Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default UK resident betting in Spain

Quick question, in Spain on hols and trying to get a bet on but having tried a few likely candidates I'm getting blocked from all either at the login stage or deposit. Sure I got a bet away with bet365 last time I came but no luck today. Any bookies still taking bets from UK punters who happen to be in Spain anyone know?
    Last edited by golfbettingsystem; 22 July 2015 at 4:18 pm. Reason: typo

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,961 Posts

1/ Have you tried their apps - they might be more forgiving as you will automatically login to an approved account?

2/ Or use Opera-mini as your browser on a mobile. This browser uses proxies to access the net and effectively masks your ip address - with the most common result for Europeans being a generic "Europe" location ....

I know this because it's frustrating my attempts to do full geo-location for all readers

3/ Or check the bookmaker FAQs - they might have a holiday mode that allows a varying IP address?

Thanks

Cheers, had tried a view via their apps too with no luck. Will look into the Opera-mini browser, could well be the answer!

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 972 Posts

it-s pretty strict.. and might go against some term.. be sure to read.. but typically you have to use the spanish versions of their sites.. titanbet.es betfair.es etc.. best is to head over to your local sportium they are everywhere and you also get free beer for every bet placed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    best is to head over to your local sportium they are everywhere and you also get free beer for every bet placed
    ...sounds perfect, just have to find a way to get that option past the wife lol!

peterhanneman is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    Cheers, had tried a view via their apps too with no luck. Will look into the Opera-mini browser, could well be the answer!
    I don't know if they're allowed in Spain but have you tried accessing the betting site via a VPN - this will basically make the site think you're Spanish. Just try it out and see if it works.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peterhanneman For This Useful Post:

golfbettingsystem (22 July 2015)

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

was going to say where abouts are you? know a few places you can get a bet on if in the right places

Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Thanks

It's only legal to bet with Spanish licensed bookmakers. Nevertheless, we all use VPNs to screen the location. Just download Surf easy or something similar for free, you have some limited access without any cost and it will be enough for your needs.

Other alternative is to place a bet in a local betting shop - if available. In Madrid Ladbrokes (Cirsa), Hills (Codere) and others are on every street corner. In Andalucia, only Tote betting on horses is allowed, and their's only one shop in Puerta Banus!

Where there's a will there is a way - location doesn't limit anything of you know how to get around these things!

LukeC is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

It's illegal for any of them to accept bets from Spain but if you set a UK VPN up you will be able to get on. I use my-private-network which is a fiver a month for a one country VPN and easy to install on PC/mobile/tablet.

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 4,858 Posts

So you recommend using a VPN to HIDE your true source IP and then you "fraudulently" state you reside in a different country?

You understand that if you won big and they found out they could deny the winnings correct?

Rick
    Universal4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 July 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebookiesoffers View Post
    was going to say where abouts are you? know a few places you can get a bet on if in the right places
    In Murcia. Will get someone at home to place it for me this morning to save mucking about, thanks for all the comments though everyone.

Small beer in the bigger scheme of things I guess, but some kind of international solution for verified accounts could be an option. Got to be a fair number of holidaymakers who have the same problem when they travel, the first bookie to find a solution could grab that business. Would need a change in Spanish law though by the sounds of it.

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,961 Posts

Did the opera-mini browser fail to work?

Very surprised - as I cannot see any way to detect the actual location of the user when they come through those proxies ...
    I'm obviously going to have to dig a little deeper ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Did the opera-mini browser fail to work?

Very surprised - as I cannot see any way to detect the actual location of the user when they come through those proxies ...
    I'm obviously going to have to dig a little deeper ...
    Going to try it over the next few days, will let you know how I get on. Only had a couple of small bets to place yesterday so got someone back in the UK to sort them out quickly. Over here for another week and a bit though which means I'll have to sort something out before next week's 2 golf tournaments!

Thanks

Re Opera-mini: just downloaded on iPhone and the third bookie I tried it worked just fine, first two defaulted to the .es domain so still recognised the location but 3rd one wasn't so clever and login/deposit/bet all succeeded. Great tip Gooner, many thanks!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

TheGooner (23 July 2015)

vardan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

These are a few directions of betting shop (casa de apuestas) Codere in Murcia:
    You can find more local shops in Murcia here xxxhttps://www.codere.es/dlv/caw/home.html#1383825337076
    The page is in spanish, just put "murcia" on search box and you'll see the results on the map.

Plaza Emilio Diez De Revenga, 1
    Calle Mariano Girada, 6
    Calle Vara De Rey, 7

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vardan For This Useful Post:

golfbettingsystem (23 July 2015)

Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Several betting shops in Murcia - most have the same UK program since they are fed by Ladbrokes and Hills

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,956 Times in 1,632 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    So you recommend using a VPN to HIDE your true source IP and then you "fraudulently" state you reside in a different country?

You understand that if you won big and they found out they could deny the winnings correct?

Rick
    Universal4
    Bet365 won't do that, especially not by an account with history from UK. But to access a bookie via VPN that has no dedicated IP and you do not know who did there what is not a good advice. On the other hand - anyone can have his own VPN server near his home location and access websites and there is nothing bad about it. I do this at the airports and similar places. Either way there is nothing wrong with asking them on chat of bet365.es if there will be no problem with public VPN if you use it. There are several for free with limited bw.

May I ask OP for the screenshot how the website is blocked? I think Bet365 does not inform me to promote them as bet365.es, so I hoped there is some functional redirect in place.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

Thanks

Hi Sherlock - see screenshot below:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

Sherlock (23 July 2015)

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,956 Times in 1,632 Posts

I did not realize you go there from mobilephone. Visiting from browser truly redirects from .com to .es, but mobilephones are different.

Small chance but give a try to alternative like:
    365sport365.com
    italiabet365.com
    allsport365.com

(hope there is no affiliate code inside and those are bet365 domains)

We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
    It's only legal to bet with Spanish licensed bookmakers. Nevertheless, we all use VPNs to screen the location. Just download Surf easy or something similar for free, you have some limited access without any cost and it will be enough for your needs.

Other alternative is to place a bet in a local betting shop - if available. In Madrid Ladbrokes (Cirsa), Hills (Codere) and others are on every street corner. In Andalucia, only Tote betting on horses is allowed, and their's only one shop in Puerta Banus!

Where there's a will there is a way - location doesn't limit anything of you know how to get around these things!
    take it you are the poster that said they live in Banus? was there last month, stayed in Marbella (love it there) and went Banus for the day to meet a friend that lives in San Pedro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast