the US, Asia, Australia...etc...what we outsiders learn about it comes from news reports that can be very bias in nature.....so just because you can read about such crimes in one country but maybe not in others does not mean its not there......just not reported on as much.

    Ixian and BP...I respect both of you and I think both countries are great and the people are wonderful.......of course there are some no matter where you live that will ruin a countries reputation.....just look at what started this crap......Osama Binladen was the subject and i don't think any of us disagree on that subject?

    Please don't fight, it doesn't become either of you.

    Hugs
    Pat
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  4. #44
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giggles7p View Post
    May I ask you both a question. Has there been a bit of history between S. Africa and Europe? It sounds to me like your two countries have some type of prejudice against each other and its ridiculous. I mean Europe and S Africa probably have the same types of crime as the US, Asia, Australia...etc...what we outsiders learn about it comes from news reports that can be very bias in nature.....so just because you can read about such crimes in one country but maybe not in others does not mean its not there......just not reported on as much.

    Ixian and BP...I respect both of you and I think both countries are great and the people are wonderful.......of course there are some no matter where you live that will ruin a countries reputation.....just look at what started this crap......Osama Binladen was the subject and i don't think any of us disagree on that subject?

    Please don't fight, it doesn't become either of you.

    Hugs
    Pat
    No history as far as i know that acuses any deep resentment though the Brits do have centuries of having oppressed other people.

    But from a personal stand point i ahve nothing against South Africa whatsoever.

    Just stating facts by the UN and not the media as was misreported.

    Sometimes facts cannot be fought against so other "stuff" is thrown in to the mix to confuse the issue.

    Anyone can access the facts via google through legitimate international organisations, so i am happy for people to draw their own opinions.

    All i say to anyone, show me facts facts and facts

    If you cannot then i dont see the point in debating an issue
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  5. #45
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    1,952
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 682 Times in 400 Posts

    Default Selective Facts

    I've just finished feeding the wolf-hounds and have set them loose into the yard and have my 9mm by my side, just in case.

    Facts, facts and more selective facts, how about this one:

    The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

    ps. I do not disagree with the UN facts.

  6. #46
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    I just got back from two weeks in SA and did not once feel scared or unsafe - Beautiful country, great people and bloody good fun. The fact is the stats you read are massively skewed - You need to remember SA has a massive poor population where much of the crime you read about takes place......actually much like any country......and as a tourist its highly unlikely you will come across this, what you come across is awesome weather, unbelievable food, cheap booze and some amazing scenery amongst other things - Only complaint is you need more taxis!

    As for London - This new security level is not "new" we were at this last year - Its massively rare something will happen to you, remember how dam big our city is and how many people live here....if something was to happen it is hugely unlikely it would be you

    At the same time remember never let these people own you or change you - We have a girl at our work who was in the Bus in the July 07 bombings and survived - She still rides the trains and the buses....of course she was nervous at the start but life doesn't stop..
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexpratt For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (26 January 2010), sipka (25 January 2010)

  8. #47
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    I live in this country so I know what I am talking about and I don't have to refer to biased (and a bit racist) reports from your media.
    .
    Oh ok then so you will use the media then, even our racist media as you so eloquently put it when it suits you, glad we cleared that one up.

    Ok mate you win ok, South Africa is safe as a country picnic and the thousands of sources that so otherwise are all wrong.

    My bad

    Shall we move on now?
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  9. #48
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    1,952
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 682 Times in 400 Posts

  10. #49
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    Yes please, lets move on, but I want to have the last say.
    Ok
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  11. #50
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Ill have the last say!
    "CasinoJack"


  12. #51
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    1,952
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 682 Times in 400 Posts

  13. #52
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,088
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 636 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elgoog View Post
    you have a boss???
    Yes I have a boss although I do not listen to him You will meet him in London and you will see what I mean

  14. #53
    TheBoyMitchell is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 288 Times in 183 Posts

    Default

    Just a bit of fyi.

    The raising of the alert is *not* related to an imminent attack on the tubes or buses. It has been raised due to another factor, but is only a generic warning.

    I cant be more specific as I dont think the information is on general release.

    Just be as vigilant as you usually are, and if anything makes you feel unsafe or unseasy, then dont do it

    eta - I wasnt going to say what the problem is, but it turns out its in the Sydney Morning Herald (oddly enough), so I can spill I guess. Intelligence has revealed the possible of a female cell hijacking an Indian Airlines (or other Indian National airline) plane and then crashing it 'somewhere'. The 'somewhere' may or not be London, but its more likely to be a European destination or somewhere that the plane can get to on one fuel load (as it makes no sense for the cell to have to go through more than one set of security controls).

    "In India, authorities ordered tougher security measures, including more checks on baggage and travellers at airports as well as the deployment of sky marshals on planes, after a tip-off from Western intelligence services"

    So there you go. You can read the link here. I know I have put more into the above than what it says, but it ties in with what I have been told.

    http://www.smh.com.au/world/britain-...0123-mro6.html

  15. #54
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    It's funny how this discussion completely stopped when that article was shown.

    I'm not going to go to the UK anymore, it's too scary and dangerous. I could get ***** and it isn't safe for kids to go to a Kindergarten or to have a picnic :P

  16. #55
    TheBoyMitchell is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 288 Times in 183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazo View Post
    It's funny how this discussion completely stopped when that article was shown.

    I'm not going to go to the UK anymore, it's too scary and dangerous. I could get ***** and it isn't safe for kids to go to a Kindergarten or to have a picnic :P
    Stop grumbling

  17. #56
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Haha I'm just a **** stirrer. I'm enjoying this.

  18. #57
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazo View Post
    It's funny how this discussion completely stopped when that article was shown.

    I'm not going to go to the UK anymore, it's too scary and dangerous. I could get ***** and it isn't safe for kids to go to a Kindergarten or to have a picnic :P
    Funny how some cannot read and are nothing more than trouble makers who just want to stir things up.

    Cant stand troublemakers and they are so easy to spot
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  19. #58
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    Funny how some cannot read and are nothing more than trouble makers who just want to stir things up.

    Cant stand troublemakers and they are so easy to spot
    One day you will learn to make decisions for yourself instead of being held hostage to the media's fear mongering.

    You comments on SA have been nothing but rude, discriminatory, racist and downright ignorant.

    It is people like you that spread fear amongst the world based on hearsay and ignorance.

    You should be ashamed and I think an apology is in order.

  20. #59
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazo View Post
    One day you will learn to make decisions for yourself instead of being held hostage to the media's fear mongering.

    You comments on SA have been nothing but rude, discriminatory, racist and downright ignorant.

    It is people like you that spread fear amongst the world based on hearsay and ignorance.
    LOL the racist card

    You know when someones point of view has been smashed when they dig so low as to bring out the race card

    Come on mate try better

    I brought you FACTS, you bring slurs tut tut
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  21. #60
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    What facts and what what point of view do I have that's been smashed.

    Your argument is that people should be scared of being killed or ***** in SA because the media told you so.

    Have you ever been to SA? Have you studied it? What do you know about it?

    I'm assuming that the only legitimate information you think you have is from the media.

    That my friend is ignorance. And yes, racist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •