affy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default WARNING: Bet-at-Home thiefs

BE VERY CAREFULL WITH BET-AT-HOME AS THEY STEAL YOUR COMMISSION!

If you work with them in grey zones you might be confronted with the following:

Due to our market strategy and legal reasons we do not want our brand bet-at-home.com to be advertised on websites and other advertising channels that explicitly target XXXXX customers, like your website xxxxxxxxxx.com (especially “.XX” domains and websites in XXXXX) for an indefinite period of time. Therefore, we kindly ask you to stop promoting bet-at-home.com within the XXXX market and to delete all advertising material (especially links via banner, text links, content, reviews) until further notice by bet-at-home.com Affiliates.

Please confirm that you have received this message and stopped all advertising activities for bet-at-home.com which target XXXXXX customers by sending us an e-mail until 15/01/2018.

Of course, we will continue to compensate you for your already existing customer base of XXXXXX users, who were acquired in the past. Existing XXXXX customers can still access and use bet-at-home.com without any limitations.

To be followed just a few months later by an email stating:

"we have unfortunately seen that during the last couple of months your advertising activities declined considerably.

This is something we regret as we value all of our partners, especially the ones to be considered as long-term affiliates.

Our intention and business approach is to intensify co-operations rather than seeing prior fruitful co-operations in a continuous level of decreasing results. It is important to mention that we need you to show a certain level of activity, otherwise we cannot obtain a minimum level of 30 %-share.

We would like to invite you to push your traffic and increase your numbers of NDAs (new depositing customers) again until 31st January 2019 (observation period). We think that the wide range of products bet-at-home.com offers for your customers as well as the strong brand will make this an easy task for you. Thus said, we need to see whether you are still considering our brand with focus within your advertising strategies.

In February 2019, we will review your results and let you know whether you were able to get back to your average number of NDAs from the past during the observation period, otherwise, we will reduce your current commission to a level of 5%.

We are absolutely certain that you can get back to your acquisition level from the past, as we believe in the quality and amount of players which you’ve sent so far.

We are definitively here to support you on this way. Simply get in touch with us if you have specific requirements or any special thoughts (creative materials, acquisition tools, questions)
    ."

So Bet-at-Home confirms players can deposit and keep playing, they will stick to the deal. Then to change that in "f*ck you", we stick your commission in our own pockets....

Now there are many "grey" geo's like Germany for example where Bet-at-Home is doing big business. So if you are working with them in grey zones prepare yourself for a big loss.... YOU ARE WARNED!

ps.
    XXXX obivously replaces the country, and geo of customers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affy For This Useful Post:

celena (20 October 2018), nfint12 (1 October 2018)

nfint12 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing, they wont be going on any of my sites.

giovanni is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Exactly the same mail I received from them, too. I hate, when somebody changes T/C retrospectivelly, because they still have a profit from players, which we delivered to them. And also everybody, who is doing this business must understand, that if the comissions are for life, then during the time all the players are "taken" already - and new players CANNOT be found, as before.

Toni is offline Public Member
    Thanks

which country did you target ? On which countries are they seeing problems ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    which country did you target ? On which countries are they seeing problems ?
    Not sure which countries they see problems but Germany for one is a country where the future is pretty insecure, But that is not the issue here. Closing a country due to risk is wise and understandable.

BUT they did not close it at all. In fact players were (and still are) depositing and playing. They STOPPED paying the agreed commission over those players!

*Bold is just to emphasize for the readers who only scan, not to shout at you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to affy For This Useful Post:

celena (20 October 2018)

Toni is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I understand what you mean and I agree 100%. Just wanted to know if they started to stop with partners in germany because it's one of their main market and quasaraffiliates did exactly that to their affiliates in germany.

dirk20 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Germany can be a very troublesome market, indeed. I remember something weird happening with Pinnacle sometime ago: All of the sudden, they decided to not allow customers from Germany to register anymore. Which also means, you cannot acquire new players from Germany for the Pinnacle affiliate program, of course.
    Well, it took 3 months only when they mailed me that I shouldn't be allowed to read the Pinnacle odds feed/API anymore because I didn't send enough new customers. I didn't even know that connection existed beforehand, other odds APIs are completely open without constraints. Okay but the user base of the odds comparison service I used to run had the main focus on the German market. Not entirely but historically strongest. Furthermore, Pinnacle was pretty well-know among players, anyway. So, off they went from the entire website, all work invested in setting-up the odds feed in vain, by the way ...
    I still cannot see that Pinnacle did themselves a favor with this stupid behavior, after all they only got less represented, nothing more.

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

They really really don't want to have anything to do with you or your traffic. Why? Is it only because it's a German site or there are other things at play here?

Did you contact them to get more information and perhaps sort it out?

The other email is an automated email that gets sent to those who trigger it. I agree the reduction to 5% is wrong on so many levels and illegal if enforced retroactively.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    They really really don't want to have anything to do with you or your traffic. Why? Is it only because it's a German site or there are other things at play here?

Did you contact them to get more information and perhaps sort it out?

The other email is an automated email that gets sent to those who trigger it. I agree the reduction to 5% is wrong on so many levels and illegal if enforced retroactively.

This has nothing to do with me nor my traffic. They claim to have closed the country (which would not be a problem as things like that happen)

However they DID not close the country and are still taking deposits from my previous players but do no longer pay the agreed commission. This can happen in any country so therefore, BE WARNED!

ps.
    I did contact them indeed, they suggested me to start promoting other countries... Are they really that stupid... Yes sure like I am going to push new traffic from other countries just to fall for the same trick in the future again?! Kn*bheads!!

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts