View Poll Results: Do you think this hacker should be banner forever?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    118 92.91%
  • No.

    9 7.09%
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 714
  1. #501
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GCG View Post
    Yes these hackers copy your sites content line by line or phrase so it will not show as duplicate content if you use copyscape.

    At this stage IMO 95% of all affiliates sites have been copied and losing traffic as Google will penalize established sites for duplicate / not original content.

    Even casino city is a victim.
    What is even more sad than some creepy and dodgy casino's working with them, is that over 95% of the affiliates really don't see the problem. Some of them not even after they're hit theirself. I saw one example here. His site was hit, but he's still promoting RevJet brands...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (23 June 2015)

  3. #502
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,319 Posts

    Default

    I've got another one. Check this:

    htxtp://andorrafreeshop.com/mayoristas
    htxtp://blog.bestrestaurants.com.au/tag/eue-de-vie/
    htxtp://kujakutrading.com/upcoming-events/80-special-ocassions-and-events.html
    hxttp://dgtully.com/the-panda-strikes-again-for-publishing-spammy-content/
    htxtp://hetiskoers.nl/tyler-farrar-wie-het-eerst-thuis-is/
    htxtp://doctorsknowbest.com/654/testicular-pain-causes-symptoms-treatment

    And thousands more.

    Also approximative the same sort of casino's: Affpower, 888, Buffalo, RevenueJet.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    dfiocch (23 June 2015)

  5. #503
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 759 Times in 418 Posts

    Default

    these domains are examples (WP test domains used by a hacker)

    xxxbestslotplay.eu
    xxxbigcasinos.eu

    to test how to scrape content from your sites.

    via eurid.eu you will find his email and google it you will find who he is (could be another hacker but his work is very similar)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    dfiocch (24 June 2015)

  7. #504
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 567 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GCG View Post
    these domains are examples (WP test domains used by a hacker)

    bestslotplay.eu
    bigcasinos.eu

    to test how to scrape content from your sites.

    via eurid.eu you will find his email and google it you will find who he is (could be another hacker but his work is very similar)
    @mail.ru

    A surprise... LoL

  8. #505
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 575 Times in 400 Posts

    Default

    I've checked few random affiliate sites, including my own, and so far most of them had some content scrapped. Is there any way to prevent that?
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  9. #506
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 567 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    I've checked few random affiliate sites, including my own, and so far most of them had some content scrapped. Is there any way to prevent that?
    Looking for a solution.
    The major issue with this scraping script is that it comes from various IPs.
    I will keep you updated.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dfiocch For This Useful Post:

    MMM (24 June 2015), Triple7 (24 June 2015)

  11. #507
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,319 Posts

    Default

    I talked with some aff. managers about this subject:

    - 888: They don't care. They acted like I was talking Chinese, but for sure they know about this. They don't care, they won't stop paying this people and it's ok for them.
    - RevJet: They knew what's it about, they said they understand my point, but for them it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    - Buffalo: I guess they instructed their aff. managers quite well on this subject. Everybody told everything is solved, etc. They still are on almost every site.
    - AffPower: Same as Buffalo, difference is that they didn't tell it's solved, but that they try to solve it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (1 July 2015)

  13. #508
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 759 Times in 418 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    I talked with some aff. managers about this subject:

    - 888: They don't care. They acted like I was talking Chinese, but for sure they know about this. They don't care, they won't stop paying this people and it's ok for them.
    - RevJet: They knew what's it about, they said they understand my point, but for them it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    - Buffalo: I guess they instructed their aff. managers quite well on this subject. Everybody told everything is solved, etc. They still are on almost every site.
    - AffPower: Same as Buffalo, difference is that they didn't tell it's solved, but that they try to solve it.
    A friend of mine instructed me to do this :

    If you find your content is being stolen by the hacker just send an email to the contact details of the hacked website and explain which affiliate programs are causing this and provide them or include the support @ affiliateprogram.com in your DMCA email. Not only their webmaster will see the hacking but also can decide to report this to the authorities or ask for a legal compensation. Some hopefully will take legal actions.

    If I will find some time to do this I surely will think about it !

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (1 July 2015), Triple7 (1 July 2015)

  15. #509
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,042
    Thanks
    2,231
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts

    Default

    details of the hacked website and explain which affiliate programs are causing this
    The affiliate programs are NOT causing this.

    Yes, they should take action against those who are doing the hacking, and we can hold their feet to the fire when they do not react and close the hackers accounts etc, BUT the criminals are the hackers who illegally break into unsuspecting webmaster hosting accounts, and hack, alter or add content or scripts (without permission) to the websites of others.

    I agree that the affiliate programs can and should take a much more re-active approach, and they need to immediately stop payments to any affiliate generating revenue in this manner.

    In addition to the "re-active" approach, I would also like to see a more "pro-active" approach, but just like spam, the approach is almost always more re-active.

    Sure they all have TOC that cover it, but can anyone show me where any of them have actually warned affiliates not to take such actions?

    I admit, I do not read all newsletters, but I really don't recall a single one that has ACTIVELY warned affiliates that spam and hacking have been getting worse and warning affiliates that breaking their terms concerning using such methods to generate traffic will be dealt with harshly.

    Rick
    Universal4

    Side Note: I do know there are plenty of programs that take fast action against both spammers and hackers, but besides posting here where are the warnings? (unless I missed that newsletter)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (1 July 2015)

  17. #510
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    The affiliate programs are NOT causing this.

    Yes, they should take action against those who are doing the hacking, and we can hold their feet to the fire when they do not react and close the hackers accounts etc, BUT the criminals are the hackers who illegally break into unsuspecting webmaster hosting accounts, and hack, alter or add content or scripts (without permission) to the websites of others.

    I agree that the affiliate programs can and should take a much more re-active approach, and they need to immediately stop payments to any affiliate generating revenue in this manner.

    In addition to the "re-active" approach, I would also like to see a more "pro-active" approach, but just like spam, the approach is almost always more re-active.

    Sure they all have TOC that cover it, but can anyone show me where any of them have actually warned affiliates not to take such actions?

    I admit, I do not read all newsletters, but I really don't recall a single one that has ACTIVELY warned affiliates that spam and hacking have been getting worse and warning affiliates that breaking their terms concerning using such methods to generate traffic will be dealt with harshly.

    Rick
    Universal4

    Side Note: I do know there are plenty of programs that take fast action against both spammers and hackers, but besides posting here where are the warnings? (unless I missed that newsletter)
    Well, in my opinion if you are knowing what's going on and decided to keep on working with these guys, you're causing it. Formally they give you an order to promote them.

    The hackers are the criminals, but some people are paying this criminals. Without this money, they won't inject casino ads. It's like somebody buying stolen goods. That's also criminal. If I buy stolen goods, I cannot say I have nothing to do with the crime.

    A lot of programs have taken action immediately and do understand the point. Some of them decided to continue working with them. That's the conclusion.

    There can be many reasons why other affiliate programs didn't put this in a newsletter. Perhaps to not give an idea to some affiliates. I heard at AAC some affiliate managers telling that more affiliates are trying to do this as they see the lack of action and as they see some well know brands do keep on working with these guys.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (1 July 2015), GCG (2 July 2015)

  19. #511
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 759 Times in 418 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    The affiliate programs are NOT causing this.
    Yes, they should take action against those who are doing the hacking, and we can hold their feet to the fire when they do not react and close the hackers accounts etc, BUT the criminals are the hackers who illegally break into unsuspecting webmaster hosting accounts, and hack, alter or add content or scripts (without permission) to the websites of others.
    The affiliate programs ARE causing this in fact they reach out to hackers to do the dirty work and provide them with all the domains they can steal content from. It is a very competitive market and ...........

    link to the post on AGD

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (2 July 2015)

  21. #512
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,042
    Thanks
    2,231
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts

    Default

    Cause, NO, but can the programs take better action as a RE-action,? Yes.

    Maybe we should say that wordpress or IIS/Apache is one of the cause's also.

    Poor security practices and possibly week passwords and non-updated operating systems and server software is part of the problem, but the cause is still the criminals themselves.

    Everything else is part of the effect and places where we can place some of the responsibility to help getting the problem reduced somewhat controlled, but let's keep the symantics on track.

    Rick
    Universal4

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (3 July 2015)

  23. #513
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,893
    Thanks
    534
    Thanked 660 Times in 380 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Cause, NO, but can the programs take better action as a RE-action,? Yes.

    Maybe we should say that wordpress or IIS/Apache is one of the cause's also.

    Poor security practices and possibly week passwords and non-updated operating systems and server software is part of the problem, but the cause is still the criminals themselves.

    Everything else is part of the effect and places where we can place some of the responsibility to help getting the problem reduced somewhat controlled, but let's keep the symantics on track.

    Rick
    Universal4
    If certain programs refuse to take action against these hackers then they are most certainly part of the cause of the problem. With this type of crime it takes two to tango.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (4 July 2015), Triple7 (5 July 2015)

  25. #514
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,042
    Thanks
    2,231
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts

    Default

    Sorry but I disagree with that since there is cause and effect.

    Maybe if Linux were a better operating system or if wordpress only allowed code changes from the person that performed the install, or maybe if all web hosts actually REQUIRED strong passwords....since they are all part of the cause since they left it happen. (1000's of sites would not have been compromised if they had not left clients use a single word or number as a password)

    We have seen many times that once web site owners and developers find out they have been hacked they fix the issue, but the hackers just keep hacking other people's sites. We have seen time and again that even when affiliate programs close hackers accounts they re-appear. We have seen time and again that when program do manage to put the stop in on these people they end up showing up on other programs, promoting other brands.

    We have heard reports that time after time it is found that the hackers are using different banks, payment methods and even routing payments through others (maybe the banks are part of the cause too)...

    I totally and completely agree that every program out there needs to fully understand how bad this issue is, and take more action to help get it under control, but I personally think we need to try to stop placing the blame directly on the programs (they are NOT the ones hacking) and convince them more can be done.

    In addition: I fully support pulling support for any and all brands that do NOT react to this situation, once it is proven that they continue to pay for this kind of traffic that is directly related to hacked websites.

    Rick
    Universal4

  26. #515
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree with that since there is cause and effect.

    Maybe if Linux were a better operating system or if wordpress only allowed code changes from the person that performed the install, or maybe if all web hosts actually REQUIRED strong passwords....since they are all part of the cause since they left it happen. (1000's of sites would not have been compromised if they had not left clients use a single word or number as a password)

    We have seen many times that once web site owners and developers find out they have been hacked they fix the issue, but the hackers just keep hacking other people's sites. We have seen time and again that even when affiliate programs close hackers accounts they re-appear. We have seen time and again that when program do manage to put the stop in on these people they end up showing up on other programs, promoting other brands.

    We have heard reports that time after time it is found that the hackers are using different banks, payment methods and even routing payments through others (maybe the banks are part of the cause too)...

    I totally and completely agree that every program out there needs to fully understand how bad this issue is, and take more action to help get it under control, but I personally think we need to try to stop placing the blame directly on the programs (they are NOT the ones hacking) and convince them more can be done.

    In addition: I fully support pulling support for any and all brands that do NOT react to this situation, once it is proven that they continue to pay for this kind of traffic that is directly related to hacked websites.

    Rick
    Universal4
    The bank robber, the mastermind, and the money man all go down if a heist goes bad.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    DaftDog (5 July 2015), GCG (5 July 2015)

  28. #516
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,893
    Thanks
    534
    Thanked 660 Times in 380 Posts

    Default

    I think it is obvious that we are referring to programs that do not take control of the situation.

    I think most of us realise that this hacker can open multiple accounts at a program to try and continue his crimes. But is it not strange that certain programs who have taken ownership of the problem, by re-routing the links to a blank page, no longer appear on these hacked sites. Therefore, in my opinion, affiliate programs are a major part of the problem if they do not take remedial action to effectively control the situation.

    Maybe some of these programs need to use the same type of security that their casinos use to detect duplicate accounts and accounts opened via proxy servers.

    "Where there is a will there is a way." - the hacker found this out and now it's time for some of the affiliate programs to follow suite.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (5 July 2015)

  30. #517
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,893
    Thanks
    534
    Thanked 660 Times in 380 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    Maybe some of these programs need to use the same type of security that their casinos use to detect duplicate accounts and accounts opened via proxy servers.
    I've noticed, but maybe I'm wrong, that programs who require a casino player account to withdraw affiliate earnings do not appear on these lists. So maybe some decent security can help to solve the problem.

    "Where there is a will there is a way."

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (5 July 2015)

  32. #518
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 759 Times in 418 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post


    1 . I totally and completely agree that every program out there needs to fully understand how bad this issue is, and take more action to help get it under control, but I personally think we need to try to stop placing the blame directly on the programs (they are NOT the ones hacking) and convince them more can be done.

    2 . In addition: I fully support pulling support for any and all brands that do NOT react to this situation, once it is proven that they continue to pay for this kind of traffic that is directly related to hacked websites.

    Rick
    Universal4

    1 . Ofcourse the programs do not hack websites themselves but have reached out to hackers and are paying them to rob.

    I have provided 3 subsequent affiliate #ID's from Buffalo Partners used by the hacker.

    You simply can not do that when you apply yourself as a BP affiliate only if you have been provided these by their affiliate manager.

    I also dear to say the affiliate manager know who they are.



    2 . We have seen the mild stance of the GPWA about this issue and kindly asking the affiliate program to close these criminal accounts while it is against the GPWA code of conduct for a program to operate like this.

    I am just stating what the GPWA rules are :

    2.Responsible Promotion and Procedures

    Sponsor Companies will be truthful in all promotions and publish only accurate information about their operations. Any rules and registration procedures affecting affiliates or the public will be made publicly available by the Sponsor Companies. Sponsor Companies will not use unethical methods of promotion either directly or indirectly through others.


    I doubt the GPWA will pull the support for eg Buffalo Partners who have been requested repeatedly to stop working with hackers.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (5 July 2015), Triple7 (5 July 2015)

  34. #519
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    If certain programs refuse to take action against these hackers then they are most certainly part of the cause of the problem. With this type of crime it takes two to tango.
    Exactly. Their ads are for somewhat on those website. Most likely that 'somewhat' is money. Not many guys will hack tons of websites, just to put ads of casino's that are not paying him.

    No money, no honey. I know casino's that took appropiate action and they're not on the websites anymore. If you want to get rid of them, it's quite easy it seems. Just a few brands are playing the victim: they are not paying him, they are blocking every day accounts, but still they keep on promoting them... Something sounds very unlogical in that.

    These brands are paying their affliliates to promote them. They know what's going on, so in this particular case they are paying someone to promote the way they're promoting them, an unethical and moreover an illegal way.

    "We have to stop blame them, but try to convince them... " is kind of a disappointing point of view. This is going on for months and months and still they're promoting them. I (and others) spoke about this with them at AAC... 888 and Rev Jet just don't care. AffPower and Bufalo instructed their people well: they all immediately said the things they're saying for months: they don't pay them, they are blocking every day accounts and still someone is promoting them without receiving a penny.

    Talking more to them, mailing more to them to convince them, I think it's useless. You will get a reply with some dodgy excuses or the same dodgy statements they're making now. As a first step it was ok, but they still are in this. I think they will just change their mind if they feel this where it hurts most...

    That is quite unlogical. I talked also with good willing brands about this. It's not a hell of a job to get rid of them. If you want...

    To be honest, this is disappointing. The rules of GPWA are quite clear. It seems that it's just paperwork, just something formal for the window...
    Last edited by Triple7; 5 July 2015 at 5:53 am.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (5 July 2015)

  36. #520
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Exactly. Their ads are for somewhat on those website. Most likely that 'somewhat' is money. Not many guys will hack tons of websites, just to put ads of casino's that are not paying him.

    No money, no honey. I know casino's that took appropiate action and they're not on the websites anymore. If you want to get rid of them, it's quite easy it seems. Just a few brands are playing the victim: they are not paying him, they are blocking every day accounts, but still they keep on promoting them... Something sounds very unlogical in that.

    These brands are paying their affliliates to promote them. They know what's going on, so in this particular case they are paying someone to promote the way they're promoting them, an unethical and moreover an illegal way.

    "We have to stop blame them, but try to convince them... " is kind of a disappointing point of view. This is going on for months and months and still they're promoting them. I (and others) spoke about this with them at AAC... 888 and Rev Jet just don't care. AffPower and Bufalo instructed their people well: they all immediately said the things they're saying for months: they don't pay them, they are blocking every day accounts and still someone is promoting them without receiving a penny.

    Talking more to them, mailing more to them to convince them, I think it's useless. You will get a reply with some dodgy excuses or the same dodgy statements they're making now. As a first step it was ok, but they still are in this. I think they will just change their mind if they feel this where it hurts most...

    That is quite unlogical. I talked also with good willing brands about this. It's not a hell of a job to get rid of them. If you want...

    To be honest, this is disappointing. The rules of GPWA are quite clear. It seems that it's just paperwork, just something formal for the window...
    It is ALL about the money and to me it seems that NO ONE who is "in the money" TRULY wishes to disrupt it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •