The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Default UKGC Survey: Online gambling participation surging

The UK Gambling Commission released its quarterly gambling participation and problem gambling research for the year to September 2022, which reported that online gambling participation has surged 27%.

The report also revealed that despite the increase in online activity, overall participation in gambling is almost at pre-pandemic levels growing to 44%, falling just short of the 47% reported across the same period in 2019.

Key findings from the report:

- in year to September 2022, overall participation in any gambling activity (in the last four weeks) remained statistically stable at 44% (compared to year to September 2021)

- in year to September 2022, the in-person gambling participation rate significantly increased to 27%, although this figure still remains below the pre-pandemic level (compared to year to September 2021)

- the online gambling participation rate has significantly increased to 27%, continuing its long-term trend (compared to year to September 2021)

- the overall headline problem gambling rate as measured by the short form PGSI is statistically stable at 0.3%. The moderate risk and low risk rates are also statistically stable at 1.1% and 1.8%, respectively (compared to year to September 2021).
    Read the report here: https://assets.ctfassets.net/j16ev64...mber_2022.xlsx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

ocreditor (30 October 2022)

mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Great how everything revolves around the pathetic 0.3% who have no self-control.

SHIROKURO LUSH is offline Private Member
    Thanks

As a fellow user, I am very happy to see that the growth of online gambling is increasing.

ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,821 Times in 2,398 Posts

Not so surprising in my opinion, I wonder if this is connected to the portion of players that switched to gamble in offshore sites due to the over-regulations they UKGC apply ... I assume it's all connected

Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It would be great when these organizations provide this analysis that they provide some causal perspective and insight. Why is gambling surging? We all have our opinions but would be great to get some factual insight from research.
    statsdrone.com

Want to try the StatsDrone for free for 30 days? Would you like a demo? DM me!

misters is offline Brand New Member
    Thanks

Gambling has the potential to make a lot of money that can change your life. Many people around the world have a sincere desire to become wealthy, but their day-to-day work is not enough to satisfy their desires, so they turn to gambling. This means there is no end to the gambling industry. It is not difficult to predict that more and more money will move.