The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Default UK Minister wants gambling review white paper "out of the door" in next few weeks

New government minister Paul Scully said on Wednesday he wanted to get the much-delayed gambling review white paper "out of the door" but was unable to say whether it would be published this year.

According to Racing Post, Scully, who took over the gambling brief in October, said the government's proposals would be revealed "in the next few weeks."

From the article:

Scully, who is the fifth minister to hold the gambling brief since the review was launched, was asked when the white paper was to be published on the BBC's Politics Live programme.

He replied: "All I can say is it's in the next few weeks, I really want to get it out of the door."

The minister said he had been in a meeting with gambling reform campaigners including Gambling With Lives before the programme, adding: "I want to make sure I get it absolutely right rather than rush it."

However, when pressed whether "in the next few weeks" meant the white paper would be published before Christmas, Scully answered: "It depends how you define that."
    Read more here: https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...ource=hs_email

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

ironman2000 (3 December 2022)